Mind Over Machines

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Tom Loveland

Excellent and Ideal Workplace

(Current Employee)

ProsAs an intern, this is exactly the type of work and office setting that I was looking to work in and I've really enjoyed my time here so far.

Excellent work-life balance
    "Open door policy"- all the employees are friendly and willing to talk & help one another
    Great company and office culture- Professional but relaxed
    Everyone loves the work they do and enjoys a challenge
    Employees are given independence to work on what they need
    Management is always helpful and available without micromanaging

ConsI haven't seen any problems here. It seems as if problems do arise, the management team would be completely open to talking about it and fixing it.

Great Development Environment

Developer (Current Employee)
    Owings Mills, MD

ProsThis is the type of work environment I had hoped to be in when considering a career as a web developer. The other employees are interested in their work and new technologies. Management is interested in seeing their employees progress. I learned a lot. The location is great. The facilities are nice. Great work-life balance.

ConsI had a very good experience with my time at Mind Over Machines and I am a better developer for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer your employees opportunities based on their interests and experience outside of their current position.

Forward thinking energetic exciting work place

ProsInvests in employees
    Willing to try new things
    Interesting projects
    Great work life balance
    Long history
    Willing to fail and evolve to move on
    Constantly trying to improve

ConsThe entrepreneurial spirit requires one to be very self-starting.
    Those wishing only to be cogs may find their jobs are not so narrowly defined.
    The diversity of projects requires constant learning of new technologies and methodologies

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrific culture and interesting work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment, great people, interesting work, managers are engaged with employees and truly care about your experience. "Open door" policy - managers solicit your feedback and act upon it.

ConsI am leaving Mind Over Machines with a very positive vibe. I cannot think of a negative expereince to share. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Big head laden with small mind

(Current Employee)

Prosgood location
    good office facilities
    flexibility regarding personal matters
    occasional interesting project

ConsThe headline summarizes it - bloated management layer with narrow vision. Makes one wonder if there's anyone among the management whose interests extend beyond their own advantage. Lack of respect and lack of competent leadership provides for the environment that is often insulting to a professional. They will spend hours preaching the semantics of words such as value and quality, but in the end they will suppress any initiative from within that would suggest improvement thereof, as if threatened by it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long thorough look at where the company is headed and start relying on decisions of those whom you hire to do the job. If you can't tolerate the initiative from people who knows how to do things right, then junior personnel is the only material that you can work with, but for that you don't have anyone to lead them in the right direction.

Management heavy (handed)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Owings Mills, MD

ProsAs work place this company has a very diverse team and can have some potentially interesting projects. The energy of the workplace can at time be exhilarating.

ConsThe ratio employees managers is rather low, making it very top heavy company. Some managers display no respect whatsoever towards their employees and place their own personal gain before the company's. The company's energy comes mostly from the hard work of the employees but creativity is not encouraged leading to many senior employees leaving the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen your employees: they are the ones actually doing the work and more often than not have wonderful ideas that could increase your customer base.

Company Experience

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

Pros-Good holidays
    -Good people to work around
    -Good environment. Employees are good and cooperative with each other. So finding good friends.

Cons-Pay raise problems as it always
    -Negotiation in starting
    -Implementing new offers and bonuses are pending. So would be better to improve these.

Advice to Senior Management-Average salary would make employees happy in their life. Below average would make an employee stressful in his or her life.

Worked for Mind Over Machines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mind Over Machines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mind Over Machines CEO Tom Loveland . All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Mind Over Machines employees.