Milliman Care Guidelines

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jon Shreve

Long-term satisfied employee

ProsMission of the company is rewarding, helping improve healthcare quality and efficiency. Acquired in December 2012 by Hearst Corporation, a giant media and information conglomerate.

ConsMoving from independent small company to a piece of a very large company. Culture and methods are changing greatly. Financial rewards may be diminishing. Management is slow in responding to market needs. Expect more management turnover over next year or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promising that the company will not change because of the acquisition. Get in front of market changes, if possible.

Not a flat organization; A steep and political climb for employees looking to grow.

Seattle, WA

ProsThe company holds frequent employee events in an effort to boost moral. As long as you are not looking into it too deeply - this can be enjoyable! If you like that sort of thing.

ConsThe leadership does not seem to prioritize the development of their employees. It might be a tough place for young people to develop their core skills early on.There was a lot of focus on making things look nice versus actually producing quality outcomes - and a lot of re-work as a result of not investing the time upfront to make sure the strategic planning is on point.

Mission driven, smart, caring employees

Seattle, WA

Pros* Great people to work with.
    * Pay and benefits are excellent.
    * Nice offices
    * Proud of the work we do
    * Company has learned and grown
    * Good work-life balance
    * Well resourced
    * Hearst bought the company a year ago and has been a dream partner, left the company culture intact and respects the strengths we bring to the table.

Cons* Agree that the review process needs work, but I think it is getting attention and should improve.
    * Very little career growth, folks have to go somewhere else for a promotion. This also seems to be getting some traction and could improve near term.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job. Keep focused on continuous improvement. Thanks for the transparency.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that had potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey did pay well across the board and were not shy about spending money on things like company parties, resources, and such.

ConsThe company was bought by Hearst in October, and separated from Milliman Corporate as a result. The most incompetent executive management team you have ever seen. In-fighting, backstabbing, greed, complete lack of understanding how to manage people or processes or projects. This was from the CEO on down.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. Every one of you are worth zilch as humans. Take your precious money from the Hearst acquisition of MCG and leave.

They treat their employees much better than most places.

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsExcellent benefits, monthly parties, two fancy holiday parties, pretty relaxed about deadlines.

ConsSometimes wish for more attention to delivering higher quality product.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees what they want for benefits. Some would rather have better equipment and tools than parties.

Great place

Sales Executive - Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsGood compensation and they really treat employees well.

Consno shortage of work year round

Too much, too fast...

ProsPay is above average
    Bonuses
    Benefits package

ConsAnnual reviews are not helpful, concise or efficient
    Leadership is a revolving door
    Leadership team does not get along and its very obvious to all the employees
    Unhealthy work environment, not knowing if you will lose your job from one day to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the dedicated hard workers you have working for you and do what you can to keep them. Your company is only only as strong as your weakest link.

Worked for Milliman Care Guidelines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milliman Care Guidelines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Milliman Care Guidelines CEO Jon Shreve. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Milliman Care Guidelines employees.