Milsoft Software Technologies
www.milsoft.com.tr

Milsoft Software Technologies Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great company for new graduates

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Milsoft Software Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWe used to work with really good people. Salary was good also.
It is CMMI Level 5 company so organization is better than other companies in Ankara

ConsWork environments is not so comfortable because of military security issues. In 2009, most of the good people leave the company.

excruciating

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Milsoft Software Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Prosnice colleagues, nice office location, campus life, cmmi level 5 certified software development experience

Consmin working hours from 08:00 to 18:00, working off hours is mandated but not paid.

A company where you can work on endless challenges

I have been working at Milsoft Software Technologies full-time

Pros. Working in a company with national scale challenges
. Working in an environment with well defined processes

Cons.working in an environment with too many defined processes

Milsoft software engineer internship interview

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Milsoft Software Technologies as an intern for less than a year

ProsGood wroking environment, good teamwork and satisfying projects

ConsTight working hours and high security in the office.

Working as a software engineers for 7 years.

Çankaya, Ankara (Turkey)

I have been working at Milsoft Software Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCmmi level 5 company. You can leran much on software processes and project lifecycles.

ConsProjects are long-lifed. So at some point you can feel like you are not enhancing your knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees. They are hardworking.

A place for those who love hard work and challenges

I have been working at Milsoft Software Technologies

Prosemployee profile is top-notch engineers

ConsCareer path is somewhat blurred

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide clearer career paths for engineers

very monotonous

I have been working at Milsoft Software Technologies

ProsMilSOFT is a system integration and software development company, having business in defense industry. MilSOFT is a 100% Turkish national firm which offers cost-effective products to its customers and competes in the national and international markets by using the latest technologies developed from the research and development activities conducted. With high quality software and system engineers, MilSOFT’s vision is to become a major player in the world market as a leading Turkish System Integration and Software Development Company.

ConsThe employee pool makes you feel worthless, plus the closed salary system makes you paranoid and suspicious of your colleagues' salaries and worth as in comparison to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership should put an end to being too goal-oriented start noticing that us employees are human. We are not machines.

Tons of paper work, some technical satisfaction, competent salary, no career path, no personal life

I have been working at Milsoft Software Technologies

ProsMilSOFT provides a compentent salary with an additional profit share. The profit share changes between 2.5 to 4.0 times montly salary per year depending on your experience and role in the company.
It is a good start point for new graduates. The company works really hard in providing highly advanced military sofware systems which means the engineers need to deal with very sophisticated problems. So "mostly" the job is technically satisfactory.
The company tries to do things according to book, the book is CMMI Level 5; which means,
- All software requirements are documented
- All software design is documented
- All software tests are documented

ConsEverything is documented, every request, every change, every task, whatever comes to your mind has a form to fill in and signed by the upper management. We are like the Vogons (Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy) of the software industry. You always end up spending more time to the suplementary work than the actual work. For example a request from customer implemented by the engineer's in one week but the release completed in 2 months for doing aditional neccesary work; filling out forms - lots of forms, approvals, updating tens of documents, document review cycles, test, release etc.
There is absolutely no career path in the company. You have no idea about your future in the company. There are no meaningful tecnical positions for seniours: Enginer - Lead Eng - Technical Lead - Project Manager. If you step through engineer position to lead engineer (there is nothing between) you need to say a big goodbye to the most of the techincal challanges.
There are people in the company somehow succeeded in hiding themselves from upper management and have absoletely no idea what is going on (technically) and getting much higher salary rates than yours as they have more experience in terms of years. It is no matter how much you do your job better than the others at best you will end of with the highest salary in your "year" category, no more.
They will always ask over-time from you; you will end up working 65+ hours for months and at the end of the project, they will say "The "over-time"s are good for the sake of your personal technical improvement". They will not do anything in practice to keep you in the company!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should keep an eye on the engineers, on their requests, on their needs. They have their own families, their own personal life. You should recpect them.
You need to provide career path for the ones looking for technical paths and also you need to provide clear paths for lower positions.

MilSOFT- you need nerves to survive here!

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Milsoft Software Technologies

Pros- the CMMI level 5 maturity assessment- first in Europe to be assessed as Level 5.
- the capabilities of the software engineers and the bright engineers
- the processes are solid and the quality system supports the processes
- the salary is good
- profit sharing opportunities
- it has its own building
- easy to go to school in the technopolis area
- going after international standards
- going after international business
- high growth rate
- high profitability
- potential to grow bigger in its area
- products add value to the country and reduce countries export needs for high tech military applications

Cons- there is no respect to employees
- they make you work to death while making you feel like you have no value
- it is a one man show - the boss is always right- he never asks your opinion and makes decisions
- the boss is opinionated
- the boss is judgmental and has prejudice against everything
- the boss interferes with everything
- decisions made change daily- no real policy
- the boss does not trust anybody
- company's secrecy policy limits knowledge sharing
- the company's high level management is untalented
- the upper management can not take any risks or make any decisions
- the upper management is scared of the boss
- managers are treated like crap
- employees and their private lives are not respected at all and the boss poses to care about this situation although he doesnt give a damn

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say the senior management needs to wake up and smell the roses. They need to see every employee is valuable and they need to respect everyones decisions- and listen to them- even if they know they will decide otherwise. Lots of good ideas can come from employees
They need to make promotion decisions based on the value each employee adds not the amount of hours they work or make people work.

Worked for Milsoft Software Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Milsoft Software Technologies reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Milsoft Software Technologies employees.