Want a Free Job Posting?

• Any Status

Millennium Biltmore revolving door

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

They are finally starting to renovate the hotel a little now that most all of the other four star hotels in downtown Los Angeles have been completed renovated or have just been built within the last few years. A lot of line level employees have been here for many years and really care about the hotel. However, many are not very happy but can not afford to leave. The hotel lobby and banquet rooms are beautiful.

The owners do not seem to care very much about the managers. Their have been five general mangers in the last five years and in the sales department where I work, we have had five different directors of sales in the last four years. so many managers come and go in six months to a year. I have been at the hotel for three years and have accepted a new job and will be leaving soon. I feel sorry for our new Sales Director - he works so hard and is not appreciated. We have not had a general manger for five months now and the owners don't seem to care very much.

Advice to Management

I am not very sure that they will listen. We have lost so much business in the last year compared to the other hotels in L.A. Groups and meeting planners do not like the hotel any more do to the fact that management changes happen every six months and the hotel guest rooms are in dire need of renovation. The staff moral is very poor

Showing 1 of 4 review