Milliken Chemical

Milliken Chemical Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe Salley

A good chemical company to work.

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsEnvironmentally friendly company that is also supportive and active in the local community.

ConsWhen you perform well you often gain more work as your reward. Once you work for a long period of time you can almost gain tenure which makes it impossible to fet some go or motivate.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe changes being made throughout the company are for the better and I am glad to see them occurring.

Job Seekers BEWARE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsI find it very hard to find a Pro

ConsThe Culture is not of this century...associates are rude to each other, unwilling to help each other, and constantly creating busy work ..I feel horrible for the people who work there because they will never know what proper treatment is- how do you survive the daily beat downs? There is also no balance between work and what is important in life- your family and friends. Job Seekers RUN! If you are still there try to get out... I did.. and it is so much better on the outside.....

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as you let the Good Ole Boy Network to continue there will be no change-

Found that management still continues with good ole boy network

Professional In Chemical Division (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

Pros40 hours a week as salaried employee

ConsVery low raises. Management would influence employees to not push concerns even if unethical or against company policy. They claim zero waste to landfill but break that constantly. Still manage by good ole boys. You believe or you are shunned. My boss was a female and all males were fiercely challenged on every decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen an ethics issue comes forward address it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

ProsLong term growth strategies, great people, family type atmosphere

ConsNeed more work/life balance initiatives

Good benefits in "Sparkletown", but field sales is brutal

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsAt HQ, you're a rock star in town - especially if your a chemist.

ConsTook away the pension plan in 2006...because they "couldn't afford it" - the M-family are billionaires
    and the biggest land owners in Maine (even owning more than the state, itself!)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou like to hire "experienced" outsiders to bring in new ideas, but really, you just want the good old boy who has been doing it the same way for 30 years

no upward mobility

Proscompetitive salary great training and benefits
    great training
    benefits

ConsLittle to no opportunities for advancement.

Milliken

ProsVery strong chemical business. Good people to work with.

ConsSalaries are low. Not very much upward potential except for a very select few.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the company does a good job of driving growth in their businesses but think that more effort should be put into rewarding the employees.

Worked for Milliken Chemical? Contribute to the Community!