Mimecast

Mimecast CEO Peter Bauer

Peter Bauer

Small Market Business

SMB (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat work environment, Growing company, $10 for lunch everyday, three weeks vacation plus sick days and floating holidays, competitive commission structure.

ConsGrowing companies come with growing pains.

Great Experience

Software Development Intern (Former Employee) Watertown, MA

Pros*The work you do as an intern is very much self directed.
    *Team was very tight knit and helpful.
    *Easy access to upper management.

Cons*Different departments can get cliquey.
    *Coordinating with the London office can become a hassle.
    *Easy to get off task, assignments could have been more challenging.

Advice to Senior Management*Remember to keep on keeping your employees happy.

Great Work place!

Software Development Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsExcellent work environment. A highly experienced team. Great job to learn.

ConsCould have been more challenging

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great growing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people, the culture, compensation

ConsVery few, I guess you could say micro-management has gone up recently.

Fantastic working environment

Sales (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Pros-Great pay/benefits
    -The executives and management are fully available and invested in their employee's success
    -Work hard/play hard motto (and feels like a (more mature) start up
    -Very upwardly mobile company
    -They rarely hire from the outside and like to grow their own talent (this is less true than it was 3/4 years ago)
    -Free lunch
    -Fun and fast paced

Cons-They are growing their operations team and some of the internal workings can move slow at times
    -Since they never hired from the outside, they are now having to invest in a more formalized training program

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

As good as it gets...

Sales (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsExcellent People, excellent management. Excellent work place in general. Management really wants to keep their employees happy and turnover low. Everyone right up to the CEO wants to make sure you are not only content but truly happy to come into work.

ConsMaybe start stocking Dr. Pepper in the drink fridge? I really can't think of anything but there is a twenty word minimum.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lost that start up feeling. It's important that everyone knows each other and what all the departments do. Continue to be innovative and keep up the good work.

Great benefits, great compensation and you know you are part of something greater

Software Applications Developer (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsThe company invests in its workers, management is hands-on and involved, there is opportunity to travel (but, at least for developers, it is not necessary), every project you work on is important to the success of the company and your success with these projects is highly visible thanks to a great management team. On any given day I could run into our CEO and he will know what projects I am currently working on. The environment is fun and laid back, the company says things and actually follows through with them [e.g. catered lunches every Monday and Wednesday, all sorts of free drinks all day and every day (from sparkling water, red bull, v8, coffee, etc...), fresh fruit on Mondays and Wednesdays, breakfast on Fridays]. I wrote this review on my own accord and simply with the hope that it helps us attract more talented individuals to join, contribute and learn from/with an amazing community of people. I have worked for several companies including companies that have grown from millions to several billions of dollars during the time I was there. I have friends trying to pull me into consulting (which has been my goal since I started programming). This is the first place I have ever truly been happy and I hope to stay here for a while.

ConsIt's really difficult for me to say anything negative about Mimecast. It is not because I still work there, but honestly because I can not think of anything. I have since edited this review, but I previously had a note here on technical project management... however, that was something that was really quite specific to one of my projects and it involved working directly with a partner (Developers typically will not work directly with partners or clients on long term projects - we may, of course, be asked to join a meeting to gather requirements for an enhancement, brainstorm solutions to a client problem or non-standard request, etc...). Either way, the item I listed as a "con" has since been addressed and is no longer applicable :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing

Top Notch Company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsMimecast is a great place to work because of the people. Management cares about employees well-being and professional growth and support this belief with training and opportunities to advance when ready. The office is fun, lively and can be seen as work hard play hard. I am happy to work for such a great company with an awesome product.

ConsThe benefits are the area that I think are lacking, the medical and dental coverage is great but PTO and flex time could be improved as well as implementing some other perks. With this being said I have seen a noticeable change in management implementing new programs to address these issues as we now have free lunch a couple times a week and free breakfast!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! This is a great company with an excellent product that with your leadership will only continue to get better!

Don't expect to make a difference

Senior Technical Operations Engineer (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsLarge multi-continental network
    Start-up environment
    Good compensation package

Cons24x7 pager duty where you will be woken up each night to perform mundane tasks that can be automated
    No documentation of how to support the platform that you are responsible for
    Automation is frowned upon and not trusted
    Most developers and overseas Tech Ops are unhelpful and do not answer questions
    Extremely cliquey

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that you hire. What's the point of hiring a professional with experience and frowning upon thoughtful recommendations for improvement?

Amazing company culture!

Sales and Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) Johannesburg (South Africa)

ProsGreat company culture they really care and look after you! If you are into your health and fitness there are programms to support this.
    Socializing is greatly encouraged and company drinks are a regular thing.
    Great company to work for and very easy to grow and move positions internally.

ConsIf high performance and hectic targets are not for you, you and Mimecast wont be a good fit

Worked for Mimecast? Contribute to the Community!