Milgard Manufacturing

Updated January 1, 2015
Updated January 1, 2015
3.2

Gary Gessel

Great people, excellent benefits.

Former Employee - Service Department in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Service Department in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented company, great benefits and competitive pay.

Cons

Management within the branch showing favoritism.

Treat all employees equally and evaluate performance based actual job performance and not personal relationships.

Used to be a good company-not anymore

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Temecula, CA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

coworkers were the best, product was good for the most part. Most of the service techs work really hard and too many hours. The benefits are cheaper than most companies but have high deductables.

Cons

micro management, too much overtime, too much turn over, very low morale, management likes to give employees empowerment to make decisions then undermines the decisions constantly in all departments. The philosophy is a joke. Was a good company 5-10 years ago.

fire all upper management in Temecula, there are a lot of good hard workers there that are disgusted with all upper management. I would keep the Production manager and HR manager, thats it. The

One of the worst professional experiences of my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My boss (the only strong leader in the management team and he was laid off). The benefits are reasonably good.

Cons

Management is a good old boys club entrenched in the past. Employees are not valued; tenure counts more than talent. Change is poorly implemented, morale is low, departments don't work well together and layoffs have been out of control.

Join the 21st century, listen to your progressive employees instead of clinging to the past. Show some respect for your employees. Find other ways to cut costs rather than laying off people in a cold and callous manner.

The company seems to care about their employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

The company had a good philosophy mantra

Cons

The company has gone through some downsizing and I hope they improve on employee communication

Listen to your employees

Wonderful place to work.

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

Compared to where I have worked in the past, very good team work. A sense of family and we are all in it together vs brutal corporate environment. Great people to work with.

Cons

Difficult past few years with downturn in housing. Pay and benefits have taken a hit.

Once a great place to be. Now just a job.

Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

The people. There are some really good people in the organization. That are the reason that we come to work every day and keep making the effort while we wait for market conditions to improve.

Cons

As others have said, directionless. Cost cutting is not a strategy. After so many rounds of cost cutting and "right sizings" moral is in the pits and everyone is pretty much on edge all the time waiting for the axe to fall on them. We are no longer playing to win, we are just playing to delay losing for as long as possible.

Give us something to believe in. Give us a positive mission and support it for more than six months. We are all getting a bit tired of the too frequent changes in direction - we get 80% of the way to our goal and then the goal is changed and we sprint off on another mad dash to nowhere.

Milgard cares about their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

Milgard treats their employees fairly and provides a chance to grow with the company. They are concerned about safety and build a quality product with great service.

Cons

Slowdown in the building sector has created the need for creative ideas to provide qualtiy products at competitive prices. The company has made good buisiness improvements, but in order to keep costs down, many positions have been lost.

Fast paced

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

great people
    great company philosophy

Cons

CONSTANTLY downsizing. been demoted once due to lay offs BUT I was able to remain employed

Need to have meetings to listen to employee complaints or concerns one on one rather than in a round table fashion.

I met a lot of people that work there from different places, and I enjoy being around them...

Current Employee - Production in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Production in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

The #1 reason I stay is because of all the people I work with, they are great. For the most part, I like what I do...

Cons

The only downside is the raises. {No merit raises or cost of living raises}

Fight harder with Masco to get us our raises. {at least a cost of living raise every year} They raise the price of the windows to pay for the fuel to deliver the windows, so that gives us less business and cuts our hours but we still have to pay the higher fuel costs to get to work. That was just an example for the need for us employees to get the cost of living raise.

Milgard Windows

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Hollister, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Hollister, CA

I worked at Milgard Manufacturing

Pros

Great people! Fair Compensation. Quarterly reviews provide regular feedback to every employee.

Cons

Weak senior management. Politics within the organization are considered sport. Milgard cultivates conflict between employees believing it makes them a better organization.

Top management need to engage with their employees and the industry. There is a radical disconnect between what corporate knows and what is reality at the individual facilities.

Milgard Manufacturing Photos