Minacs

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.7

Anil Bhalla

Pros
  • Whether intentionally or not, the company seemed to promote a health work / life balance (in 12 reviews)

• The company offers a very Good work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Almost half of team leaders are unskilled or under qualify (in 16 reviews)

• I felt as though I was chained to a desk having to be in a call center environment (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Unorganized

I worked at Minacs

Pros

Nice building
    Awesome Cafe
    Gym
    Nice area
    M-F
    Good for those who need the experience
    Benefits

Cons

Unorganized
    No solid knowledge of job
    Trainers didn't even know what they were doing
    Poor training. Full of taking notes. Nothing hands on. After training they put you on the floor and you were clueless as to what to do on a call.
    Other than it being M-F , the hours sucked.
    Very low pay for the work that you do.

Know how to actually DO the job before you try to get "trainers" to train.
    Raise the wages

Not bad

Current Employee - Payment Specialist - Money Transfer
    Current Employee - Payment Specialist - Money Transfer

I have been working at Minacs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, Hours, Routine Work, coaching, incentives, advancement opps

Cons

Mandatory holiday hrs for newbies, slow, low raises,

cut the favoritism

Not terrible if you work hard...

Former Employee - District Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - District Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Minacs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and employee benefits

Cons

Management expects a lot and is not very experienced at leading.

Hire leaders as managers.

It is what it is

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a career but an easy job. High turnover rate, and I left because like most I don't want to work in a call center forever, and found a better job. It's a fun environment, but sometimes stressful to maintain good numbers. Get to watch Netflix while you work!

Cons

Limited growth potential, and static salary.

Most of the management is actually pretty understanding.

Minacs Review - Pretty Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Legal CRM in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Legal CRM in Austin, TX

I worked at Minacs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

On average, all of my coworkers were very, very friendly. Not everybody was in "love" with their jobs, but everybody was at least enthusiastic about trying to do their jobs well. Also, the workload and hours felt very reasonable. Whether intentionally or not, the company seemed to promote a health work / life balance. The pay and compensation felt reasonable and appropriate.

Cons

Though i found the work itself to be engaging and compelling, some of my coworkers (though I would say a minority of them) found the work to be (at times) a little repetitive. Also, sometimes (not often, but sometimes) the office could be a little noisy. But nothing too bad. Overall, the company provided a healthy and productive work environment.

None, really. I guess I would advocate trying to keep the noise down a little bit, but I can't say it was a loud working environment very often (just every once in a while).

Employer freindly

I worked at Minacs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are happy with the Work Culture
    Scope to learn

Cons

Salary increments are less, most of the workers are underpaid
    Management

Keep in mind the current trends in the market

Its a nice place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Minacs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job is cool. The training went smoothly and was able to be used on the floor. Both interviews were very straight forward .

Cons

The scheduling is not the best and the hours change constantly. The breaks are short.

Interact more with the emlpyees

Popularity Contest!

Former Employee - Customer Care in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Warren, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited overtime. Easy calls. If you have a desire to move up, you can with hard work. And of course, sucking up.

Cons

This is for the OnStar contract:

MANDATORY overtime, sometimes 5-10 hours extra per week. This is on top of the already awful schedules you get, which are based on your call quality, customer service surveys, and sometimes (but rarely) seniority. My dept had about 50 people and if you were below the 3rd top ranking person, you'd get stuck with an awful schedule. An example of these "awful schedules" would be working 8am-noon. Having a 4 hour gap. Then coming back from 4pm-8pm. Not exactly an easy schedule for more working families!

Goals and metrics changing literally almost daily. You might be on top of your game and taking 100% calls, but then they change something dumb, like call scripting, and it can absolute devastate your scores.

You have to plan you 2 week vacations over a year in advance.

They have a ridiculous pay cap. 12.65/hr at MAX! Unless of course, you kiss butt and become a team leader which even that salary is a joke. Required to work mandatory OT and you salary at 31k.

BIG THING: BED BUGS!!! I found one myself, reported it to HR who told me to block off the desk area and someone would check it out. Next day, people were sitting there. No one checked it out. Disgusting place! Disgusting people!

Grow up and forget about popularity. Your management is full of gossipy, mean-spirited people who are literally looking for reasons to fire employees. You have complained about employee morale? You know what the problem is! I can't wait until Minacs loses it's OnStar contract! Maybe then people will start respecting the product!

Intro to Customer service

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Minacs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incentives for meeting metrics
    Overtime available
    Coaching until you become professional
    Looks good on resume
    Always hiring
    Low pay

Cons

will be put on a 30 to 60 day writeup for lates that occurred months ago.
    They will figure out a way not to give you unemployment
    High turn over rate
    Low tuition reimbursement

The office environment can be thick with gossip if your sleeping with co-workers

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! RUN FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warren, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The co-workers are friendly, and there are chances for OT, but as you will find out below, you do not want to be here.

Cons

Settle in and I'll tell you a real-life horror story that Hitchcock himself couldn't pen.

When I was hired into Minacs, the recruiter lied of many facets of the job. He said there would be plenty of chances for advancement, but this was an absolute farce. You are hired to take call after call after call, and that's it. God forbid you spend more than one minute in what they call "after call work". You'll get a team leader screaming at you to get back into ready.

I could go on and on, and tell you plenty of stories. But without ranting I will get into the reason why I was dismissed. The very first day we were told we could set up our direct deposit. I had all of my items ready, including my voided check. The premise is that we would get a $100 bonus if it was set up right away. I gave my items to the employer and waited to see what would happen.

As the months progressed, I forgot about it until December. I had come to find out that the bank would not honor the bonus, because the company took too much time to set up the direct deposit. It had taken them 73 DAYS TO SET IT UP!!!! When I asked a bank officer what had happened, she said that she had never witnessed something like this before, as even the United States Social Security only takes around two months. The bank officer told me the only explanation was absolute laziness on behalf of the employer.

When I brought this matter up to HR, they looked for any reason to fire me, including the two sick days that I had taken with a doctor's note some weeks before. The HR and upper management at this place is a complete and utter joke, and the only thing worse than their incompetence is the lax way they do their jobs.

Run away from this job. Wait and find something better. You'll thank yourself, trust me.

Fire all of HR and start over. Take an active approach to making the company better instead of harder to work for. Don't fire everyone for any reason you can think of. Good advisers don't grow on trees and are very difficult to replace. Either that, or go back to India because you won't have that contract too much longer.