Millennium Labs

Millennium Labs Reviews

Updated August 23, 2014
Updated August 23, 2014

Brock Hardaway

A lot of potential to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Billing Department in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Billing Department in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company
    Lots of room for career growth
    Great Benefits
    Encourages community involvement
    Great staff
    Encourages personal development

Cons

Senior leadership can't get along and displays this behavior in front of subordinates and vendors. Clear direction not always given so it is hard to live up to expectations no matter how hard you try.

Executives need to trust the advice provided by billing department heads. They bring many years of experience to the table and know what they are doing.

Good until the new CEO and COO changed everything to fit their needs

Former Employee - Specimen Resolution in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Former Employee - Specimen Resolution in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I worked at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great here

Cons

The management is self serving

Listen to the people who actually do the job, and not statistics and figures

Disorganized and Not Fulfilling

I worked at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I made friendships with most people in my department and gained experience.

Cons

I would have liked to stay but there was no growth opportunity. Many of us were hired with the promise of being able to work in the lab, and it never happened despite our commitment and perseverance. My boss harassed new hires and most quit within the first day or two. This individual was reported to HR multiple times and nothing was done to correct the issue. Overtime became mandatory, causing a horrible work life balance. The sick policy was atrocious; we received five sick days a year or "unplanned PTO". If you took a day off management would probe you about it and discourage it from happening again. We were encouraged to work even if we could only contribute 50% for the day. Many workers came in with the flu or other illnesses and would work wearing nurses masks or gloves. Time off was strongly discouraged. Management was disorganized and changed their policies frequently.

It seems like your goal is to sell the company to big pharma. In the meantime, take better care of your employees. They are good folk who deserve better. Your only selling point to potential employees is your reasonable healthcare policy, otherwise ML should be ashamed and needs to strive to provide a good environment in all departments.

Ok

Current Employee - Claim Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Claim Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance, it can be ok

Cons

Favoritism by management too much

At the end there is no support

I worked at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Was close to home. good hours. Fast growing.

Cons

They encourage moving to other departments but when you try you are decimated and made an example of and makes the other employees fearful of trying or saying anything. Lots of new executives all at once and does not see what is happening.

Need to review and research more of what an employee is stating. When someone has good standing and reputation then is moved and starts having issues should be a red flag of something going on. Should follow through on both sides not a one sided of any situation

Be careful

I have been working at Millennium Labs

Pros

Fast paced, always changing

Cons

Never know what to expect

Stop saying you are thinking of the company and start showing it. We are on a hiring freeze and promotion freeze but people are dropping like flies by the day. Get it together.

Poor Management and lack of leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Millennium Labs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefit is good. Break room is large like a school cafeteria. Good ameneties.

Cons

Micro manage, poor leadership, horrible billing system, favorites, stress @ 100%. No pay raise.

Worst management that I ever worked under. I will not recommend this employer to my friends.

A Large Company That Doesn't Know It

Former Employee - Information Technology in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in San Diego, CA

I worked at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My peers were some of the best people that I have worked with.

You are supporting a very good cause through your work.

Medical coverage is good , if you have a few thousand dollars in your savings account.

Free water in the break room.

A great place for entry-level and Junior level professionals to learn the ropes. If you don't mind working with 6 year old technology.

Cons

Motivation through shaming was commonplace. Not by management, but by people who fancy themselves as management. And this behavior is tolerated by actual management.

Creativity, and problem solving can get you into trouble. Very specific solutions and implementations are dictated, often by people who have never done the job you are trying to do, You will be reminded that you are not allowed to make decisions. Both directly, and indirectly.

Project management is poor. It's not that the Project Managers do a bad job. It's that they have no authority, and outside influences often prevented success. Warnings of impending failure were commonly ignored. Or got you uninvited to status meetings.

I imagine that most people spent their time with their head down and their mouth shut, just trying to get through the day.

It takes more to valuing employee contributions than hanging a Suggestion Box in the break room.

You will go a long way by treating the employees how you want to be treated. Both in terms of information sharing, and pinching pennies in non-executive buildings and resources.

Hire good people and then trust them to do their job. I saw that written somewhere as part of a mission statement or training guide or something, and I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Micro Management is shunned but still thrives in Billing

Current Employee - Billing Department in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Current Employee - Billing Department in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I have been working at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better than average benefits, up to date technology, executive management strives to keep family oriented environment set forth by owner and founder, company does as much for employees morale more than I've seen with other employers

Cons

Billing department is very micro managed, this part of the industry is cutthroat, but I've been treated more of an adult at my previous jobs. In this department prepare to be baby sat. Management likes to pick on the weaker links as leverage, more like bullying. HR is not great at recognizing actual talent for interdepartmental transfer, you are more likely to be shutdown than given a fighting chance to succeed.

Take complaints from employees more seriously before you have a suit for harassment.

A challenging and rewarding job that offers a fast-paced environment in a young and rapidly growing company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I have been working at Millennium Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Family-oriented culture of teamwork and coordinated efforts. Creativity and feedback from employees is encouraged. Continual growth, great potential for upward mobility and lateral moves. Executive team is visible, very approachable and down-to-earth. It is not uncommon to see them walking through the buildings and labs, and chatting with all levels of staff. Competitive salaries. Company pays 100% of the premiums for life/medical/dental/vision insurances.

Cons

Some departments work extended hours/overtime, which hourly employees may or may not welcome. Management positions may require 50+ hours per week. Work/life balance may not suit everyone. Paid vacation/holiday/sick time is not very generous.

Re-evaluate the paid vacation/holiday/sick time.