MillerCoors Reviews

221 reviews filtered by
3.1
MillerCoors CEO Tom Long
Tom Long

Pros
  • Great perks: cases of free beer/ month, discounts on baseball tickets (in 44 reviews)

• work life balance a high priority among leadership in my team (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the brewery is not the best for people with families (in 20 reviews)

• Corporate and field sales and marketing are scared to death of the upper management (in 10 reviews)

1. Enjoyed job but was too stressful

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

Great perks free beer and laid back atmosphere bad wor life balane

Cons

No opportunities for advancement, reduced staffing creates stressful atmosphere

2. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, room for advancement

Cons

Management believes in lean staffing. It can be hard to learn new roles, because you are often buried with things to do.

3. If you are going to work in food and beverage then this is about as good as it gets.

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

The plants are constantly getting capital to improve operations.

Cons

I always wonder whether I should be making alcohol for a living.

5. Manager of Shopper and Channel Insights

Current Employee - Shopper and Channel Insights in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Shopper and Channel Insights in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good Company that believes in Insights and Innovation to maintain their leadership in market

Cons

Currently there is a lot of uncertainty about the future of the company and what shape it is going to take. The turnover rate is pretty high

Try to reduce the turnover because we are loosing a lot of knowledge that keeps the company ahead of its competitors

6. Business Analyst

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

culture, free beer, good people

Cons

limited upside, post merger problems

7. Fun Product, Concerns of Future

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

What can be more fun than working with beer! Total Compensation is competitive (although, it is based on receiving lower salary raises with the remainder consisting of a high bonus – dependent on company/individual performance), Free Beer (3 cases a month with an extra case during the month of December and your Birthday) is always a plus, Free access to local events (i.e. Summer Fest in Milwaukee, WI), and 401K employee matching up to 5% with an after-tax Roth 401K option.

Cons

In the beer industry, the mainstream brands have been dropping in shares due to the increased public desire of flavored products / craft beers. With a generation that grew up with a variety of different flavors of Mountain Dew, they are looking for a significant level of variety in their alcoholic beverages as well. As a result, with typically large volume products dropping and the pressure to produce a variety of small volume flavored product lines, the beer industry is struggling to be innovative, to find ways to cut costs in order to accommodate the constant production change-overs, and to simply change in general. With respect to working in this environment, the pressure to cut costs has forced Health Benefits to move over to High Deductible Savings Plans, the push to utilize personal cell phones with partial reimbursement over company provided equipment, and the general practice of trying to do more with less people. There are significant concerns as to whether or not the leadership is able to take the company to the next level.

Ensure that the company’s strategy is fully distributed at all levels of the organization. The strategy that is pushed downward is interpreted differently within each of the company’s major departments to the point that each department has a tendency to “do its own thing” – resulting in the further entrenchment of a silo-type culture. What activities is Marketing doing that is in alignment with the company’s strategy, what is Operations doing to support Marketing’s efforts, etc. In general, the strategy is communicated; however, it is not properly being distributed at the lower levels.

Stuck in a Rut

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free beer. Company education program is pretty good. Good benefits. Lots of opportunity to move laterally, as long as you're willing to move. You could make a career here, as long as you do what you're told and don't complain.

Cons

Poisonous culture, especially in Marketing. Organization does not treat people like individuals, but instead as cogs in a system (unless you happen to be one of the few who are given special treatment for no apparent reason). Decision making is often pushed upward to the people least informed and able to make good decisions. Confusing organizational systems, and middle/upper managers who are only in it for themselves.

Time to flush out the political animals and get people into middle/upper management positions who are actually good managers and leaders.
    Clarify your vision for the company. Winning in Beer 2.1 isn't a vision, it's just a set of objectives.
    Fix the culture. It starts with you.

Worst employer I've ever had.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

None. They don't care about whats important when it comes to brand representation and taking care of their people. I was hired as a manager to re-develop a team and they fought every suggestion.

Cons

Don't care about their people. Also, they are cheap. They offered me $20K LESS than my current salary when negotiations started. What an insult. I'm an expert in my industry and this was the worst client I ever worked for. The females are very caddy and unprofessional, as well.

Hire people who actually know what they are doing, and have the experience and numbers to back it up. Then, when they make small suggestions on how to make the team better, don't reject them because you're too cheap. You have a quarterly sales incentive worth $7K for reps, but want to pay the people actually out representing your brand way below market average? Thats why I quit: because you refused to give me the small amount of resources I needed to do my job well. I left your company because it was clear that those above me were less concerned about representing the brand, and more concerned with their personal lives and gossip. Treating your employees poorly will result in low morale which leads to inefficiency and decreased productivity in your business. That BUSINESS 101. Get it together. Pay good people what they are worth and it will be worth it in the log run.

Treats people poorly

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing brands. Amazing work that people are doing. Fun industry. Beer is a cool place to work.

Cons

Lots of backstabbing. No real support and the organization treats people poor so they leave. They are losing a lot of top talent and they wonder why they have problems with results.

Stop talking about things you say are true but aren't. For example, there is a lot of talk about diversity but you all are losing diverse talent left and right.

Amazing Team, Great Products, but Disappointing Experience

I worked at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

A strong network of well-educated, driven professionals who focus on results. Flexible work hours and great benefits (gym membership reimbursement, monthly beer allowance, generous health care package, etc.)

Cons

Limited options for promotion from entry level roles, effectively pigeon-holing employees into a career path they may not have envisioned when they first started. Significant disconnect between entry-level employees and upper management. Results are prioritized above all else, causing hard-workers to feel like their efforts essentially didn't matter if they didn't hit short-term goals.