Minacs Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
2.7

Anil Bhalla
1 Rating

Pros
  • good work life balance and offered price (in 10 reviews)

• The company offers a very Good work environment (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I felt as though I was chained to a desk having to be in a call center environment (in 10 reviews)

• The team leaders were incompetent (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Intro to Customer service

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Minacs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives for meeting metrics
    Overtime available
    Coaching until you become professional
    Looks good on resume
    Always hiring
    Low pay

Cons

will be put on a 30 to 60 day writeup for lates that occurred months ago.
    They will figure out a way not to give you unemployment
    High turn over rate
    Low tuition reimbursement

The office environment can be thick with gossip if your sleeping with co-workers

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! RUN FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warren, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time for less than a year

Pros

The co-workers are friendly, and there are chances for OT, but as you will find out below, you do not want to be here.

Cons

Settle in and I'll tell you a real-life horror story that Hitchcock himself couldn't pen.

When I was hired into Minacs, the recruiter lied of many facets of the job. He said there would be plenty of chances for advancement, but this was an absolute farce. You are hired to take call after call after call, and that's it. God forbid you spend more than one minute in what they call "after call work". You'll get a team leader screaming at you to get back into ready.

I could go on and on, and tell you plenty of stories. But without ranting I will get into the reason why I was dismissed. The very first day we were told we could set up our direct deposit. I had all of my items ready, including my voided check. The premise is that we would get a $100 bonus if it was set up right away. I gave my items to the employer and waited to see what would happen.

As the months progressed, I forgot about it until December. I had come to find out that the bank would not honor the bonus, because the company took too much time to set up the direct deposit. It had taken them 73 DAYS TO SET IT UP!!!! When I asked a bank officer what had happened, she said that she had never witnessed something like this before, as even the United States Social Security only takes around two months. The bank officer told me the only explanation was absolute laziness on behalf of the employer.

When I brought this matter up to HR, they looked for any reason to fire me, including the two sick days that I had taken with a doctor's note some weeks before. The HR and upper management at this place is a complete and utter joke, and the only thing worse than their incompetence is the lax way they do their jobs.

Run away from this job. Wait and find something better. You'll thank yourself, trust me.

Fire all of HR and start over. Take an active approach to making the company better instead of harder to work for. Don't fire everyone for any reason you can think of. Good advisers don't grow on trees and are very difficult to replace. Either that, or go back to India because you won't have that contract too much longer.

CSR

I worked at Minacs

Pros

Fun place to work
    Good pay
    Work for the call center department for Netflix-FREE netflix

Cons

The people that call you are dumb. that is the nicest thing I can say about them, most of your calls will be why is it asking me to log in when they log themselves out, and I forgot my password so its your fault.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible management

Current Employee - Tech Support  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Minacs full-time for less than a year

Pros

The position was very easy to comprehend. Most coaches were easy to speak to.

Cons

Management did not understand how to be a leader and lacked the communication to do so.

Communication is key towards better success

Call director

Current Employee - Call Director  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Call Director in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Minacs full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a fun environment, you get incentive from sales of the most AppleCare I'm a month. Good hours if you sale AppleCare

Cons

Change policy every few months. You have to sale a lot of AppleCare to get the schedule you want

Work on communication skills.

Good

Current Employee - Customer Care Advisor  in  Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Warren, MI

I have been working at Minacs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours are good for me

Cons

Not receiving a good incentive in pay

None

It was good

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Netflix overtime offered regularly

Cons

Not paid much inflexible scheduling

Low Pay For All The Work You Do

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn new applications and programs for customer service
    Able to 'try out' different roles if there is need
    Weekly pay

Cons

Does not have consistent and accurate timekeeping in place
    No room for advancement
    Low Pay. I was paid $11 an hour but others hired after me was at least around $8.50

I reported a toxic, violent co-worker and as a direct result, was fired. Avoid at all costs.

Former Employee - Technical Automotive Consultant  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Automotive Consultant in Southfield, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It was a reputable company until Elaine Minacs, the founder, passed away. Her kids then sold it to Aditya Birla who is in the process of running it into the ground, and transforming formerly good USA call centers into miserable sweat shops where nobody knows what they're talking about (but they can sure answer the phone quick). As a result, their reputation gets worse every day. Certain Canadians like to pretend they still run the company but they don't other than chest thumping and egos. It is an out of control business with an absentee owner, only concerned with phone system metrics. There's no place for folks with real knowledge or capability. Stay away.

Cons

They have no method of dealing with toxic personalities or potentially violent situations, and claim to have no control over the parking lot of their own facilities which is comical. Over 8 years tenure, considered a go-to person in my area, had tons of accumulated knowledge shared freely with anyone whenever needed asking nothing in return, then I did exactly what the employee handbook says to do: I reported a co-worker who was threatening to beat people up in the parking lot. I was then branded a complainer and fired as a direct result. Their excuse was an email violation (because I emailed a request for help) . 100% unethical, 100% wrong, and they know it. Stay away!

HR-keep on going to church and keep trying to feel good about yourself. I know what you REALLY did, I know what really happened. You're getting a little up there in years to not be able to apply simple concepts like ETHICS and FAIRNESS, aren't you? Maybe try asking for forgiveness at your church....you aren't going to get it from me. Canadian Management-You are a JOKE, what you do is less than meaningless. India management: Just collecting money, no real idea what happens stateside. All in all: a disaster.

Great Stepping Stone - Western Union

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Minacs full-time for less than a year

Pros

You acquire skills that can take you to the next level in your career.

Cons

Prepare to suffer if you plan on staying here permanently. Management is sub par...unless you have a great Team Leader

You guys really need to work on communicating a little bit better with staff as well as each other. How can you expect the employees to treat the customer right if you can't even treat them like they're YOUR employee.

Worked for Minacs? Contribute to the Community!