Milwaukee Tool Reviews

Reset
3.5
Milwaukee Tool President Steven P. Richman
Steven P. Richman

Pros
  • Good stepping stone if you have limited experience (in 3 reviews)

• It's very fast paced with very little red tape (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long, long, long, long work hours lots of missed time from family (in 7 reviews)

• Little to no respect for the CEO or upper management (in 6 reviews)

1. Pretty Good First Year

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

- Culture of getting better and succeeding. - Company is more then understanding when sending you half way around the world for a week or two a couple times of year. - Not afraid to spend some money to be sure you have the tools you need to get the job done.

Cons

The people that are willing to be loud are the ones that will stand out and will get benefit of the doubt more often then not.

Advice to Management

The loud ones are not always the best workers. Sometimes they are just the ones that stand out easily.

2. Ovearll a good company

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay is fair, lost of opportunity to learn, not much promotions for certain levels. Coworkers are very friendly and its a pleasent place to work.

Cons

Poor communication between departments. Changes in designs often not communicated until the last minute.

Advice to Management

Increase communication skill between departments,

3. Fair Company, poor advancement unless you are "in the club"

Current Employee - Engineer in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoy my coworkers Easy work Flexible hours

Cons

Extremely small raises and bonuses. People make up for it by taking longer lunches and breaks Often have to carry the less experienced workers as they like to hire young inexperienced new graduates. No career advancement unless you are in the club" very cliquish. Communication between departments is terrible often leading to repeated work and mistakes. High turn over of new hires you get confused who is even working there it changes so often and management never communicates it to you so first time you know is the first the day they show up.

Advice to Management

Do nott expect new hires to stay long and as the experienced retire its going to degrade the workforce. Get serious about the small raises when the company sales is doing so good its devastated morale.and even f you do wake up and fix it it will take years to regain the trust.

Great Place Wrong Management

Former Employee - Distribution Supervisor in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Distribution Supervisor in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Milwaukee Tool (More than a year)

Pros

Great New location, great employees

Cons

management hold grudges because of the way others managers , single out other managers terminate for no reasoning , when company was in record breaking months.

Advice to Management

Managers should care about their employees not just another number when the company have invested into employees

Told to write this review

Current Employee - Marketing in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

I like working with a lot of the people in this organization

Cons

For the past six months HR and Leadership has been "highly encouraging" many employees to write favorable reviews about them and the company. They want to get Steve Richman's ratiings up higher than they were before. Another reviewer hit it on the head. They sit around and read these reviews and try to figure out who is writing them. They are obsessed with talking about people behind their backs and they black list people all of the time. If one person on the Sr. Management team does not like or has it out for an employee they all turn against that person. It's the strangest thing to watch- it's like being back in grade school. They absolutely want to portray an image of being fun, fast paced and innovative but the truth comes out after you have been working here a few months. It's chaotic, crazy, childish and completely unprofessional environment to work. They get people to stay by promoting them beyond their capabilities and throwing money at people when they try to leave to go somewhere else. It's sad and the organization should really think about replacing some of the Executives that are running the culture into the ground. The best way to describe working in this environment is toxic and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Retire and retire soon

7. So far, so good

Current Employee - Software Developer in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming from a smaller company with very limited opportunities, everything at MET is a pro, it seems. Plenty of room to grow upward through the ranks, plenty of interesting / fun stuff to work on, great people who understand how to get the most out of themselves and others, and lets not mention the great discount on tools, the gym, cafeteria, and other side benefits.

Cons

Fast growing company pains... Limited parking, running out of desk space to put new hires, bathrooms are constantly in use, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. If anything, be more communicative about plans for fixing the parking, desk space, and bathroom issues...

Rapid Growth & Professional Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The growth of the company has been because of the great people that have developed hundreds of cool power tools, accessories, and hand tools. The sales growth has lead to a ton of promotions and even new positions to be created. I also like the lack of bureaucracy that lets me get my job done efficiently.

Cons

We need to fill open positions quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize and reward the employees that have made the company successful.

Keep the train rolling

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy the very strong teamwork at Milwaukee. Regardless if work is going seamlessly or there are challenges, I can depend on my peers to help me overcome all issues with open arms. I get the opportunity daily to interface with coworkers that are at the top of their game regardless of department.

Cons

Embrace that we are getting bigger and continue to empower younger leaders.

Advice to Management

Enjoying the engaged success! Keep it going!

Great fast paced company

Current Employee - Professional in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Professional in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Milwaukee is growing extremely fast mostly through rapid innovation and launching of new products. It is a fast paced dynamic environment which is hard to find in most midwestern manufacturing companies. Feels more like working for a tech company on the west coast than a manufacturing company.

Cons

Fast paced aggressive culture is only a con if you don't like that kind of job; the trade off is that you can move around to get a lot of experience and if you work hard you will get promoted. Not a place to come work if you don't like to be challenged.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are focused on ensuring a good work/life balance for all employees. Burnout risk is high if you expect employees to work long hours every day. I suggest a summer hours program (1/2 day on Friday) to let employees take advantage of the short Wisconsin summers.

11. Review

I have been working at Milwaukee Tool full-time

Pros

Never gets boring. Fast paced environment.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

RSS Feed </> Embed