Millikin University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good place to work

Supervisor (Former Employee) Decatur, IL

Prosgood people, beautiful campus and eager students

Consyour growth is limited and responsibilities are heavy

Very lenient for students

Student Worker (Former Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsRelaxing environment to work in. You can make your own schedule, which is perfect for students with a heavy class load.

ConsI feel like the communication could have been a bit better between faculty and the student workers. Sometimes I felt like I was unwanted if I had a question and approached a superior about it, like I was putting a strain on their day for asking a simple question.

Good

ProsThis was a good experience.

ConsThe pay was not good.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Millikin University has an extremely supportive, inclusive, and positive environment that I still miss every day!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe entire staff is always accessible (within reason), their expectations are consistently reasonable while pushing you to your best, and you can't beat the culture at Millikin.

ConsThe upper management and department heads do not value their faculty as much as they could. It's an extremely small university, which some people do not like. The campus is beautiful, but there are some rough areas in the surrounding town.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let excellent members of the Millikin faculty get away. You are starting to lose some really great ones.

Fun place to work.

Student Worker (Former Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsThey always work with students on their schedules.

ConsLow pay job for students.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice for the management to provide students with a little more pay so they could be competitive with other employers. However, with the student being right on campus they do not have to have a car or spend additional funds to drive back and forth to work. Also, the college works around students schedules so they are able to attend class and work before or after.

Wonderful students that are dedicated to the educational profession.

Lecturer (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsGood students
    Good colleagues
    Beautiful campus
    Quality programs

ConsDoes not value your hard work and passion with kind words or salary increases.
    Mandates many requirements of the university rather than ask for our help.
    Seems that it who you know more than what you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen and share problems and let colleagues work to better the quality of the school. It is so much easier to work with people who listen and value you and your ideas even if they don't agree with them.

Excellent working conditions and culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

Prosflexibility and benefits are excellent

Consyou wont get rich but you will be happy

College education is a business and the bills must be paid.

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsThe faculty are supportive and intelligent. The staff are supportive.

ConsManagement is having to deal with the fact that enrollment is tied to financial survival. It seems that in some programs students who do not belong are retained inorder to keep enrollment numbers sufficiently high.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a business model where the school can cull the poor performing students and have the school in a position to still pay its bills.

Worked for Millikin University? Contribute to the Community!