MillerCoors Reviews

Updated October 25, 2014
3.2

MillerCoors CEO Tom Long
Tom Long

Pros
  • You get free beer and the place is fun to work for (in 43 reviews)

• work life balance a high priority among leadership in my team (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the brewery is not the best for people with families (in 20 reviews)

• Corporate and field sales and marketing are scared to death of the upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Although the company has great products, rich history, and good pay it is way behind the times.

I have been working at MillerCoors (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great products and a huge organization with a variety of jobs. Pay is at or above similar companies in Food and Beverage industry. Free beer.

Cons

Company is way behind the times. Huge disconnects between departments. Lacks strategic vision. Too many employees are still negative about the formation of MillerCoors rather than working together to move the business forward. Seems like this ship will keep moving forward since its the second largest beer company in U.S., although it seems no one knows where the ship is going. Overall sales continue to drop year after year.

Focus on getting all employees on-board with MillerCoors and stop hanging onto the past. Implement a better corporate strategy that translates to better management of product portfolio.

Soulless, backstabbing employees

Former Employee - Category Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Category Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun industry and great brands (but not market leaders).

Cons

A few years ago they hired over 20+ catmans and then fired half of them after a year or two because we we're matching management expectations. Employees will throw you down the well to save their skins.

Listen to your employees and not all the noise from others. Have faith in them and their abilities. Don't let me go immediately. Need to cultivate talent and "slash and burn".

Poor quality company.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

Great people to work with in Golden and at the various breweries.

Cons

Legacy Miller people who are in management positions are horrendously unethical. They are very biased against the legacy Coors people who are unlucky enough to have to report to them. Lying on an employee's review is very common. Decent raises are given to the manager's Miller direct reports while the Coors people receive the crumbs.
    Overall, very low quality Miller people are in management roles. Favoritism abounds. Definitely a good old boy atmosphere.

Go work for an ethical company for a period of time and see how thinks could be done. Don't be afraid to fire your good old boy VPs who are all style and no substance.

Petty

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

Great entry level pay, expense account, vehicle expense reimbursement for sales team.

Cons

Petty manager. You won't get promoted based on your numbers but how well you politic.

Promote performance. After all you are a sales organization. Our sales team was told flat out by the Director of Sales Development "I don't care if your the top sales rep if we don't like your your not going to last". This is just like high school! Now you know why your sales programs keep failing.

My managers pet had been promoted to team lead even though she lacks a college education and basic MS Office skills. WHAT A JOKE!

Slow company with aging, negative people

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

Branding is exciting

Beer case allowance and headquarters bar are nice

Offices and facilities are nice

History is interesting

Cons

South African culture permeates the top and is not effective.

Old people in jobs filled by college hires in similar companies makes for poor future comparison for eager young employees.

culture of mediocre and unmotivated people

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

Free beer each month, pubs in 3 of the offices. Very good benefits, especially the 401(k) match.

Cons

The same favorites are moved from position to position whether they're qualified or not. The company does not develop people. From a performance standpoint, they cannot compete because they're inept at launching a brand and getting it to the shelf. I've never seen a company where people refuse to own their job responsibilities let alone want to be better like at MillerCoors. You cannot succeed in a culture of people where everyone does the minimum to get by and "It's not my job" is the commonplace theme.

Stop rewarding tenure and start rewarding hard work.

Should have been the best job in the world, but upper management is lacking leadership.

Current Employee - Professional III in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Professional III in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free beer. Free beer. Free beer. Free beer. Free beer. Sorry I had to put in a minimum of twenty words, and thats all I could think of.

Cons

Total lack of leadership in Management, upper management, micromanagement, . . .
    The upper management team segregates themselves from the lower level employees and only wants "yes" men. They have very little understanding of what is actually happening on the floor. When coming aboard your experience means nothing if coming from another company/industry. Currently severely understaffed in lower management and there is no urgency to bring in more help (seems they would rather save the money from salaries) and the upper managers do not fill in but expect the lower level to cover more and work more hours without any end in sight. Also a very bad management vs. union relationship.

Promote the people that can and want to actually do make the company a better place to work, and stand up to the union.

Worst Job of my Career

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

use of gas card and company truck

Cons

Management make bad decisions. Account managers are overworked and underpaid

Core values of Ego, Arrogance, Pride & Know-it-all-ism!

Current Employee - IT Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros except free beer and in every large room a bar. Cognitive Dissidence.

Cons

A sour smell surrounds Milwaukee, WI Headquarters from brewing activities as well as arrogant speak that comes out of their sours mouths.

Seems as though your core values stays within the (4) walls of your organization and does not extend externally to the marketplace, interviewees and your customers. The true core values that I experienced on October 4, 2012 is Ego, Arrogance, Pride and Know-it-all-ism.

You are so brilliant and so talented why are you stuck in Milwaukee, WI of all places. Since you are so brilliant why aren't they CEOs of Hedge Funds on Wall Street or CEOs of other US Multi-National Corporations.

Get Rid Of Middle Management...!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Yes, the free beer is nice, Living in Colorado the best, Met some outstanding hourly employee's, Great upper management. Decent work-life balance & pay, Good benefits.

Cons

Most of the review's comming from Golden, Co. spot on. Middle management unbelievably bad for moral, production, etc. What a shame!!! If they sense for some reason you are a threat to their way of life "Watch Out" I seen sooooooooo much talent leave there it's not funny? Most moved on and became very valued employee's else where.

Clean House and Start Over. Walk around and talk to your production people. Get it back to what it use to be working for a brewery.