Miller PR

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dawn Miller

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A fast paced company that started my career in Entertainment!

Employee (Former Employee)
    West Hollywood, CA

ProsI worked as an Assistant to the CEO when the company was first starting out. It was such a rewarding experience to learn the in's and out's of PR from someone with as much business savvy and experience as the owner. I was able to learn a lot and prepare myself for a career in entertainment. I ultimately moved into working in talent representation, and wouldn't have been able to make the transition without this experience.

ConsPR is really hard work. I would give the company five stars but they were in there infancy when I started and also its hard to recommend this type of work to everyone as PR is not for the faint of heart. There were some bugs that still needed to be worked out but thats true for any start up when I was there. I heard they are really rocking and rolling now though and have really worked out all the growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to have a bit of a tough skin for PR, it wasn't for me, but it was a great experience. I would personally disregard the negative reviews about this company as they probably are from people that can't handle this type of work period. I found the CEO to be a great person to learn from; and as far as I know they, have a high retention rate for employees as they promote from within often. So the people that just didn't make the cut are likely just a bit bitter and resentful. It's a very fast paced world and there are a lot of tough personalities in general in this field (this is not specific to Miller PR). I would say if your considering PR or Miller PR remember this company is the real deal and you better be ready to work. They represent some very high level clients for a reason.

Awful Company

Intern (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsCute little office with a great view. Very young, semi-creative environment.

Cons-CEO completely disregards interns, no acknowledgment they exist.
    - Zero structure for interns, it's every person for themselves as well as no clear management.
    -The whole environment is just very cold and unfriendly
    -Only a FEW big clients, the rest are filler and stressful even though they matter so little.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some serious changes, or your turn over will continue to be HIGH.

Challenging and Rewarding

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)
    West Hollywood, CA

ProsOne of the best reasons to work here is the opportunity for upward mobility and professional growth. The company allows you to be hands on and entrepreneurial in every position and rewards hard work with raises and promotions. Another great reason to work here is the team. We have an amazing group of young professionals that respect each other and cheer each other on personally and professionally.

ConsThe upward mobility comes with hard work, plain and simple. There are long hours and daily challenges with clients, but you do get rewarded for dedication and loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent with the team and grow the internal company culture

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company

(Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat colleagues and an overall awesome place to work with smart people. Regular reviews with career development/raises. MD and CEO listen to you and give personal attention and training. perks for hard work. Company promotes and trains from within

ConsSome of the computers need upgrading but the new laptops are very good

Amazing career growth, great clients and team

(Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Pros- great clients and fun perks
    - entrepreneurial environment with good rewards for hard work
    - promoted two times in three years with good salary increases
    - CEO gives you lots of opportunities to grow and is great to work with and learn from
    - nice co workers and good company culture and benefits

ConsNeed more experienced managers to continue to build and maintain good team environment, don't hire immature catty girls who have been at the agency in the past.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep expanding senior management and keep up the open transparency it is appreciated by the team

Don't let the facade or the fake positive reviews fool you...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsHard working and talented employees working on the team

ConsLong hours
    No overtime (which is AGAINST THE LAW... according to Dept. of Labor)
    CEO has crazy over the top expectations that no one can ever meet.
    CEO speaks poorly of employees to others
    Extreme micromanager
    Runs employees into the ground
    Will under cut your pay when hired if you don't negeotiate or push back.
    Very high turn over about 100% in the last 2 years
    Will offer employees who are resigning bonuses or increase in salary to stay, but work enviroment will not improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like human beings

An amazing springboard for accelerating your career - Small enough to be comfy

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsFollowing the CEO's mantra never fails. Promises for advancement, reviews and fair evaluation are met in a timely and consistent manner. Senior management spends time mentoring both junior and senior level staff. Managers make themselves available to junior staff for hands-on learning opportunities and growth. Personally achieved a major growth opportunity less than 10 months after starting, and looking forward to more very soon.

Fast-track opportunities for aggressive workers with talent -- prove your worth, and be quickly rewarded.

Big enough company to be a serious player in the industry, small enough to be nimble, comfortable and cozy. Company adapts itself to the needs of its clients well beyond the scope of traditional PR and social media service.

Aggressive company making a lot of competitors sweat. Quickly expanding capabilities, especially in the technology, partnerships, social media and business development arenas, make the agency a gem compared to its mega-firm counterparts.

Create your own experience -- bring a positive attitude in, get one out of your peers.

Stellar clients, brands and projects ranging tech to digital entertainment, celebrity and media / advertising. For every ten great brands, perhaps one that's mediocre but still workable.

Amazing tenure perks in as little as two years -- great vacation time, health insurance, newly added programs for management and much more.

Exposure to brilliant minds in the industry. Opportunities to work with "Celebrity CEOs" and other innovative luminaries one could only dream of outside this world.

ConsInconvenient office location for suburban commuters or those outside the "405 / 10 / 110 / 101" box.

Later hours optimized for entertainment industry - can be long at times but with prioritization, manageable.

Strict silo of practice areas that requires in-depth research and qualification for new business opportunities outside of core "digital entertainment" specialty. Flexible, but heavy lifting needed to bring in leads for consumer electronics, gadgets or other industries.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the pace -- maintain an open dialogue with your employees, it goes a very long way.

Try to be a bit more accessible -- weekly management meetings have been a huge step in the right direction.

Keep an open mind -- investment in IT and infrastructure will go a long way.

Move offices closer to the beach (and maybe further south!) one day at end of current lease

It's Sad, Really. So Much Potential for Greatness...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsBright minds in every department!
    Small team = exciting opportunities for low and mid-level staff
    Convenient location for walking to lunch (when you get one).
    Nice, modern office space.
    Reps some very kind, gracious clients.

ConsDeceitful minds in every department.
    Long hours aren't appreciated, no matter how dedicated you are.
    Often the "every man for himself" culture within teams.
    CEO thinks she famous just because her clients are.
    CEO truly speaks negative words about every member of her staff, to other staff members.
    Reviews for raises are often promised without any follow through.

Advice to Senior Management"Treat others as you would like to be treated."

Exciting, growing company

PR Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Pros-Great clients
    -environment condusive to learning and expansion in PR
    -Supervisors/management extremely accessible and friendly
    -consistent opportunity to be promoted
    -company is expanding rapidly which makes workplace exciting
    -nice co-workers
    -orderly office
    -benefits
    -exciting campaigns

Cons-long hours at times, but worth it due to possibility for promotion based on hard work.

too much work, not enough pay

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosentertainment, celebrities, and nice coworkers

Conslittle pay, high hours, no overtime

Worked for Miller PR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miller PR reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Miller PR CEO Dawn Miller . All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Miller PR employees.