Milestone Technologies

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Some Pros/Many Cons

Former Employee - IT Technnician in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - IT Technnician in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent exposure to name brand companies. Other employees can be very pleasant, easy to work with. Off-site assignments are fun.

Cons

Very little direction in terms of management. The management has little to no understanding of what it means to 'coach' employees towards success. Within IT especially at Facebook, it can be extremely political. Very weed-and-feed attitude. In the 8 months I worked there, I saw a high turnover ratio; that speaks volumes in itself. My direct manager had no idea what he expected of me, nor how he could be resourceful towards helping me achieve my goals. Overall the experience was OK. I wouldn't recommend them to any ambitions young professional.

Try to promote and retain your employees. Play less politics, and incorporate ALL employees.

Former Helpdesk Manager - Left as fast as I could

Former Employee - Helpdesk Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only Pro is that it's the only way in to certain major tech companies, like Facebook, that have contracted our their Helpdesk to an outsourcing vendor.

Cons

Serious lack of communication from Management to field employees, in part due to high turnover of VPs and Managers. By the way, top-heavy with VPs for a company of its size. I have worked at 2 companies that have contracted with Milestone, and at both places they over-promised and under-delivered. Prem, the CEO, is a shrewd negotiator, but to a fault. He does not properly value high-performers and didn't consider talent retention when negotiating the contract.

Communicate better, recognize & reward talent if you want to retain them. Word is out on Milestone about bad compensation packages and the high-turnover. You have a reputation.

Milestone Technologies Photos