Minacs Group (USA)

Minacs Group (USA) Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great organization to work for.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Flint, MI

ProsLots of potential for growth and advancement.

ConsNone with organization, Location in the winter was a little challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciated the opportunity to learn & grow.

I reported a threatening, potentially violent, toxic co-worker and as a result was fired

Technical Autmotive Consultant (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsIt was a reputable company until it's founder, Elaine Minacs, passed away. Her kids sold it to Aditya Birla who are in the process of running it into the ground. After that it's become a miserable place. Stay away.

ConsOver 8 years tenure in a call center environment, had established myself as one of the more knowledgeable people there. Reported a co-worker who was literally threatening to beat people up in the parking lot. Was fired as a result. Was never written up in over 8 years, was a "go to" person for many in the center, zero justification for their actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep on going to church and keep on feeling great about yourself: I know the truth and so do you. Many other people know what you really did, too. Your reputation will continue to suffer as a result of your actions.

Indian owned American subsidiary.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan't really think of any.

ConsAmerican management has very little say in the operation of the company. All decisions are made from Canada and India.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This call center has been the best I've ever worked for.

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) Warren, MI

ProsYou feel like you're part of a family. Management actually cares, not only about you as the advisor, but for the customers as well (Goes a long way for me). They do things to help keep the morale high. Activities, week long events etc.

ConsUnless you get promoted to a higher position or move to a higher department, your pay can cap out within a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of.

Great People

Call Center (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsPeople great everyone helps others.

ConsBenefits, Team Leads and pay not great. Only 5 paid holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management..who are you?

Great opportunities for advancement.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsMinacs offers a good salary, nice hours and lots of practical work experience. Farmington Hills office decor is very "polished".

ConsBenefit are very expensive (not competitive). Communication from management to workers is non-existent. Toxic co-workers are not dealt with very efficiently. Position titles are not consistent with industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate, communicate.

Not a Career, just a JOB!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsThe fellow employees are nice.

ConsSchedules change weekly, which is odd for a call center, unprofessional atmosphere, no structure, no room for growth, expensive benefits, no raises, lots of bureaucracy, only concerned with the client, no care for employees.

a changing company

Client Solutions (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood people who want to succeed

Conslack of leadership collaboration between operations and other departments

Advice to Senior Managementcreate a unified message that supports a growth path

Horrible company who treats their staff terribly

On Star Representative (Former Employee)

ProsNothing good to say at all, I guess it's better than no job

ConsExtreme micro-managing, stuffy cubicle type environment, no room for advancement, bullying & unsupported management, horrible life/work balance and bad pay.

Very poor environment for women

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility btwn work and life IF you have the right supervisor

ConsVery poor benefits (no or few sick days, depending on your department), no employee match on retirement, constant management turnover with women quickly being replaced by hand-picked male choices, poor communication of company direction, lack of creativity in management decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlienating women and American workers is poor management style which will come back to haunt you. Pick a direction and communicate it, and allow workers to be a part of the process.

Worked for Minacs Group (USA)? Contribute to the Community!