Mills-Peninsula Health Services

Updated September 3, 2014
Updated September 3, 2014
3.9

Bob Merwin

Collection of Blood Draw, Receiving and pocessing of Blood drawn and tracking and transfering the specimen to Livermore

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician - I in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician - I in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Mills-Peninsula Health Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is very big company under the Sutter health services, it is a big pleasure and good experience to work here and good camaraderie with all my co workers

Cons

To move fast and learn more and faster everyday so patients will not lost their patience and will continue to
    come back to us.

To continue giving the good benefits for all the employees and so they will strive more and continiously help the company to achieve the goal.

Ok hospital.

I worked at Mills-Peninsula Health Services as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Some really nice people, but others were meh. flexible schedule.

Cons

Somewhat disorganized when I last went.

Great family oriented hospital

I have been working at Mills-Peninsula Health Services

Pros

big rooms, private, very family friendly.

Cons

Becoming very corporate. Used to be a great environment to work in, beginning to change as focus has shifted toward becoming magnet status. Employee appreciation has deteriorated.

Get better at appreciating employees more.

Giving me a very productive Opportunity to be more effective and learn more

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician I in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician I in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Mills-Peninsula Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Supervisor are very helpful to give instructions to a new employee and learning a new things from them is not impossible.

Cons

To show your capabilties and be more productive in learning new things about laboratory

Be more patience in giving techniques to a new employees.

Caring, friendly, knowledgable employees staff this community based hospital!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Mills-Peninsula Health Services as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Unlike many of the teaching hospitals and other large hospitals in the area, Mills-Peninsula Health Services is a small, community based hospital. Because of this, the employees and the the management know each-other. They are able to collaborate in order to make sure the hospital is flowing and patients are getting the best care possible.

Cons

For me, there really were none. The building as just been completely re-built, so the patient rooms have the top of the line equipment! There are also beautiful courtyards, as it is a strong belief that peace and nature can help healing.

Continue to be a part of the action on the floor, you never know what is actually happening within the hospital until you see what the nurses, doctors, case managers, and every one else involved in patient care are doing!

Solid company going through a lot of changes. It is becoming more corporate. However, many quality people work there.

I have been working at Mills-Peninsula Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful health insurance, decent paid time off. Quality varies from department to department but overall they try hard to do a very good job.

Cons

Flat organizational chart means little room for advancement. Things take a long time to change.

Create an ombudsman that employees could speak with and advise about needed changes.

Challenging opportunities

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Mills-Peninsula Health Services

Pros

Provides opportunity to improve the health of the community; nimble culture

Cons

Lots of changes coming in Healthcare Industry

Remain focused on the improving the the health of the community

Big Brother, MPH, tells you when, how far, and how long you HAVE to do it without consideration of what Happened to you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Mills-Peninsula Health Services

Pros

If you are a nurse, at least you can contribute your skills and knowledge. However, computer charting and inane ever changing polices knock the backbone out of what one is called to do in giving ample care to the patient. Here, it's about the money. For who? The hospital.

Cons

Little care, thought, or consideration of a Professional's needs. Work related injuries are shunned as being "much to do about nothing." Policies forever change without input from employees. Those that implement these policies are most often inexperienced and focused on only their "expertise" while disregarding the flow of the entire system or purpose.

Management states that the hospital is about service, expertise, and functionality; however, the real protocol has little to do or concern about those who are doing the work. Nurses are treated with total disrespect.