Millennium Broadway Hotel

Updated September 1, 2014
1.6

Kathline Pysne
1 Rating

HR was not for the management staff

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Millennium Broadway Hotel full-time

Pros

Had respect from the union staff

Cons

There is no teamwork within department as well as other departments

Difficult, low pay, poor work ethic

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Broadway Hotel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good experience for young professionals as it is a difficult property.

Cons

Lack of professionalism overall; employees are treated very poorly with no appreciation.

Union is VERY difficult to work with.

Turnover for management is very high.

Not enough work.

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Millennium Broadway Hotel part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Staff is nice and knowledgeable.

Cons

Not very organized regarding larger events.

Need a team who can improve how guests view the hotel. I noticed that the rating for this hotel was ill favored.

Easy job with handful of drama and incompetent coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Broadway Hotel

Pros

You will easily be recognized as an expert due to the fact that majority of the employees are below average in terms of performance and knowledge.

Cons

Complete lack of appreciation for employees. Senior management's expectancies are very high with very low salaries and poor benefits.

Company budget is very tight and purchasing is a big challenge as majority of your purchase request above the forecasted budget will be denied.

Be more aware of the concept of proper investment and learn how to appreciate your employees and 'work with' them, not 'rule over' them.

Never Changes

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Millennium Broadway Hotel

Pros

Name looks good on resume (one of only two certified conference center hotels in NYC). Yep, that's about all.

Cons

I worked @ MB a looong time ago - ten yrs, but after reading the post from another sales asst in 2010 I had to post a review bc it seems NOTHING CHANGES. I had the EXACT SAME experience as the sales assistant did ten yrs later - absolutely no training and when you, of course, begin drowning bc you don't even know how the computer system works and are expected to pump out tons of contracts and proposals daily, they huff and puff and then have you pull up a chair behind someone who's just as slammed and clearly annoyed at being watched. Nice.

The best is that after about six weeks they forced me to attend "training" for an entire day - on office safety. Yes, you sit there watching videos on how to properly pick up and put down a box knowing that you're going to have to stay late every day for the next week bc you still don't have any idea how the computer system works and will have dozens of proposals to get out.

I too zoomed out of there in five mths (shortest stay I've ever had @ a job). Apparently this is simply the way it is @ the ol' MB, it's not just a bad set of circumstances.

No advice - they've been doing this for at least ten yrs if not longer, they clearly do not care.

Disorganized Revolving Door

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Millennium Broadway Hotel

Pros

Good name to have on Resume

Cons

Sales dept. didn't have a proper training process so you're essentially asked to just go in and begin without knowing the software or booking/administrative procedures. After asking for guidance they'll begrudingly allow you to watch someone as they work. That doesn't exactly help as the person is insanely busy & wasn't informed that this would even be happening. Staff changes constantly. Thankfully I was out of there in seven mths. as were most of the ppl I started with.

Train your staff.

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Millennium Broadway Hotel

Pros

Comfortable job. Nothing flashy, but not bad either. Pay is decent for mid level HR manager. Long hours not required. Everyone is out the door by 5:30 at the latest. One of the easiest and best paid jobs in the company. Most people within the department are friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Not too challenging. A lot of employee conflicts and drama from other departments have to be handled in Human Resources. A lot of uneducated trashy spanish people work in the hotel and they love to go around making trouble. Very difficult to deal with them if you are not spanish.

Some administrative assistants get paid more than the HR people. That was always very strange.