Millennium Hotels and Resorts

Be The First To
Add Photos

stuck in the stone ages

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

Pros-Meeting new people that come to visit Nashville
    -Colleagues
    -Benefits are just OK

Cons-Pathetic management (upper and mid-level)
    -Office politics
    -No growth unless upper management either brought you on board - or you possess mind controlling powers
    -Salary (raise is given once a year-if at all, of 3%)

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate CEO/President: If you truly want to know how this hotel is managed-make a UN-ANNOUNCED surprise visit and don't announce yourself. You will be shocked!
    Upper Management aka EOC: Reward the employees that are honest hard working loyal team players. Stop listening to only what you want to hear and come out of your offices to speak to front line employees. HR is the last place to go to discuss any issue.
    Mid-level: I want to offer advice: Learn how what is required of your staff members...and perform half of those responsibilities for one day! Quick to discipline but slow to know what your staff's workload consist of on a daily basis. It is unrealistic to expect your staff to respect a boss that refuses to help out when needed....

Amazing staff all round the place

Hotelier (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsGreat place to work in the owner is so cool

ConsLow and mid levels of staff are not well taken care off, a lot of racism is in the company which supports Arabs , in some departments there are more managers that are not needed than staff

Advice to Senior ManagementEquality to all staff and in the recruitment policy racism is rife in the company

Millennium Biltmore revolving door

Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey are finally starting to renovate the hotel a little now that most all of the other four star hotels in downtown Los Angeles have been completed renovated or have just been built within the last few years. A lot of line level employees have been here for many years and really care about the hotel. However, many are not very happy but can not afford to leave. The hotel lobby and banquet rooms are beautiful.

ConsThe owners do not seem to care very much about the managers. Their have been five general mangers in the last five years and in the sales department where I work, we have had five different directors of sales in the last four years. so many managers come and go in six months to a year. I have been at the hotel for three years and have accepted a new job and will be leaving soon. I feel sorry for our new Sales Director - he works so hard and is not appreciated. We have not had a general manger for five months now and the owners don't seem to care very much.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not very sure that they will listen. We have lost so much business in the last year compared to the other hotels in L.A. Groups and meeting planners do not like the hotel any more do to the fact that management changes happen every six months and the hotel guest rooms are in dire need of renovation. The staff moral is very poor

Worked for Millennium Hotels and Resorts? Contribute to the Community!