Milestone Technologies

Updated February 24, 2015
Updated February 24, 2015
2.6

Prem Chand

Pros
  • Strong support of work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• They work with top clients in the silicon valley: Google, Facebook, Ebay, etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Would be nice for 401K matching and more tuition reimbursement (in 6 reviews)

• No free breakfast, lunch, and dinner, no stock options, no 401k match (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Offered a lot of perks, but management was inflexible and unorganized.

Former Employee - Tier I Agent in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Tier I Agent in Chico, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is very good, and the work keeps one busy. In addition, the free snacks and coffee, as well as employee gifts were much appreciated. The CEO also seems to be very involved in his company.

Cons

I asked for time off months in advance to see family, and I was denied for lack of coverage, while others took time off with less notice and for no real reason. In addition, the environment is incredibly stressful. Furthermore, management is so disorganized, they'll give someone a job opportunity, while not giving them the proper training. Then, when they figure this out, they don't tell the employee the opportunity is now gone.

Be more organized and flexible. In addition, fill the snacks more often. It often would be cleaned out.

Milestone Technologies is an interesting company that works with a lot of top tech companies in the Bay Area.

Current Employee - Contact Center
    Current Employee - Contact Center

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with top tech companies in the Bay Area such as Facebook, Google, Uber and Ebay. Milestone sets out to make these companies look good by providing support and IT solutions.

Cons

Being onsite at these tech companies still means you are working under Milestone Technologies which may or may not be conducive for growth opportunities.

Work-life balance is good. Training could be more efficient as far as applying lessons visually rather than learning via lectures.

Alright

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Milestone Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great entry level pay. Little to no experience required.

Cons

No possibly of a raise without promotion. Little opportunity for advancement.

Create a workplace that encourages longevity.

Solid people, good service, poor corporate culture.

I have been working at Milestone Technologies

Pros

The employees in the filed are some of the best I have worked with. Solid, dependable and always willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

The culture at Milestone Corporate lacks in depth. Perhaps due to the fact that they are primarily a client driven company they struggle to provide meaningful direction or any real vision.

Disorganized and upper management needs to work on communication w agents

Current Employee - Contact Center Agent in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Contact Center Agent in Chico, CA

I have been working at Milestone Technologies

Pros

good pay for Chico, many shift to choose

Cons

disorganized, subject to layoffs, no annual raises

communicate w agents and show appreciation

Lack of growth, but decent position if you get to work at a client's site

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Milestone Technologies

Pros

- You get to work at the client's site and enjoy their perks

Cons

- Lack of growth
    - Poor/unprofessional management team
    - Lack of transparency/communication

- Present realistic offers
    - better communication
    - offer growth plans instead of trying to maximize profit from each headcount

Enjoyed the support of my coworkers

Former Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Chico, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies

Pros

The ability to assist fun customers

Cons

No support from upper management. So disconnected.

Collaboration. Never heard from the Manager of the call center. What do the operation managers do. Instead of the Supervisor's advising to hurry and take a call, Supervisor's need to jump in and take calls also. Need to be a lot more supportive on agents weakness with further education. Lack of care for sure.

The worst company to work for... EVER! CEO Lies and forces employees to LIE to prospective clients!

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at Milestone Technologies

Pros

None... Cannot find a single one.

Cons

First off, that pay is not that good, at all. Also, the benefits are terrible, they charge more for the premiums than getting a policy straight from the company (and with better benefits).

The worst part of Milestone has to be the CEO, he is a complete and utter douche-bag. Here are some examples why.
    1. The CEO is a complete liar and tries to get his employees to lie to prospective clients. One such (VERY LARGE) silicon valley company met with us. The CEO had a phone conference which he told all of us to lie to the client. He told us to say a new building was full of workers, when in fact only ONE person was there. He even had marketing employees go to Walmart and purchase nick-naks to put on empty desks to make them look occupied.
    2. His ideas are complete garbage. He even told a client it would be a great idea to setup an IT call center in an old run-down barn. He mentioned this to a client, which if you saw their faces, they knew it was also a horrible idea. That client did not sign with us... what a shocker.

GET RID OF THE CEO!!!

What a joke

Former Employee - IT Technnician/Project Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - IT Technnician/Project Manager in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies

Pros

none. they took over a year to convert me to a FT position w/benefits and i had been working with them for over a year in a highly visible PM role working 40 plus hours weekly. All while giving me lip service and excuses. Pay was horrible!

Cons

The HR department and delivery managers advocate only on behalf of the client/customer who is paying them.
    Absolutely no support from delivery manager or HR on unethical hiring practices.
    Wrong doings to employees occur on the regular.
    Travel & finance department are completely inept at doing there jobs.
    Everyone in the office has an attitude problem for some reason.
    They hire people without interviewing and send them out to job sites site unseen.
    Some of the worst techs i have seen came from this company and stick around.
    A new delivery manager was being rotated in every 5 months at SanDisk
    Operating on a 7 year old contract and are too afraid to lose the contract so they wont talk about renewing it or updating it.
    Paying long time employees under 15 an hour is preposterous
    There is supposed to be negotiation when signing a new contract for employees. That never happened and i was told if i do not like the terms i could leave.
    Delivery manager i worked with last was not fit for duty, would berate and belittle the employees for no reason, often not know what he was talking about, gab with other employees for hours at a time and was never at the helpdesk which he is assigned to manage his employees reported never seeing him at his desk when they needed him which is all the time.

Grow a pair and do whats ethically right.

Management doesn't get it..

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chico, CA

I worked at Milestone Technologies

Pros

The money is good, the benefits are good. Coworkers are mostly great, young people in their 20s who like to have fun (and lots of them end up hooking up lol..).

Cons

Management has their heads up their *rear ends* (censored for GlassDoor -_-). The CEO doesn't care at all, their whole corporate 'lets copy Google' (because that's who you end up offering support for in Chico) fakeness is obvious and ridiculous. They micromanage your pee breaks using Verint.. You get the point. Basically, when they opened, everyone started on the same day. By the time a few months have gone by, I've taken thousands of calls to the managements dozen. Meaning, they don't really know what's going on and should trust their capable agents more.

Stop micromanaging to justify your existence. We're not beneath you, sorry. The business could run if 90% of you didn't show up, however, if 90% of the agents called in, you'd lose your contract with Google. BE HUMBLE.

I know nobody bothers to read these, but you guys need to appreciate the agents who are dedicated! I put in overtime every time I was asked, and my thanks? Nothing.

Milestone Technologies Photos