Milwaukee World Festival

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sales and Marketing Intern

Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee)

ProsFree Summerfest tickets, inside scoop on the festival's lineup, paid hourly + commission... and your work is done before the festival starts, so you can fully enjoy Summerfest :)

ConsYou will spend a LOT of time cold calling businesses on the mailing list. Basically no opportunities for hire after the internship term, given the nature of the festival business.

Fun seasonal job

Ticket Seller (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsVery fun environment, air conditioned booths, fun coworkers, managers would periodically give out giftcards, received 2 free Summerfest Tickets, free uniforms

ConsPay wasn't great, no parking available (had to pay for your own parking or else find a ride), no food discounts, no employee dining room (no access to refrigerator/microwave), have to deal with lots of drunk/angry customers and huge lines. Of course you cannot attend any of the concerts as you are working during the majority of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a higher rate of pay

World's largest music festival

ProsAwesome setting in downtown Milwaukee

ConsWorking all summer long and all weekends

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, great people, exciteing event to sell for.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsYou are right on the Summerfest grounds. If your a music lover, this is the place for you. We are always talking about what bands to book and who may or may not be coming to the fest this year. Also free Summerfest tickets are a definate perk.

ConsThe pay isn't great, even with the little commision it is hard to make enough money. It does get hard taking a lot of NO's but you will get that with any sales job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am really enjoying my time here at Summerfest. I wish I felt like I had a chance to advance to a full time position. It would drive me to work even harder because I really enjoy working with all of my coworkers and would love to be offered a full time position.

You get paid to be in the sun, listen to live music and see interesting people.

Grounds Patrol - Emergency Response Team (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsIt's not a difficult job. There is always live music to listen to while working. There is a nice breeze from the lake and when you go on lunch break there is a lot of fun food to choose from. It's usually a fun, easy job.

I love it because I get paid to be somewhere (Summerfest) I would probably pay to be if I didn't have this job.

Co-workers are usually fun people to work with.

ConsIt can get very hot outside, you can get sunburn. It's only a seasonal job, 11 days a year, but for those 11 days you eat and breathe the fest. Big crowds of drunk people.

Lots of favoritism with upper management. If they don't like you, you may have problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some kind of pay raises to those who have worked for you for so long. A raise every few years would be nice.

Try to get rid of the "Good ol' Boys" club. Upper management picks and chooses who gets what based on whether they like them or not. Promotions or good assignments should be based on how an employee works, not on if you like that employee or not.

There are a lot of people working at the bottom level who are far more qualified than some at the top.

Worked for Milwaukee World Festival? Contribute to the Community!