Milestone Technologies

Add Photos

Prem Chand

Customer Support Representative for Milestone Technologies

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI was part of an awesome team made up of highly motivated individuals, received premium call center training and experience, worked on a high end project at one of the biggest tech companies in the world, and qualified for benefits.

ConsDisorganized when it comes to switching employees over to new projects.

Optimism with opportunities for alternate projects was over extended.

Pay was OK (but low income by geographic standards).

Project abruptly came to an end.

Mandatory work on holidays making work/life balance difficult to maintain.

Had to take a step back career wise when moving to a new project.

Most coworkers (myself included) did not receive an annual raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees like they take care of your client's customers!

Be upfront and realistic with employee opportunities when on-boarding new hires.

The best company I have ever worked for.

Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsOpportunities are endless, leadership is compassionate and employee concerns / ideas are listened to and acted on. Most of the employees are able to work at high tech companies around the bay area. The best kept secret in the bay area.

ConsBenefits could be better - There was a new health insurance package this year. Would be nice for 401K matching and more tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees. Add more partners

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Alright. Benefits are eh.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsIf you're employed at a high profile company you get their perks too and you gain experience in developing technology. They offer medical but you pay some out of each paycheck.

ConsThey DO NOT match on 401k which is not great if they plan on keeping their staff for a long time. No room to grow if you can't have a promising retirement. The company is growing but the benefits aren't.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat communication with management.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong business model, some issues with focus and consistency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to gain experience at a lot of great clients; some very strong client relationship managers; co-workers with a wide range of expertise to learn from

ConsSome clients are ignored (or assigned to inexperienced managers) in favor of other clients. Folks who "rise to the top" are often pulled out of other clients and reassigned to higher-profile clients. Messaging from management to staff is often not clear or completely forthcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency, management training and oversight to ensure more consistency

Unpleasant and stressful working environment

Service Desk Tech (Former Employee) Chico, CA

ProsThe pay was decent, for Chico. Most of the people I worked with were great and lots of fun to work with. Everyone was in the same boat, which made the job more bearable.

ConsThe job was highly stressful in the end. They made lots of promises, but in the end many of them were clearly untrue. The combination of sick time and vacation time was not mentioned during the hiring process (it was said that there would be both), and once the job actually started it was clear that things were not going to be like we were told. Once out on the floor it was clear that no one, including the lower level management, had any idea on how to do their jobs. The QA team were useless, and half of the job of the people on the floor was critiquing the QA given to us since they would do it wrong. It seemed like there was a disconnect between the agents on the floor and those who make the policies. Because of this, changes that needed to be made for the sake of agents would take forever to make it through the various levels of bureaucracy and when the policies would finally be made they would be hardly helpful for those who actually had to deal with the problems. Combine all this with a management style that was obviously clique-y and not based on performance and it was hard to ever leave the place feeling noticed for doing your job and doing it well unless you advertised yourself in the same way that those who had the right friends in management would. Most of the opportunities they promised to us lost their appeal when we went through a huge set of layoffs that pretty much changed the atmosphere of the place to one of fear right off the bat. Top it all off, when I left they refused to send me an exit interview that they promised to send me to even give them feedback. It doesn't appear they particularly care about their lowest level workers, since they know in Chico they will always be able to find new workers to use.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more receptive to agents. Find new policies to stop employee turnover (which I understand has increased from what it was when I left, and it was already high). Before long the only employees left will be those with no ambition, or those who are stuck at this job due to lack of other opportunities. The company is going to lose all the people who can get away it seems.

Nice People

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chico, CA

ProsThe people are smart, nice and extremely helpful. They gave me all the support and training needed to do my job.

ConsWorkforce planning could be improved. Many were laid off in a mater of months due to lack of work. It seems a waste of everyone's effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on puttling in place a long term employee strategy. Once you get a rep of a hire and lay-off cultrue it is difficult to get quality employees.

Employees don't get promoted only family members and friends of family.

Agent (Former Employee) Chico, CA

ProsSupervisors are great. Its upper management that doesn't know how well everyone works.

ConsIf your mom or someone has a high position in the company, no matter how horrible of a worker you are , you'll get a promotion. This brings down the morale of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are the most valuable asset you have. You don't know how many great employees/leaders you have on the floor, when you don't talk to your supervisors. The supervisors are the one working with them everyday. The management team should listen to them more often and personal I think they are a joke. Be more prepared! You are the upper management.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Just another terrible company doing dirty work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone, their just another dirty contractor company making profits off of underpaying people.

ConsThis company hired me and set a start date. Then they called me back the next week only to tell me they were going with another candidate. What a huge waste of time and disappointment it was dealing with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give offers to people and then go back on that offer.

Very good working atmosphere along with a strong supporting team

IT Technnician (Current Employee)

ProsGetting the chance to use my brain instead of doing back breaking work.

ConsConstantly changing work environment but this is not actually a bad thing

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Militant Management Style - Leadership woes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chico, CA

ProsThis company at the Chico location has amazing agents and supervisors. The people left there are some of the best that I ever worked along side throughout my employment history.

ConsContinual changes without proper planning and consideration on the impact on the workforce. It's a "do as I say" mentality without any room for questions or input. The management team is by far the most toxic group of leaders I've ever experienced. Hostile work environment with management cursing at staff and rushing around like dictators on a daily basis. The labor board would have a field day with the complaints from this place due to local management. Decisions are made without human consideration. Schedule changes are random and if it doesn't work for an employee, you're told to choose between work, school or your family. Definitely nothing like what was represented when Milestone came to Chico wth false promises.

When a system doesn't work, management rushes to make sudden changes without learning the mistakes and thinking through things before implementing changes. Employees feel stuck with constant reminders that they can't find another job that pays as well.

Managers are chosen randomly, not based on skills or experience, but who the Leadership team likes on a personal basis. If you're quiet and keep your head down to do your work, you're overlooked for career opportunities. If you speak up, you're belittled and intimidated. Poor values displayed by management. The head of Workforce is too flirtatious with female agents and it's a sexual harrassment case waiting to happen. They even laid off within the first six weeks of hiring a mass amount of people. NO wonder only a few accepted a call back.

Wake up CEO Prem. Do something before the people of Chico run you out for letting these things go on.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should take a hold of this and turn things around. Several complaints/grievances brought to the attention of the CEO without any follow through. Show those left they are worth and deserve what you promised. A safe and healthy environment to provide IT solutions.

Worked for Milestone Technologies? Contribute to the Community!