Millennium Engineering and Integration Company

T. Trase Travers
1 Rating

New Management Change but Growing Company

I worked at Millennium Engineering and Integration Company

Pros

- A decent company in general.
    -Excellent benefits - even better then the big aerospace giants
    -Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) given to all employees on a vested basis. It's worth a nice chunk of change after 5 year vesting.
    -Company used to be big on training and personal development - less so now but opportunities exist.
    -They will generally work with placing you on a contract you are interested in - provided it exists.
    -Company is set to really grow from a small to medium size company. Great if you have an ESOP. Chance are they will be swallowed by an aerospace behemoth when the execs decide to cash in, but for now its still a small company.

Cons

-Management recently changed after a company merger. Less "family oriented" and a lot cheaper then it used to be, but they are otherwise competent.
    - If your contract is threatened or falls apart, be prepared to jump ship if necessary. HR is less then stellar at finding new work.

Keep the lines of communication open when individual's contracts are threatened. Focus on HR. Keep the company employee owned if possible. Its motivating!

Those in decision making positions are clueless about the company environment

Former Employee - An Employee
    Former Employee - An Employee

I worked at Millennium Engineering and Integration Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are still some great hard working and well respected employees left at MEI and they are MEI's real assets. There is one who is in a "leadership" position.
    It is a pay check with benefits and sometimes awards.

Cons

If you are looking for a team environment, this isn't it.
    MEI Leadership (supervisors, VPs, all the way to the top) is aloof. It appears truly disinterested in their employees' accomplishments, behavior, goals, values, family life, personal development, etc.
    Hard working, well respected employees are ignored, overlooked, pushed out, or finally leave. Opportunities tend toward buddies, special friends and family members.
    Opportunities promised rarely come to fruition, even though an employee's accomplishments do.
    Non-leadership employees who are not on a contract or part of business development are particularly thought of and treated as non-contributors and only a drain on the company's bottom line.

There is a big difference between a leader and a self promoter. A leader has integrity; is selfless (about the team not themselves); is interested in every team member; supports; has the wisdom to know the team's success depends on each members' ability to achieve their respective tasks thereby contributing to the overall goals and vision of the team; a leader wants to be and is involved with the members of their team, thus, knowing what is going on within the team; a leader is approachable; keeps the lines of communication open; a leader knows how to inspire; has the guts to self critique and to take criticism then make changes where needed; leaders expect the best in themselves and in others, remembering everyone is human; a leader knows how to effectively administrate to cover their weaknesses; and a leader is given authority and must take responsibility.

MEI has an affinity to reorganize in attempts to improve the bottom line. The one constant in this process is the characteristics of those placed in leadership positions. Try changing the characteristics of the people in the leadership positions or replace those people to enable MEI to know what is really going on within the company to make appropriate changes for improvement .

Did you get my email?

Current Employee - M&S Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - M&S Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Millennium Engineering and Integration Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They offered me a job that seemed cool - so maybe there is potential for awesome work, here. But I just never got to do it.

Cons

I send emails a lot, especially to make a "paper trail" on important things. I have never worked for a company that is worse at answering emails. All the way from HR, through all levels of management, right down to my actual day-to-day coworkers - they do not respond to emails. On a different note - I honestly feel like the company is holding me back from advancing my career. Won't give details on that, but there were enough independent instances of situations that this is how I feel.

For starters, train ALL employees how to answer an email. It takes all of two minutes, and it is my biggest reason for wanting out of this company. Also, don't hire someone, then hold them back from advancing their career.

Makre sure you on on a contract

I have been working at Millennium Engineering and Integration Company

Pros

The benefits and work life support in great.

Cons

If you are not on a contract , look out. I've seen many people let go and no real help in placement from the company.

Take care of your employees as you have been and offer more assistance in placing them within the company should a contract ne terminated.