Miles Kimball

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vicki Updike

Silver Star Brands Reviews

Customer Retention Manager (Current Employee)
    Oshkosh, WI

ProsTeam members are encouraged to voice their opinions and are heard. There is a lot of opportunity to learn new things and to grow.

ConsMust be able to work in a fast pace environment and be willing to be held accountable. Expectations are high on performance, but team member participation in projects is welcomed and looked positively upon.

Clueless management

Merchandising (Former Employee)

ProsFair PTO and average health/dental benefits. They started immediately which was nice that you didn't have to wait. My co-workers in my immediate department were nice.

ConsUpper management is clueless to what is going on in the marketplace. They will throw all there energy into a project only to scrap it after wasting numerous peoples time. HR doesn't address issues when they are brought to their attention like verbally abusive co-worker.

Good when things are going well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are many friendly people that work there. Some people are really on the ball and got a handle on their areas.

ConsEmployee Satisfaction is going downhill more and more. Hard to be excited when there is little investment in the people.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You can do a lot better

Call Center (Former Employee)
    Oshkosh, WI

ProsPros.......Some weeks you get 2 days off. You even get 3 day's if you are lucky! If you are full time, you will get PTO, and if you are full time and get fired, you might get unemployment, but they will fight it! You get to see how corporate America works, where if you suck up to the right people, you will get promoted!

ConsYou only get 2 or 3 days off each week. The pay is pretty terrible. Be very excited if you get a 10 or 15 cent raise after several years without a raise. If you aren't very appreciative, they will find a way to let you go.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe take an introductory to management course. Perhaps you could listen to your team members. Perhaps management could take a phone call here and there. We are told to lie to the customers all the time, maybe you could give it a shot!

Miserable

ProsCompany provides competitive wages and benefits and good vacation time. External customers are definitely put first, which is a great quality for a company to have.

ConsEmployees are underappreciated. The time and effort that you put into your job and projects goes either unnoticed, is never "enough" for management, or the projects fall apart and your time was wasted due to bad direction, or minimal support to begin with. You do not feel valued. Morale is not a concern of upper level management. Scratch that. It's not even a consideration. Who needs morale? Draining work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother? They won't listen any way.

hire you then get you to do a different job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfree coffee, gave medical benefits immediately

Conslong hours, did not pay for relocation. Small cube environment, strange staff watching others using mirrors

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after you staff, dont burn them out. Value your staff, by good pay and letting them have vacation time, they will be more productive after a rest.

Clueless Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost employees are really great. My direct manager was very easy going and nice. They have a casual work environment and pretty decent vacation time.

ConsThe ELT (Executive Leadership Team) is clueless of things going on throughout the company. You have high level managers who avoid confrontation, problems and issues brought to their attention. Each year the company will focus on some new problem and then change directions during the first quarter. Communication is non-existent and all departments fights with each other and are not on the same page. The company pays huge salaries to people who have "ideas" or "suggestions" but then never follow through with things.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart respecting your employees that have been there for years. Listen to feedback and actually make changes - don't be afraid of confrontation and hope that it just goes away.

Good Company until you don't give in to their "wants"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat customer base. 95% were always nice and a pleasure to speak with. I loved my co-workers. There was always good conversation and smiles to share. The pay was great plus.

ConsI wanted to make MKC a career. I was a quality worker for many years. I got shot down on full time positions and other misc jobs within the company. Making me feel always 2nd best.

Behind the times company who doesn't have a clue

Merchandising (Former Employee)
    Oshkosh, WI

ProsMany of the employees are great people. Small town atmosphere and casual work environment. Vacation time is fair.

ConsUpper management is awful. They don't have a clue what it means to be a retailer in today's age. Constantly changing the strategy and swinging the pendulum too far one way and then too far another. Didn't give raises two years in a row and there are constant layoffs. IT dept. and technology completely underfunded and behind the times by at least 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some outside talent who has some experience and listen to their advice. Treat your employees with respect and appreciate them!

Fantastic place to learn...

Internet Marketing Analyst (Former Employee)
    Oshkosh, WI

ProsAccess to some of the best technologies for a direct marketer. Great opportunity to own your piece of the business and work with top level management.

ConsNot a lot of educational or conference opportunities for staff to keep ahead of the curve.

Worked for Miles Kimball? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miles Kimball reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Miles Kimball CEO Vicki Updike. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Miles Kimball employees.