Milestone Promotions

Milestone Promotions Reviews

Updated May 15, 2014

Amazing Growth Opportunity

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI have worked for several different companies including Target and Bank of America. None have ever offered such a positive and team-oriented work environment. All promotion is internal so hard work is rewarded, which is an EXTREMELY pleasant change from previous employers. The opportunity for growth is endless and the owner is supportive and a positive leader working just as hard as her entry-level trainees. Relocating for this job was the best decision I ever made! If you like challenging, fast-paced and positive work environments with rapid growth opportunity, this is the company for you.

ConsThe only challenge I've faced have been how far I'm willing/able to push myself on a daily basis.

This is NOT a PR/advertising Job, Its a SALES JOB!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIts a job that pays you based on performance. Nothing special. If you need some money you can make a decent amount if your OK with a humiliating job. Good money on the weekends (if you want to work F/S/Su)

ConsAs I stated this is definitely NOT an Advertising or PR or Branding job. It is a Sales job. You stand in big box stores hocking products at every customer passing buy. They teach you the "numbers game" of sales and want you to pitch every person who walks by. Who wants to stand in a Sams club and sell "Balance Bands" or Diet products. What a Joke of a job.If you have a degree STAY AWAY!!! Management will try and convince you this is a career but its just a crappy job. My guess is the manager wrote those other reviews to keep applicants from being scared away. don't be fooled its just like every other job on the job boards out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try and fluff up the job description that anyone who has a heartbeat can perform. I was embarrassed to say that I had a degree and worked for this company. The morning Hoo-rah meetings are cheesy and unnecessary. The 90's pump up sales meeting went away with technology, but hey, if it works for you keep at it.

Fantastic Company with an amazing training program and office culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAt my time with Milestone Promotions I learned so many skills that I have now be able to use to help me excel in my current position. The office culture was filled with positivity, and a kind of teamwork mindset that is so rare to find in today's rat-race society. I was so heartbroken when I had to move across country and leave milestone but the opportunities I was given to learn and develop skills I had never done before was something that has proven to be so valuable and I truly cherish my time with this company!

ConsAccountability is huge at Milestone, so if you aren't prepared to work hard and always take responsibility with a "buck stops here" mentality then this may not be the best fit for you. Just like all great things in life you great out of this company exactly what you put into it, which depending on the type of person you are can prove to be a positive or negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on pushing and bringing out the best in your team members! The coaching and management style used is such a rare and beneficial one! Thank you for everything!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for Milestone Promotions, Inc. for less than 1 year.

Manager In Training (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearn a lot in a very short period of time. I learned how to time manage, build client relationships, manage events and people, and most importantly how to work towards my own goals. It has not only made me better professionally, but personally.

ConsDealing with people who are not self motivated and goal oriented. Having patience with other people's learning curves and understanding everyone learns at different paces and in their own ways.

I've learned 10 X more about Business, PR & Marketing with Milestone Promotions than I did in 4 years of college.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) North Houston, TX

ProsI unfortunately had to move to New York for personal reasons and leave this position, and I throughly enjoyed being a part of the Milestone team. Great business training and true team atmosphere; Management has great communication with team and reps; Challenging, fast paced and a lot of room for growth. Marketing strategies that are taught genuine, legitimate and effective. Travel opportunities available and very rewarding. Bonuses are given to reward hard work!

ConsSome team members work harder than others; It is constantly busy with taking on new clients that important details at times can be overlooked. Some people are hired who are not made for a fast paced environment around goal oriented people. May take too many clients on at one time since so many are on the waiting list and things here and there can slip through the cracks at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for travel & bonuses!

I was employed with Milestone for a little over a year, and promoted within my first 6 months

Event Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI was a recent college graduate when I started at Milestone, and I really value the opportunity, knowledge, and experience I was able to gain there. Not only was I was given the chance to advance into management within only a few months, but everyone that works at Milestone is incredibly friendly, and encouraging. The management really tries to help out in anyway possible, and there's no comparison to the training, and networking opportunities the company provides. Another thing I really liked is that the president of the company is very understanding of a work-life balance, and tries to ensure that the workload is not overwhelming.She also treats everyone as an equal, and doesn't create a sense of superiority. She pretty much has an open door policy and makes it very easy to approach her with problems, or concerns. I would recommend this company to anyone who is a go-getter, and who has the desire to learn a lot, advance, and make lots of money! It's a great opportunity for anyone who is a recent college grad., or who wants a career change.

ConsI cant' say that I have any negatives. This company truly sent me flying in the right direction for a successful future. In addition to that, the President is such a great person, and I learned so much about how to run a business from her. The only reason I left was because I married someone in the military and he was relocated to another state.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Worked for Milestone Promotions? Contribute to the Community!