Millennium Information Services

Updated July 10, 2014
Updated July 10, 2014
2.3

CEO

I have been a field inspector for 7 years.

Current Employee - Field Inspector  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Field Inspector in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Millennium Information Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

I like the flexibilty fo schedule my week. I can make my own schedule based on the volume of work assigned. I meet some great people in the field while performing interior inspections. Because of the superior training that I have received over the years, I have been able to expand my business and work with other inspection companies. They offer on-going training during all times of the days which makes it convenient for us in the field. My manager has been an inspector herself so she understands our needs and what we go through on a daily basis. She communicates any upcoming changes as soon as possible.

Cons

Since I live in Florida, we have to deal with extreme heat. Wear and tear on our vehicles. Difficult at times to make appointments with customers.

Conduct focus groups with the inspectors, Millenium supervisors and insurance agents or representatives from the various insurance agencies. I don't think many of the agents understand our responsibilities in the field.

Millennium Information Services Response

Jul 9, 2014Recruiter

Thank you for your review and feedback. The flexibility to schedule your week and make your own schedule is definitely an asset in this industry. I am glad that our training department has been a ... More

minimum wage job

I have been working at Millennium Information Services for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros about working here

Cons

The Orlando guy must work alot of cases to cover expenses and live off minimum wage. To cover car expenses,taxes, health insurance and feed your family you would need to work 7+ days a week! The pay doesn't fit what they are asking for. For new people that want to do this you need to open a business bank account,create a corporation name,camera and good computer. Approx $700.00+ start up monies needed.

Company that takes care of its employees.

Current Employee - FQC  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - FQC in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with this company a little over 2 years and was just promoted to a full time employee position as an FQC from a Field Inspector. Being an Inspector afforded me the proper training that I needed to have to further my career with Millennium. The Help Desk they have implemented just gets better and better and is critical in getting your cases done expeditiously and correct when you submit them.

Cons

I wouldn't say it is a con but the drive times can be lengthy. Plus, I like to travel.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you want to make $4 an hour, go for it

Current Employee - Field Inspector  in  Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Field Inspector in Billings, MT

I have been working at Millennium Information Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Death. Death is better. Or even panhandling.

Cons

Where to begin? They pay pathetic rates per inspection and the paperwork and forms in not commensurate with this pay. They wonder why cases wait for days past due but they don't sweeten the deal with trip fundage. I often wonder how many people would drive 100 miles round trip for $15 then I realize..... idiots DO still work for this company!

I am not going to bother since you geniuses know it all. I doubt any of you have done any field work or especially field work after gas hit $3.50 a gallon.

Pathetic

I have been working at Millennium Information Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro would be being self employed, other then that????

Cons

Inspectors are treated like slaves. Most managers have no idea what it takes to do an inspection and what the cost of driving is these days. One regional manager has never run an inspection in her life and her bosses find it acceptable for her to dictate how work should be run, who should get the work, how fast and where they need to work. Home office is run by narcissistic renegades. The only way to get promoted is if you are related to someone. No pay raises for inspectors no matter how long you have worked for them. Time service requirements keep dropping so the managers can earn more bonus money at the expense of the inspectors. I lost a great manager, who actually would work in the field, because he did not agree with the management style of these people so he left after 6 years. Their loss, some other companies gain. All I can say is these people have no empathy, no loyalty, no compassion and certainly no understanding for the inspectors.

Find and keep the managers who understand inspectors and the trials we go through. Give pay increases for work well done instead of trying to pocket every last penny. Inspectors are what built your company and should not be used and abused at your whim.

I enjoy working for Millennium for several reasons. It is very different than working as an independent contractor.

Current Employee - Field Inspector  in  Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Field Inspector in Bossier City, LA

Pros

Millennium has an excellent training program. The company invests the time to properly train new employees. They feel it is important for employees to have the knowledge and resources needed to be successful. As a new Field Quality Consultant, I received online and hands on training in the field. There are also ongoing training programs for continuous improvement and to provide the information needed to do our best.

I like Millennium because of the support they provide employees every day. We are out in the field and sometimes you encounter the unexpected. When I am out in the field and have a business need, I know I will receive the support or assistance to meet the need. I have immediate access to management, other colleagues, or the help desk. I never have to feel that I am on an island

I like the team environment at Millennium. My manager and other employees are very helpful and make you immediately feel a part of the team. They followed up with me to make sure I have everything I need to do my job. I have never worked for a company where all employees work together to help each other. It is refreshing and promotes a positive and successful work environment

The benefits are good at Millennium. We are fortunate to work for an outstanding employee oriented and supportive company. I am proud to be a part of the Millennium team.

Cons

Everything is good with Millennium, they just need to provide a credit card for travel expenses,so we don't have to use our money, until we get reimburse.

I think they should provide a credit card for traveling expenses in the future.

Upper management has narcissistic bi-polar inspector haters

Former Employee - Field Inspector  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Field Inspector in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Millennium Information Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Only if you are into self punishment

Cons

They are losing the best state managers at a rapid pace, because their boss is a narcissist & an egomaniac, whose answer always is..."fire that inspector". That individual has no patience with the lifeblood of the company, which is the man or woman who goes into the field, and does the job. Without inspectors, there is no Millenium. But, when upper management only cares about THEIR bottom line, and THEIR income, the guy on the bottom will always suffer. I heard that at one time, it was a great place to work. Now, I wouldn't recommend this outfit to my worst enemy.

Get rid of the bi polar fools who are taking you down. Get rid of the liars. Well, that might create a vacuum of power.

High value residential inspector

Former Employee - Appointment Residential Inspector  in  North Metro, GA
    Former Employee - Appointment Residential Inspector in North Metro, GA

I worked at Millennium Information Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Not Many. Inspect interior of many nice residences. Good "help desk" with go to meeting. However, the leaders "HELPING" sometimes didn't get it and bad advise given to indiviual who don't know any better. Paid via direct payment twice monthly

Cons

Report reviewers located in Chicago-land had an attitude that they knew more about residential construction 100's of miles away from photos. Then the individuals who were actually there. . No actual phone contact with reviewers only email, who ended up having last word which maybe incorrect. More concerned with hitting the agents replacement cost then being accurate. Management brags about how many properties they have done, but most are one story rancher/double wide trailers.

Get out of the office and actually PRACTICE what you preach, via inspecting and measuring residential properties bigger then a double wide trailerl. Take the classess and up dates, offered by cost scheduling companies. Consider drive time when criticizing "turn around time"

Literally the best company I have ever worked for...

I have been working at Millennium Information Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a contractor, Millennium has been a customer of mine for several years. I’ve never had any issues with receiving plenty of work, payment for orders completed, payment for agreed runs nor have I been told things that were not true or exaggerated.
    I owned a Real Estate Title company for 14 years prior to completing insurance inspections and have dealt with shady, fly by night companies that wanted to play games and not pay for services rendered. I have a good working knowledge of shadowy businesses and truth stretching salesmen and I am familiar with all the tell-tale signs. Millennium is one of my best customers and I enjoy having them on my books.

Cons

Millennium's fee rate is competitive and only slightly lower than what other similar companies offer but... none of the other companies I have ever worked for have the training, continuing education, and help sessions scheduled 4 to 6 per day that Millennium offers. It is a trade off because technology and knowledgeable training staff are not cheap. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can either have the training to be able to do the best job you can or you can have the higher fees and be stuck doing everything on your own without any help when you need it.
    People that complain about the fees clearly have no understanding about diversifying their services and supplementing their income with other companies to work for nor have they demonstrated knowledge of how to make it work for them. They spend more time tripping over dollars worrying about pennies.

Large projects ongoing and internal corporate demands sometimes dictate the attention of the field managers be directed to fulfilling more pressing concerns but there must be a balance when it comes to addressing an expressed concern by a member of the field staff. But conversely, the managers can't be expected to baby sit their field staff either.

Very low pay for professional low will work.

Former Employee - Field Inspector  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Inspector in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Millennium Information Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

As an independent contractor, one has a certain flexibility of work schedule.

Cons

Payment rates not based on reality a working conditions or they just pay so poorly because they can. I think it is a tradition of the insurance industry to be very one-sided, paying out as little as possible while taking in as much as possible.

I have never understood a company policy of "Use and abuse personnel to the maximum", let them get upset and quit and spend huge amounts of time and money retraining new personnel on a constantly rotating basis.

They talk a good game about potential incomes that are unrealistic and not based on local working conditions. Far distant, remote management doesn't really work that well since the manager has no reality on the time and fuel it takes to travel around the local area. It seems that their pay rates are based on densely populated urban areas and do not really take into account the local conditions.

Worked for Millennium Information Services? Contribute to the Community!