Millennium Health

Customer Support Specialist

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at Millennium Health

Pros

Supportive and encouraging upper management like nowhere I've ever been
    Changing lives day by day

Cons

Millennium has no cons, best ever.

Keep up the great work!

MH is on a downward trend. All about $$$. Not a lot of incentives to stay! Beware!

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time

Pros

Employees are some of the best to work with!

Rate is competitive (for now).

Cons

New supervisor implemented new policies that seem to change all the time. Backed by management. Likes to threaten employees and at one point told them that they're replaceable. Shifts are constantly changing. Possibility of a Wed-Sun shift after the holidays (which was recently overturned! Hmmm... I wonder why?) There's a lot of communication and trust issues. Morale is WAY LOW. A lot of people are on edge lately, some quit and others have started to look for other jobs.

Benefits used to be one of the best. Now it seems like it's being reduced one after the other.

No more pay raises! Only a one-time bonus/year. Shift differential starts from 9pm-4am.

Advice: Stay away from MH!

Listen to your employees! We are people too! Sometimes the OLD way to do things is the BEST way.

I have been working at Millennium Health

Pros

Benefits! No complaints here. The people (Employees) are awesome. Hard working and knowledgeable.

Cons

Since acquiring new leaders, the feeling of trust and unity that Mr. Slattery (Owner and Founder) instilled in the Millennium culture has completely been disregarded and no longer exists. Having been here for 5 years I've seen Millennium Health grow from a company that started with a sample volume of just over 100 to over 11,500 per day. I feel the new management is more interested in how much revenue they can achieve. I understand that it is a business and they have to fulfill the needs of their clients, however, they're completely disregarding the needs of their employees. Changes in employee shifts, titles, salary and schedules have made it very difficult to achieve a healthy work and life balance. And yes they have made it perfectly clear that we are all easily replaceable.

Listen to your employees! Millennium Health is successful because of our hard work and commitment we promised to Mr Slattery. Please find a balance between satisfying both your clients and employees.

"You are all easily replaceable"

I worked at Millennium Health full-time

Pros

Good pay considering the mundane tasks that we were doing

Cons

Complete absence of growth potential for anybody not in the inner circle.
    Very short notice for wild shifts in scheduling (~10 hour difference)
    Intimidation tactics for anyone who decides to speak up
    Encouraged to cover up laboratory errors
    Pushing CLS's to release results before being sure that they're even analyzing the correct samples!
    An entire team being told that they were easily replaceable during a meeting on multiple occasions

Your company is suffering because you expanded so quickly and filled all of the middle management positions with Yes-men. Your employees work hard for you. The least you could do is show them some respect.

The majority of middle management needs to be cleared out.

No opportunity for growth and opressive mid-level managment makes it hard to stay

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay
    Amazing benefits
    New upper-management seems very trust worthy

Cons

No room for personal/career growth
    The best workers do not get rewarded for their accomplishments which leads them to find somewhere else they will be appreciated.
    Mid-level management has no idea how to lead or what is going on. It is very frustrating to watch them slide by while everyone else is struggling to meet their absurd expectations.
    Tend to make terrible hiring choices and are too embarrassed to admit it so they just let it go until something terrible happens or the bad choices quit and move on.
    The company culture used to be amazing, but now its really in a rut. They are trying to turn things back to how they were, but they cant. Just need to move on and create a company culture that is good in a different way.

Please hire competent people. Please hire management who are willing and capable to learn what is going on in their department. Please hire management who can lead.

A lot of potential to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Billing Department in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Billing Department in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company
    Lots of room for career growth
    Great Benefits
    Encourages community involvement
    Great staff
    Encourages personal development

Cons

Senior leadership can't get along and displays this behavior in front of subordinates and vendors. Clear direction not always given so it is hard to live up to expectations no matter how hard you try.

Executives need to trust the advice provided by billing department heads. They bring many years of experience to the table and know what they are doing.

Good until the new CEO and COO changed everything to fit their needs

Former Employee - Specimen Resolution in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Former Employee - Specimen Resolution in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great here

Cons

The management is self serving

Listen to the people who actually do the job, and not statistics and figures

Disorganized and Not Fulfilling

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I made friendships with most people in my department and gained experience.

Cons

I would have liked to stay but there was no growth opportunity. Many of us were hired with the promise of being able to work in the lab, and it never happened despite our commitment and perseverance. My boss harassed new hires and most quit within the first day or two. This individual was reported to HR multiple times and nothing was done to correct the issue. Overtime became mandatory, causing a horrible work life balance. The sick policy was atrocious; we received five sick days a year or "unplanned PTO". If you took a day off management would probe you about it and discourage it from happening again. We were encouraged to work even if we could only contribute 50% for the day. Many workers came in with the flu or other illnesses and would work wearing nurses masks or gloves. Time off was strongly discouraged. Management was disorganized and changed their policies frequently.

It seems like your goal is to sell the company to big pharma. In the meantime, take better care of your employees. They are good folk who deserve better. Your only selling point to potential employees is your reasonable healthcare policy, otherwise ML should be ashamed and needs to strive to provide a good environment in all departments.

Ok

Current Employee - Claim Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Claim Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance, it can be ok

Cons

Favoritism by management too much

At the end there is no support

I worked at Millennium Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Was close to home. good hours. Fast growing.

Cons

They encourage moving to other departments but when you try you are decimated and made an example of and makes the other employees fearful of trying or saying anything. Lots of new executives all at once and does not see what is happening.

Need to review and research more of what an employee is stating. When someone has good standing and reputation then is moved and starts having issues should be a red flag of something going on. Should follow through on both sides not a one sided of any situation