Millard Refrigerated Services

Updated January 2, 2015
Updated January 2, 2015
4.0

Lance Larsen

it was a great experience working for them

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services

Pros

they have great employees and staff

Cons

working is a great experience not slow work at quick pace always on the go

their respectful go trainging

Best warehouse job I have had

Current Employee - General Labor in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - General Labor in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours if you want them
    I can listen to music while I work
    Room to move up in the company
    Easy job compared to other warehouse jobs
    Pays slightly more than other warehouse jobs
    Being in the cold was nice when it was hot in the summer

Cons

There were some bad seeds among the employees. Since they hire people through agency they just about hire anybody which leads to some terrible employees. Luckily the supervisors do notice and they get fired within a few weeks.
    When theirs overtime we get sent to the back of the warehouse to separate bottles. There is no supervision so EVERYBODY takes their godamn time to get as many hours as possible. Since I'd rather go home I would be the only one to try to get it done as soon as possible.
    I got laid off when worked slowed down, even though there were some people that were working there less time, it was obvious that the new girl didn't get fired because the supervisor was trying to get laid.

Very fast-paced but friendly work environment.

Current Employee - Forklift Operator
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay. Usually host a free picnic once a month for employees. Easy advancement as long as you follow the rules.

Cons

Very challenging and difficult job due to the fast pace. Very physically demanding by lifting a couple thousand cases per shift weighing up to 100+ lbs.

Need to be more military friendly. Rules don't seem to be set and stone so they can be swung either way when needed to benefit the company

It's cold in both ways

Former Employee - Lead in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Lead in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the employees and upper management are very helpful, benefits are ok along with being paid weekly.

Cons

Management plays favorites and the respect barrier is very unequal, the training is not adequate enough and can be revised.

pay attention to whats going on behind the scenes and stop scratching the service of things.

Fantastic Place to Work!

Current Employee - Team Member in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Respect for All Environment, Team Members get recognized for their work, opportunity for advancement. Management team is easy to talk to and the General Manager is one of the best that i have had the pleasure of working for. If I could give him 6 stars I would. He is out on the floor on the forklift and pallet jacks loading and unloading. Knows our team by name. Everyone is always willing to help each other out, great environment!

Cons

No cons at this location, everyone is great

Keep up the respect for all environment, and acknowlegements. All TM appreciate it!

Supervisor Role

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

I was hired on right out of college for a Warehouse Supervisor role. I've learned a ton about management and the supply chain industry as a whole - customer service, storage, transportation, efficiencies. The guys at the warehouse have shown me the ropes and helped me get off the ground. Millard promotes heavily from within and several of my buddies have moved up. We are always picking up new customers so it seems like new positions open up regularly. I would recommend this to new grads who have an interest in supply chain. The training program is on the job and hands on. Everything I've learned in this job can apply to other opportunities in the industry.

Cons

This isn't for everyone, its hard work in a warehouse. You have to earn the respect of other team members - nobody gives you anything. Everyone works hard and as the Supervisor you have to set the example. You have to be open to relocating to any of the facilities within the system so don't expect to be close to home. If you don't feel comfortable managing people, you will hate this job. It takes time. The more experience I've gotten, the easier it has become to lead the team. It can get really busy at times, and you have to be able to role with the speed. This isn't a desk job!

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team members who I now consider friends! Receive recognition for achievements, I'm never bored -- there's always something for me to do -- They let me improve current processes. Awesome work-life balance - and they let me enjoy my days off

Cons

I can't think of any con's...i really do love my job at this company. They have great benefits, they treat me with respect and truly value me as a team member -- which is really important to me.

Great job

Former Employee - Clerk in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Clerk in Omaha, NE

I worked at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good culture, made lots of friends, really enjoyed working there

Cons

Nothing bad to say, all was good

This is a great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Home Office in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Home Office in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Millard Refrigerated Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for more than 10 years and I have enjoyed every bit of it. There are opportunities to grow with the company and it is a fun and friendly place to work.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to share about my work experience with this company.

Continue to host Team Member Appreciation Events for the employees. It is a great opportunity for team members to interact with members of other departments as well as Senior Management. Respect for all campaign has been a great asset to the company and I would love to see additional Team Member Appreciation Events in the future.

A Cool Place to Work

Pros

Millard recognizes the value of their team members and has gone above and beyond showing their appreciation for our hard work through giving back over the past several years. RESPECT FOR ALL!!

Cons

More communication when new team members join the company.

Millard Refrigerated Services Photos

Warehouse
Forklifts loading pallets
Forklift moving a pallet of our customer's product

+ Add Photo