Millard Refrigerated Services

Millard Refrigerated Services Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2014

Lance Larsen

Fantastic Place to Work!

Team Member (Current Employee)
Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Respect for All Environment, Team Members get recognized for their work, opportunity for advancement. Management team is easy to talk to and the General Manager is one of the best that i have had the pleasure of working for. If I could give him 6 stars I would. He is out on the floor on the forklift and pallet jacks loading and unloading. Knows our team by name. Everyone is always willing to help each other out, great environment!

ConsNo cons at this location, everyone is great

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the respect for all environment, and acknowlegements. All TM appreciate it!

Supervisor Role

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsI was hired on right out of college for a Warehouse Supervisor role. I've learned a ton about management and the supply chain industry as a whole - customer service, storage, transportation, efficiencies. The guys at the warehouse have shown me the ropes and helped me get off the ground. Millard promotes heavily from within and several of my buddies have moved up. We are always picking up new customers so it seems like new positions open up regularly. I would recommend this to new grads who have an interest in supply chain. The training program is on the job and hands on. Everything I've learned in this job can apply to other opportunities in the industry.

ConsThis isn't for everyone, its hard work in a warehouse. You have to earn the respect of other team members - nobody gives you anything. Everyone works hard and as the Supervisor you have to set the example. You have to be open to relocating to any of the facilities within the system so don't expect to be close to home. If you don't feel comfortable managing people, you will hate this job. It takes time. The more experience I've gotten, the easier it has become to lead the team. It can get really busy at times, and you have to be able to role with the speed. This isn't a desk job!

Great job

Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time for more than a year

ProsGood culture, made lots of friends, really enjoyed working there

ConsNothing bad to say, all was good

Great Place to Work!

Omaha, NE

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat team members who I now consider friends! Receive recognition for achievements, I'm never bored -- there's always something for me to do -- They let me improve current processes. Awesome work-life balance - and they let me enjoy my days off

ConsI can't think of any con's...i really do love my job at this company. They have great benefits, they treat me with respect and truly value me as a team member -- which is really important to me.

A Cool Place to Work

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMillard recognizes the value of their team members and has gone above and beyond showing their appreciation for our hard work through giving back over the past several years. RESPECT FOR ALL!!

ConsMore communication when new team members join the company.

A fast growing company with many opportunities.

Omaha, NE

Prosplenty of opportunity and locations to choose from.

ConsThey will work you as much as you are willing to work.

This is a great place to work!!!

Home Office (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

ProsI have worked for the company for more than 10 years and I have enjoyed every bit of it. There are opportunities to grow with the company and it is a fun and friendly place to work.

ConsI do not have anything negative to share about my work experience with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to host Team Member Appreciation Events for the employees. It is a great opportunity for team members to interact with members of other departments as well as Senior Management. Respect for all campaign has been a great asset to the company and I would love to see additional Team Member Appreciation Events in the future.

Great Place to Work

Home Office Team Member (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRespect. It's the culture. Good pay. Good benefits. Nice people.

ConsIt's cold and you need to ok with cold temps.

Millard Refrigerated Services has has given me many opportunities and has gone above and beyond for me and my family.

Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThis company has great benefits, a respectful culture from bottom to top and is always coming out with new and inventive ways to motivate and incentivise the people that work here. The pay is competative, the work is steady and if you do your part, the company actually rewards you for it.

ConsIt is a cold work environment so it takes some getting used to! No company is perfect but Millard has a good feedback program and at least reaches out to team members in finding solutions and answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and thank you for a steady and reliable place to work.

Excellent experience.

General Manager (Current Employee)
Attalla, AL

ProsSuper support. Great culture. Ownership

ConsLacking direction on some things. Collaboration between sales team and Operational team

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more direction on projects. Sales team members must work as a team and not as a competitive group. They should also work with what best fits the facilities. The process for capital projects is too cumbersome and not enough collarboration. Ditch polotics for synergy

Worked for Millard Refrigerated Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Millard Refrigerated Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Millard Refrigerated Services CEO Lance Larsen. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Millard Refrigerated Services employees.