Milwaukee Brewers

Add Photos

Doug Melvin

Unique

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat environment to work in with great co-workers. Management encourages growth and development.

ConsMy compensation was not ideal.

Great place to work.

Clubhouse Attendant (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsVery knowledgeable staff and management is quite good.

Conshours can get hectic depending on teams schedule

From 98-2008 it was great but after wards everything change

Ticket Office (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsIf you'd like dealing with customers and making them happy you will love it.

Consit feel likes your on big brother, micro managed, non mandatory meetings, that turn out to be mandatory, almost like a cult setting, ridiculous mid week nigh time meetings, meetings meetings meetings!!, feels like your in a 4 year college gaining a degree in cold heartedness , no fun, no family setting, no this , no that.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf nothing aint broken no need to fix it. Get a soul if you if still have one , stop making employees look over their shoulder everyday. No one needs that, and cut out the mind games, and brainwash bully tactics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Management Consultant (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsMany opportunities to work on community projects on behalf of the organization, culturally diverse, good benefits. Great place to work if you enjoy attending professional sporting events too.

ConsNo access to public transportation for employees who don't have a car. You can carpool though.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to increase diversity recruitment efforts to expand market share in Milwaukee's urban communities with more community outreach initiatives.

Intern- One Full Season

Community Foundation (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsMeet major players in the company at a luncheon for the interns.
    Fast pace environment, you learn how to think quick on your feet.
    Amazing experience, wouldn't trade it for anything.

ConsWas asked to work on major projects and half the the management would use any of the work I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they might have a more efficient way of doing tasks that might even cost your less.

Milwaukee Brewers ticket sales Rep

Day of Game Ticket Sales (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe staff is very nice and there are many rewards, and you get to work at the most beautiful place in the city.

ConsYou work during games so you do end up missing half of them, but you're in the door for free after that.

Helfaer Operations

Helfaer Operations Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsNice Manager, very flexible schedule. Is a relaxing job that is very enjoyable. Company has great program for the children

ConsLow pay, wish I could get more hours. Training could have been maybe a little more in-depth

Corporate Marketing Intern, aka Glorified Brew Crew

Corporate Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsWorking for the Brewers is by itself a very cool thing. During my internship I got to meet several players, be a racing sausage, and enjoy free seats whenever I wanted them. The perks were definitely the best part. The people were this internships only redeeming factor, however. See below.

ConsThe corporate marketing department hired 7 interns, which was probably 5 too many. We were constantly fighting for hours due to budget constraints, and when we were in office hours we would either do data entry or refilling posterboard for a promotion. We were never given any responsibility and the contract coordinators never let us help with anything. We essentially did the same thing the "Brew Crew" did. That is, we were glorified game day staff. If you want to actually learn something in the sports marketing industry, look elsewhere. This is one of the few times I would say an unpaid internship is better than a paid internship, because if I had not been busy fighting for hours, this could have been a whole 'nother ballgame.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your corporate marketing internship program. Make it worth it for your interns. Give them projects to take ownership of. Doing data entry is ok every now and then, because we are interns, but I felt pretty useless in that office.

Not much work, a lot of down time..

Intern (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGood first internship, learned how ticket sales works in a sports organization. Did a lot of clerical work and not many critical thinking tasks.

ConsToo much down time. There were many times I was not doing work and they had nothing for me to do. I was the first intern in the ticketing sales department so they had no experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a more detailed internship program and plan what you want your interns to do. I would have liked to be busy 24/7 instead of 5 hours a day

n/a

Media Relations (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Pros-I got paid to drive to a stadium and watch baseball
    -If you love baseball -- I would highly recommend working for the Brewers

Cons-Sometimes you have to work really long hours
    -Sometimes the product on the field wasn't very good

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a better product on the field and your fans will support the team even more than they already do. The fact that the team has been able to draw 3 million + fans despite making the playoffs only once says a lot, particularly in the small market and bad economy.

Worked for Milwaukee Brewers? Contribute to the Community!