Milwaukee World Festival

CEO

Sales and Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Intern

I worked at Milwaukee World Festival as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Free Summerfest tickets, inside scoop on the festival's lineup, paid hourly + commission... and your work is done before the festival starts, so you can fully enjoy Summerfest :)

Cons

You will spend a LOT of time cold calling businesses on the mailing list. Basically no opportunities for hire after the internship term, given the nature of the festival business.

Can't do it for the money, just the experience

Former Employee - ERT
    Former Employee - ERT

I worked at Milwaukee World Festival part-time

Pros

Coworkers, good times, you'll always have stories to tell. Good music, meet celebrities at times.

Cons

Low pay, must pay for parking, food, drinks, very busy hectic work, dealing with drunks.

Pay your security people for the work they do!!

Fun seasonal job

Former Employee - Ticket Seller in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Ticket Seller in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Milwaukee World Festival part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fun environment, air conditioned booths, fun coworkers, managers would periodically give out giftcards, received 2 free Summerfest Tickets, free uniforms

Cons

Pay wasn't great, no parking available (had to pay for your own parking or else find a ride), no food discounts, no employee dining room (no access to refrigerator/microwave), have to deal with lots of drunk/angry customers and huge lines. Of course you cannot attend any of the concerts as you are working during the majority of them.

Offer a higher rate of pay

World's largest music festival

I have been working at Milwaukee World Festival part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome setting in downtown Milwaukee

Cons

Working all summer long and all weekends

Fun, great people, exciteing event to sell for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee World Festival

Pros

You are right on the Summerfest grounds. If your a music lover, this is the place for you. We are always talking about what bands to book and who may or may not be coming to the fest this year. Also free Summerfest tickets are a definate perk.

Cons

The pay isn't great, even with the little commision it is hard to make enough money. It does get hard taking a lot of NO's but you will get that with any sales job.

I am really enjoying my time here at Summerfest. I wish I felt like I had a chance to advance to a full time position. It would drive me to work even harder because I really enjoy working with all of my coworkers and would love to be offered a full time position.

You get paid to be in the sun, listen to live music and see interesting people.

Current Employee - Grounds Patrol - Emergency Response Team in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Grounds Patrol - Emergency Response Team in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Milwaukee World Festival

Pros

It's not a difficult job. There is always live music to listen to while working. There is a nice breeze from the lake and when you go on lunch break there is a lot of fun food to choose from. It's usually a fun, easy job.

I love it because I get paid to be somewhere (Summerfest) I would probably pay to be if I didn't have this job.

Co-workers are usually fun people to work with.

Cons

It can get very hot outside, you can get sunburn. It's only a seasonal job, 11 days a year, but for those 11 days you eat and breathe the fest. Big crowds of drunk people.

Lots of favoritism with upper management. If they don't like you, you may have problems.

Provide some kind of pay raises to those who have worked for you for so long. A raise every few years would be nice.

Try to get rid of the "Good ol' Boys" club. Upper management picks and chooses who gets what based on whether they like them or not. Promotions or good assignments should be based on how an employee works, not on if you like that employee or not.

There are a lot of people working at the bottom level who are far more qualified than some at the top.