Millennium Labs

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brock Hardaway

A challenging and rewarding job that offers a fast-paced environment in a young and rapidly growing company.

Rancho Bernardo, CA

ProsFamily-oriented culture of teamwork and coordinated efforts. Creativity and feedback from employees is encouraged. Continual growth, great potential for upward mobility and lateral moves. Executive team is visible, very approachable and down-to-earth. It is not uncommon to see them walking through the buildings and labs, and chatting with all levels of staff. Competitive salaries. Company pays 100% of the premiums for life/medical/dental/vision insurances.

ConsSome departments work extended hours/overtime, which hourly employees may or may not welcome. Management positions may require 50+ hours per week. Work/life balance may not suit everyone. Paid vacation/holiday/sick time is not very generous.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate the paid vacation/holiday/sick time.

Be careful

ProsFast paced, always changing

ConsNever know what to expect

Advice to Senior ManagementStop saying you are thinking of the company and start showing it. We are on a hiring freeze and promotion freeze but people are dropping like flies by the day. Get it together.

Poor Management and lack of leadership

San Diego, CA

ProsHealth benefit is good. Break room is large like a school cafeteria. Good ameneties.

ConsMicro manage, poor leadership, horrible billing system, favorites, stress @ 100%. No pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorst management that I ever worked under. I will not recommend this employer to my friends.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing to fast for its in house revenue department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Co workers - good benefits- good values from owner upper executives.

ConsI worked with a small department that is know for being a click. Big mistake only way out is to leave. No one is left no way is going to be broken up. No support for anyone outside the click.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould keep an open mind communicate, and better organization skills.

A Large Company That Doesn't Know It

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsMy peers were some of the best people that I have worked with.

You are supporting a very good cause through your work.

Medical coverage is good , if you have a few thousand dollars in your savings account.

Free water in the break room.

A great place for entry-level and Junior level professionals to learn the ropes. If you don't mind working with 6 year old technology.

ConsMotivation through shaming was commonplace. Not by management, but by people who fancy themselves as management. And this behavior is tolerated by actual management.

Creativity, and problem solving can get you into trouble. Very specific solutions and implementations are dictated, often by people who have never done the job you are trying to do, You will be reminded that you are not allowed to make decisions. Both directly, and indirectly.

Project management is poor. It's not that the Project Managers do a bad job. It's that they have no authority, and outside influences often prevented success. Warnings of impending failure were commonly ignored. Or got you uninvited to status meetings.

I imagine that most people spent their time with their head down and their mouth shut, just trying to get through the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt takes more to valuing employee contributions than hanging a Suggestion Box in the break room.

You will go a long way by treating the employees how you want to be treated. Both in terms of information sharing, and pinching pennies in non-executive buildings and resources.

Hire good people and then trust them to do their job. I saw that written somewhere as part of a mission statement or training guide or something, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Micro Management is shunned but still thrives in Billing

Billing Department (Current Employee)
    Rancho Bernardo, CA

ProsBetter than average benefits, up to date technology, executive management strives to keep family oriented environment set forth by owner and founder, company does as much for employees morale more than I've seen with other employers

ConsBilling department is very micro managed, this part of the industry is cutthroat, but I've been treated more of an adult at my previous jobs. In this department prepare to be baby sat. Management likes to pick on the weaker links as leverage, more like bullying. HR is not great at recognizing actual talent for interdepartmental transfer, you are more likely to be shutdown than given a fighting chance to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake complaints from employees more seriously before you have a suit for harassment.

Not enough training of the new staff in data entry which caused numerous mistakes in claims being paid.

Night Time Billing Supervisor (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGreat pay, nice secure building and the love dogs

Consmicro-management system with managers and supervisors who had no clue in billing.

Fast paced company with lots of growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLucrative industry and great benefits. There are a lot of growing opportunities within each department.

ConsNo organization within each department.

Lacking Leadership

ProsEmployees are passionate, creative and hungry for respect, autonomy and the ability to express their ideas and contribute to the overall success of the Company.

ConsLeadership is greatly lacking in the departments with the highest volumes of employees. There is also a high level of unprofessionalism, immaturiy in the management teams and lack of compassion for their employees. In addition there is an excessive amount of micromanagement taking place. Many Managers/Supervisors throughout the organization do not delegate to, trust/respect and/or Mentor/challenge their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been an employee at Millennium for a couple years and I am saddened by the changes/decisions newer middle and frontline managers/supervisors are making. This has taken several departments off course and impacted many employees negatively. Please set expectations for your managers/supervisors and give them the tools they need to be successful or this company will continue to lose really amazing talent.

Company has potential

San Diego, CA

ProsCompany has good benefits, they are growing very fast. Many, many nice people work hard to make thing better.

ConsOperating like there is 10 employees instead of 1200. Members of upper management manage by intimidation; foul language is used often by upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an on-going class or seminar on how to be respectful. Because your paychecks are fat does not give you the right to be disrespectful to employees.

Worked for Millennium Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Millennium Labs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Millennium Labs CEO Brock Hardaway. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Millennium Labs employees.