Milestone Internet Marketing

Updated October 10, 2014
2.3

Milestone Internet Marketing CEO Anil Aggarwal
Anil Aggarwal

Pros
  • If you need more experience under your belt, you will learn a lot in a short time (in 8 reviews)

• Mini Perks: Free breakfast on Fridays and quarterly outings (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what they're doing and lack respect for their employees (in 15 reviews)

• The most successful account managers tend to have a few years of work experience under their belts (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

The Real Deal

Current Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - E-strategist/Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

100% employer paid insurance
    paid vacation and sick days
    free weekly breakfast
    great employees

Cons

More work than you can imagine

We need more diversity in the Chicago office. It's like a high school culture right now and this is a very professional company so it just doesn't mix.

"Slow but, steady."

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

If you can get a chance, take it! This company is amazing. Just exiting college and coming in to the great world of business, this is the company for you. They learning experience is amazing in itself. It teaches you the to how to work as team to get tasks done. It has days of lots of work but, all pays off in the end. The CEO and owner are very kind and outgoing towards the employees. They help you with any problems you may have and provide better ideas to improve on your own. I strongly suggest this company.

Cons

In the process of changing the systems, so a little slow.

Great Job!

I'm doing well for myself

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

I have a lot to be thankful for. The company has taught me a whole lot about SEO, social, PPC, local, organic, and everything else in between. There’s a lot of opportunity for growth. Now that I’ve moved up from account management to management, everything from my MBA makes sense. (I knew that second degree would be worth it!)

To clarify, many reviewers highlight the work overload. To some, it’s true. But to others, it’s totally manageable. If you look at the bigger picture, the world of SEO moves fast. The small business world (especially that in Silicon Valley) also moves fast. Milestone being one of the more successful ones is an anomaly given the average life span of most start ups. Understand that you’re entering a world of things moving fast. So duh, there will be a lot of stuff to do. Now, successful account managers take on the challenges, learn, grow, and manage themselves well. (That amount of work doesn’t seem so big anymore, and the account managers become experts in their own rights.) Not successful ones burnout, leave, and resort to venting on Glassdoor. Not to say that the latter are incapable people at heart; they could have very well worked hard but under an ineffective manager. However, many of the successful employees, like myself, have since moved up into management. The ineffective managers were replaced with ones who know very well what it’s like to be on the front line. That has fostered a higher degree of skill, support, guidance, and mentorship.

With that said, a growing company will always have growing pains. There will be reports, meetings, emails, phone calls, ups and downs. The most successful account managers are the ones who don’t sweat the small things and continue to develop themselves well after the 3-month introductory period. I advise: just take the coaching, relax, and keep evolving. Account managers are given the tools and training to be their own successes. Sky’s the limit from that point. And from my own experience, the rewards are very good and lucrative.

Cons

Not so much nowadays but the recruitment process was lacking for a bit. I think in the past, we’ve hired people way too early in their careers. The most successful account managers tend to have a few years of work experience under their belts. They understand both the small business / start up environment, and their own professional goals and work ethic. They also come in knowing aspects of related industries so not everything is totally new and daunting. The personalities that work out the best are entrepreneurial in nature; they can see the benefit of investing time instead of seeking immediate gratification by means of entitlement.

PS. If you’re reading this, and considering applying, do take any review with a grain of salt. Glassdoor is like any other review website. The most spiteful reviewers will be the loudest. The most complimentary reviewers may not be posting at all (mostly because they have nothing to vent about). It’s almost like you finding a restaurant on Yelp that had 3 stars. You're hesitant but you decide to try it anyway. And to your surprise, your experience isn't so bad. In fact, it may have actually been good. Then you think, “Wait a minute. All the reviews said it was supposed to suck.” ... well, my friend, just because the bad reviews are loud doesn’t make them accurate.

Amazing learning & career opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

• Great learning opportunities: Full SEO training that you typically can’t get anywhere else. Some exposure to social media marketing and PPC. You become familiar with all aspects of Online Marketing.
    • Growing company with many career opportunities: I’ve been here three years and have been rewarded for my hard work via various opportunities. You can't get these types of opportunities in big companies. You will get out of Milestone what you put in.
    • Amazing Talented Team: All employees are always willing to help others. Very supportive environment. Honestly, the best team that I have ever worked with.

Cons

• Company moves really quickly, so you have to be nimble and flexible in all aspects. Not really a con but for those that fear change and/or don’t embrace a dynamic culture, then this is probably not the place for you.

Great to be around so many talented people. You can learn a lot from this financially successful business

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work, very motivated and challenging environment. Things move at a fast pace and you learn a lot, quickly.

Relatively flat organization, employees are encouraged and empowered to take initiatives, company is full of wonderful people and ideas.

Personally, I was able to work on a lot of things I wanted to do, and was encouraged to pursue my goals. Being able to experiment with different strategies in my job is the reason why I continue to work with the company.

Cons

Could use more recreational events and activities, such as joining coordinated sports leagues.

Milestone All The Way

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

Milestone embodies the Bay Area culture by always staying on the cutting-edge of technology. Management invests a lot of time in training employees and being easily accessible to the employees at all times. Feels like some of the negative reviews on this site are of vindictive nature and posted by an employee who has an axe to grind against the management. I have learnt a lot in the last year or so that I have been with the company.

Cons

Sometimes there are many projects going on at the same time and you constantly have to juggle between multiple aspects of your work. Could do well by organizing more social events and company get-together.

Would be great if employees are enrolled in some sort of team-building exercises at least twice a year. Keep up the good work you have done and make yourself accessible to employees at all times, like how you have been doing. Do not let the negative reviews affect you as it is impossible to keep everyone happy. You are an inspiration to most of your employees.

I find it just fine. I am not sure what the issues are. I love the place.

Current Employee - EStrategist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - EStrategist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

I joined Milestone recently and became aware of the comments posted. I must say that I am surprised with some comments I have seen on this site as I have had nothing but a great time here in the last few weeks. I feel compelled to post because I don't want anyone to read these and be concerned. Most likely some of these comments may have been from an unhappy employee although I am not sure. The work environment is just fine. My manager is very pleasant and great to work with. The management is very talented and very pleasant. I feel like I have learned a lot of good stuff here in just the few weeks - something I know most of my friends at other companies are not doing. Meetings are very helpful, although a little long. Compensation is very fair. Overall, so far a great place to be and I am excited about the future here.

Cons

I do feel its a very busy place because the company is growing but given where I came from, I would rather be busy than have less to do. I can't say much negative right now because I have not seen anything that stands out.

It is too early for me to offer any advice here.

A very fulfilling career at Milestone Internet Marketing

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

The company gives you a chance to learn and constantly evolve and stay ahead in the field. Great compensation for dedicated employees and full support from management. Management is very involved at every step and tries to keep employees motivated. Also a great place that keeps ahead of technology by being a part of all major conferences.

Cons

None. There is a good amount work and sometimes employees have to deal with lot of pressure which is the case with most competitive bay area jobs.

None. Its a great company to be in and keep all those social evening going.

Unparalleled Career Growth Opportunities Coupled With Great Quality Staff and Management

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

Milestone provides the best career growth opportunities, hands down. The amount of time, effort, and energy top-level management invests in growing its employees is unheard of and one can learn a great deal just by interacting with management or even while performing normal, day-to-day activities. Compensation and incentives provided by the company are exceptional and are merit-based and not seniority-based. This culture really drives all employees to perform above-and-beyond their normal call of duty, and also ensures that no one rests on their laurels.

Whenever there is a need to fill in a managerial or a top-level position, company always looks internally first and grows one of its employees into that position. This is also one of the great assets of Milestone.

Having been working with the company for more than 7 years, I still feel very excited to go to work every morning. This, I feel, is a great testament of the company’s ethos, its management, and staff.

Cons

None, really. It is definitely a fast-paced working environment and not for the faint-hearted. When you work in such an environment, you get to learn a lot – quickly, and that enhances your overall growth.

Thank you for all the hard work and effort put into growing the employees. It is your passion, dedication, and single-minded focus that have brought accolades to Milestone and have helped company grow from strength-to-strength.

Go Milestone

Current Employee - Senior E Strategist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior E Strategist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Milestone Internet Marketing

Pros

Learning, Growth, Access to Sr Management, Strong Leadership. Compensation and awards are based on performance not based on years of experience, Reliability - (even in down turn- company is growing, treating employee fairly with bonuses and increases).. I have been here for last two years and I love every single minute of my time .. I spend quality time at work and go home and spend quality time with family.. Company has treated me very well.

Cons

Nothing much I can say here.. Company has done a great job of implementing system and processes to improve efficiency and productivity.. I would say continuous focus on deploying software to improve system..

Do not worry about negative employees and complaining attitude. It is impossible to make every one happy.. I love all the social events company does.. It will be great if we can increase frequency of these events..

Milestone Internet Marketing Photos

Team building at our 2013 Q1 event
Making pasta in one of our off-site quarterly events.
Making the egg noodles at one of our quarterly events.
Relaxing with games, food and drinks at our weekly Friday happy hour.

+ Add Photo