Miller & Milone, P.C.

Profile Unclaimed

Miller & Milone, P.C. Reviews

Updated January 19, 2015
Updated January 19, 2015

Christina G. Milone, Esq.

This Firm continues to grow and provide annual increases

Current Employee - General in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - General in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In a time when many companies are laying people off or simply not giving annual raises, during the time of my employment this company continues to give annual reviews with raises, has other nice perks like free coffee, paid lunch hours, birthday gifts, company logo type gifts at the annual meeting, pies at Thanksgiving, etc. I have had a great experience working at Miller & Milone.

Cons

I can think of no cons. The time off policies match pretty much what I have experienced prior to coming to Miller & Milone, there is a good leadership structure in place which continues to be refined and they pay me for my lunch hour - who does that?

Lots of opportunities to learn. Great benefits

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Over the last three years, I had plenty of opportunities to learn new things about the firm and the healthcare industry. Miller & Milone has recently has a great team of managers and administrative people. I have more than one person I can see when I have questions. Benefits are good (vacation, holidays, 401k).

Cons

I witnessed a huge growth in overall company size, which brought with it a lot of structure and policies. I guess you have to have those in today's professional world so it's not really a con...

Very rewarding

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Miller and Milone for over 13 years and it was by far the best work experience of my life. I always had input and got great feedback and support from management both before I was a part of management and after I became a part of management. Throughout my tenure at Miller and Milone there was a definite feeling of family.

Cons

The only Con I an think of was that my position with Miller and Milone was much more then an 8 hour day but in fairness no one ever asked or expected I do anything after hours.

I have been away from the company for 5 years so I would not be able to add any advice for Management.

Decent entry-level gig for someone without many specialized skills

Former Employee - Insurance Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Insurance Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY

I worked at Miller & Milone, P.C. part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work is relatively easy so long as you can write well. Ample parking. Mostly nice people. Clean and well-kept. Pretty good pay considering the level of skill required is not very high. Hourly pay, so you never take work home and get paid on the rare occasions when overtime is necessary.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement. Extremely boring and tedious work. Talking and socializing is discouraged; the office can be too quiet. Benefits and time off are nothing to write home about.

Figure out some way to liven up the office and make the environment more casual.

Good for a short stint, unbearable as a career

Current Employee - Assistant in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the loveliest co-workers I've ever encountered were employees of Miller & Milone. Smart, funny and never unwilling to lend a helping hand.

There's also free coffee and the location is pretty good for Long Island - Garden City is next to everything, so that's good if you enjoy shopping or running errands.

Another pro is the willingness of management to give workers more responsibility. This has an obvious disadvantage which I will elaborate in the con-section of this review, but if you're looking to learn a great deal of healthcare law in a short time this is a great place to develop some knowledge and skills.

Cons

Without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing about Miller & Milone is its Work-Life balance. If you're a lowly clerk or temp you should be able to escape unscathed, but pressure to yield more of your life to M&M will mount as you advance up the corporate ladder.

I suppose if you're willing to work late into the night M&M is a fine place to be...but for the vast majority of people the work-life balance here is dreadfully unhealthy and an outright imposition on their personal lives & time.

Another major issue is the abusive character of upper management. Prepared to be reamed for mistakes - real or imagined - as you are compared to an exacting and never-quite-enumerated standard of perfection. Miller & Milone is a very demanding place.

Now, please note that these problems are hardly endemic to M&M. Ask former or current employees of law firms across the country and you'll encounter similar tales of discontent. Lawyers are not formally schooled in management and don't give a care in the world about your life, your family and your contentment as an employee. They will ride you to exhaustion.

I'm not sure if it's even worthwhile to give advice to the management. Deaf to complaints and whatnot. Just be attuned to the morale of your employees.

Exploitive resume builder for writers

Current Employee - Appeal Writer in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee in a decent corporate building. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Very low pay, expensive benefits, 6 month probationary period to be eligible for medical or other benefits. No opportunities for advancement. No training program. Very disorganized.

Give your employees a reason to stay with the company instead of creating a culture of high turnover.

Do not stop at all!

Current Employee - Worker in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Worker in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

About Miliier and Milone there are no pros

Cons

Upper management from the owner on down are way to full of themselves. Benefits take way to long to kick in. To many games for such a small firm. Not really a law firm at all and it will never be.
    Mostly a glorified collections agency. for a firm this size it should be fun to work at but all it is is a living hell. Do not work here you will hate yourself later.
    Most of the workers here are people who will never get to the big time.

run as fast as you can

I have been working at Miller & Milone, P.C. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

wish i could say there were more pros than the " free coffee" but its not that free since we dont have bonuses or raises.

Cons

management is very disconnected from employees. although company is basically about insurance the management team has never set foot in an insurance company and make rules as they go along. If they like you or you are a suck up you will do fine if you know what you are doing and realize that managment doesnt you are not going to do well. if they dont like you you might as well quit.

actually listen to the employees and maybe take an insurance class so that you actually know what you are talking about..