Million Air

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Woolsey

Poor pay, poor management, great potential, great reputation.

Line Service Professional (Former Employee)
    Fayetteville, AR

ProsVery lenient on overtime and vacation. Company has a great reputation within the industry.

ConsPoor pay, Poor upper management. Our facility got shut down by failure to budget and pay bills by the upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBudget and pay your bills. Pay your employees the industry standard.

I started out loving the job.

Line Service Technician (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsYou get to (sometimes) work with corporate airplanes, working outside provides a new environment/challenge I never had before, you get to meet some really awesome people.

ConsManagement will take no suggestions, competes on the level of "keeping up with the kardashians" for the drama, company as a whole is extremely shady (seriously. Google American jet international Columbia and million air San bernardino), will do anything to get you into the door including selling an act that the "bottom employee is the most important, they couldn't care about your personal time and as long as they can push you into working your days off/overtime so they don't have to then that's all that matters, supervisors push bottom employees into all the things they don't want to do and all the physical labor, and airlines which is something they neglect to inform you at first. They get you into the place by showing you the nice private jets but within a few months they will train you to throw around a couple chucks of metal weighing 70+ pounds 26ish times a day while dragging out 3" hoses around 20 feet long. In the summer when it's 90-100 degrees out you get sent out with no drinks, no cooling, and no lunch breaks of any kind. There is also no room for advancement, and couldn't care less about the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is resistant to change. Don't even waste your breath.

Waste of time and you will be abused

Pilot (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe best thing was the benefits. Insurance was good. The facility was nice...but only because they were trying to impress the customers.

ConsManagement was terrible and only cared about the bottom line. They try to say they provide these perks, but really they're to make up for how much you're abused the rest of the year. Their big Christmas party is more about putting on a show for customers than it is for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like they're more than just a number.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work for little appreciation

Line Service Technician (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

Pros-Great Employees, very easy to get along with everyone
    -Fun Atmosphere
    -Constantly changing work duties allowed you to do many tasks throughout the day.

Cons-Management never took suggestions
    -Absolutely no praise or motivation
    -Employees seemed to never do anything "right" in management's eyes; always "why didn't you do this or that"
    -Management expectations were often unclear

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to appreciate the front line employees. Listen to their ideas and empower them and the atmosphere will improve. The lack of motivational support from management made it very difficult to simply come to work everyday. I don't think I have ever been told "well done", "good job", or even "thank you" by anyone in management.

Would Not Return

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Medford, OR

Pros- Beautiful work atmosphere
    - Opportunities to meet fairly influential people

Cons- Sexist attitudes
    - Nepotism
    - Poor review practices
    - High turnover rate
    - Low pay
    - Little communication between management and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementSince working there, the worst member of the management team has left the staff. Unfortunately, it was due to a promotion within the corporation. I've heard that since my departure, some of their hardest working employees have been demoted. Please, try to hang on to your hard working employees instead of rewarding sneaky, sniveling behavior.

Worst ever

Line Service Technician (Former Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Proslots of downtime (barely any business)
    schedule (for the lucky ones)
    good general staff base

Consdon't follow labor laws
    deceitful company
    grossly underpaid, poorly treated and disgruntled staff
    horrible management/ownership

Advice to Senior Managementfollow labor laws
    pay industry standard
    overhaul management
    treat staff with at least some respect

Wanted people to do as we say

ProsPeople get along with each other. Almost like family
    Always something different
    CEO will go out and work the line if needed. Really nice guy

ConsHealth care plan is horable
    No 401 k match. Took it away to save money
    Ask way to much for no raise. At other locations people that have been there a long time have never got a raise
    Very hard to get people in the door with there talent +.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making it harded to get people into the company Let the people you put in charge bring people in that they feel will be a great fit for Million air. Just because they can pass it does not mean they can do the job

Worked for Million Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Million Air reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Million Air CEO Roger Woolsey. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Million Air employees.