Millennium Information Services

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

I have been a field inspector for 7 years.

Field Inspector (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI like the flexibilty fo schedule my week. I can make my own schedule based on the volume of work assigned. I meet some great people in the field while performing interior inspections. Because of the superior training that I have received over the years, I have been able to expand my business and work with other inspection companies. They offer on-going training during all times of the days which makes it convenient for us in the field. My manager has been an inspector herself so she understands our needs and what we go through on a daily basis. She communicates any upcoming changes as soon as possible.

ConsSince I live in Florida, we have to deal with extreme heat. Wear and tear on our vehicles. Difficult at times to make appointments with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct focus groups with the inspectors, Millenium supervisors and insurance agents or representatives from the various insurance agencies. I don't think many of the agents understand our responsibilities in the field.

Millennium Information Services Recruiter responded to this review

Jul 9, 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback. The flexibility to schedule your week and make your own schedule is definitely an asset in this industry. I am glad that our training department has been a ... More

minimum wage job

ProsThere are no pros about working here

ConsThe Orlando guy must work alot of cases to cover expenses and live off minimum wage. To cover car expenses,taxes, health insurance and feed your family you would need to work 7+ days a week! The pay doesn't fit what they are asking for. For new people that want to do this you need to open a business bank account,create a corporation name,camera and good computer. Approx $700.00+ start up monies needed.

Company that takes care of its employees.

FQC (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsI have been with this company a little over 2 years and was just promoted to a full time employee position as an FQC from a Field Inspector. Being an Inspector afforded me the proper training that I needed to have to further my career with Millennium. The Help Desk they have implemented just gets better and better and is critical in getting your cases done expeditiously and correct when you submit them.

ConsI wouldn't say it is a con but the drive times can be lengthy. Plus, I like to travel.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you want to make $4 an hour, go for it

Field Inspector (Current Employee) Billings, MT

ProsDeath. Death is better. Or even panhandling.

ConsWhere to begin? They pay pathetic rates per inspection and the paperwork and forms in not commensurate with this pay. They wonder why cases wait for days past due but they don't sweeten the deal with trip fundage. I often wonder how many people would drive 100 miles round trip for $15 then I realize..... idiots DO still work for this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not going to bother since you geniuses know it all. I doubt any of you have done any field work or especially field work after gas hit $3.50 a gallon.

Pathetic

ProsThe only pro would be being self employed, other then that????

ConsInspectors are treated like slaves. Most managers have no idea what it takes to do an inspection and what the cost of driving is these days. One regional manager has never run an inspection in her life and her bosses find it acceptable for her to dictate how work should be run, who should get the work, how fast and where they need to work. Home office is run by narcissistic renegades. The only way to get promoted is if you are related to someone. No pay raises for inspectors no matter how long you have worked for them. Time service requirements keep dropping so the managers can earn more bonus money at the expense of the inspectors. I lost a great manager, who actually would work in the field, because he did not agree with the management style of these people so he left after 6 years. Their loss, some other companies gain. All I can say is these people have no empathy, no loyalty, no compassion and certainly no understanding for the inspectors.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind and keep the managers who understand inspectors and the trials we go through. Give pay increases for work well done instead of trying to pocket every last penny. Inspectors are what built your company and should not be used and abused at your whim.

I enjoy working for Millennium for several reasons. It is very different than working as an independent contractor.

Field Inspector (Current Employee) Bossier City, LA

ProsMillennium has an excellent training program. The company invests the time to properly train new employees. They feel it is important for employees to have the knowledge and resources needed to be successful. As a new Field Quality Consultant, I received online and hands on training in the field. There are also ongoing training programs for continuous improvement and to provide the information needed to do our best.

I like Millennium because of the support they provide employees every day. We are out in the field and sometimes you encounter the unexpected. When I am out in the field and have a business need, I know I will receive the support or assistance to meet the need. I have immediate access to management, other colleagues, or the help desk. I never have to feel that I am on an island

I like the team environment at Millennium. My manager and other employees are very helpful and make you immediately feel a part of the team. They followed up with me to make sure I have everything I need to do my job. I have never worked for a company where all employees work together to help each other. It is refreshing and promotes a positive and successful work environment

The benefits are good at Millennium. We are fortunate to work for an outstanding employee oriented and supportive company. I am proud to be a part of the Millennium team.

ConsEverything is good with Millennium, they just need to provide a credit card for travel expenses,so we don't have to use our money, until we get reimburse.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they should provide a credit card for traveling expenses in the future.

Literally the best company I have ever worked for...

ProsAs a contractor, Millennium has been a customer of mine for several years. I’ve never had any issues with receiving plenty of work, payment for orders completed, payment for agreed runs nor have I been told things that were not true or exaggerated.
    I owned a Real Estate Title company for 14 years prior to completing insurance inspections and have dealt with shady, fly by night companies that wanted to play games and not pay for services rendered. I have a good working knowledge of shadowy businesses and truth stretching salesmen and I am familiar with all the tell-tale signs. Millennium is one of my best customers and I enjoy having them on my books.

ConsMillennium's fee rate is competitive and only slightly lower than what other similar companies offer but... none of the other companies I have ever worked for have the training, continuing education, and help sessions scheduled 4 to 6 per day that Millennium offers. It is a trade off because technology and knowledgeable training staff are not cheap. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can either have the training to be able to do the best job you can or you can have the higher fees and be stuck doing everything on your own without any help when you need it.
    People that complain about the fees clearly have no understanding about diversifying their services and supplementing their income with other companies to work for nor have they demonstrated knowledge of how to make it work for them. They spend more time tripping over dollars worrying about pennies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLarge projects ongoing and internal corporate demands sometimes dictate the attention of the field managers be directed to fulfilling more pressing concerns but there must be a balance when it comes to addressing an expressed concern by a member of the field staff. But conversely, the managers can't be expected to baby sit their field staff either.

Upper management has narcissistic bi-polar inspector haters

Field Inspector (Former Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsOnly if you are into self punishment

ConsThey are losing the best state managers at a rapid pace, because their boss is a narcissist & an egomaniac, whose answer always is..."fire that inspector". That individual has no patience with the lifeblood of the company, which is the man or woman who goes into the field, and does the job. Without inspectors, there is no Millenium. But, when upper management only cares about THEIR bottom line, and THEIR income, the guy on the bottom will always suffer. I heard that at one time, it was a great place to work. Now, I wouldn't recommend this outfit to my worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bi polar fools who are taking you down. Get rid of the liars. Well, that might create a vacuum of power.

High value residential inspector

Appointment Residential Inspector (Former Employee) North Metro, GA

ProsNot Many. Inspect interior of many nice residences. Good "help desk" with go to meeting. However, the leaders "HELPING" sometimes didn't get it and bad advise given to indiviual who don't know any better. Paid via direct payment twice monthly

ConsReport reviewers located in Chicago-land had an attitude that they knew more about residential construction 100's of miles away from photos. Then the individuals who were actually there. . No actual phone contact with reviewers only email, who ended up having last word which maybe incorrect. More concerned with hitting the agents replacement cost then being accurate. Management brags about how many properties they have done, but most are one story rancher/double wide trailers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the office and actually PRACTICE what you preach, via inspecting and measuring residential properties bigger then a double wide trailerl. Take the classess and up dates, offered by cost scheduling companies. Consider drive time when criticizing "turn around time"

Great opportunity for extra cash!

ProsThe organization that Millennium provides, as well as the tools to complete your work, are fantastic and continually improving. Each year there are new enhancements to the system, as well as the security of the information, which benefits the company, as well as the surveyors. Our account managers are constantly on the move to get more business for us. As we all know, more business equates to more money, and that is why we are all in it. Even though money is a major factor for all, Millennium also provides unmatched customer service, is detail oriented, and complete work in a timely manner. We have a top notch training department; unfortunately many companies tend to forgo training, which is a major mistake, in my opinion. Finally, we have a review department that is fantastic in catching any mistakes, before the case reaches the client. I truly believe these factors are why we have the client volume that we do. I work with some of the most top notch people; coworkers and surveyors both.

ConsThere are always cons to any job. I honesty, don’t have any real issues. In fact I am grateful to Millennium for giving me the opportunity to become part of a company to be proud of. I have heard past surveyors complain regarding the work load, which can be heavy at times. Unfortunately, those are the ones that don’t really want to work, it seems. There is an awful lot of required information in the field; however it can be obtained in a timely fashion if a system is developed by the surveyor. Those that take the time to get the information in a timely manner, and that have great communication skills, are the ones that will prosper in this company. I find that most cons can be overcome with a good work ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to nurture the clients, in order to grow the business for Millennium. We are going in a very positive direction right now. Also, continue to hire surveyors that are as dedicated as so many of ours are.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Millennium Information Services? Contribute to the Community!