Mind Over Machines

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
4.0

Tom Loveland

Awesome Place to Work with great people, developing great projects with newer technology

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Mind Over Machines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mind Over Machines is composed of smart, dedicated people that want to see every employee succeed, which in turn helps the company succeed. If any questions should arise, all teammates will answer them quickly and honestly.The projects are interesting and very innovative.

Upper management is always willing to listen to employees and want feedback about what is working within the company. In addition, they also want to know what can we change, and what can be work on to make the company a fantastic place to work.The CEO, Tom Loveland, is fantastic, caring, and wants his employees to feel valued.

I have been in the business for over 10 years and this is one of the best technology companies I have ever worked for.

Cons

Honestly I haven't found anything negative yet. Management bends over backwards to keep you happy.

Keep doing what your doing

Excellent and Ideal Workplace

I have been working at Mind Over Machines as an intern

Pros

As an intern, this is exactly the type of work and office setting that I was looking to work in and I've really enjoyed my time here so far.

Excellent work-life balance
    "Open door policy"- all the employees are friendly and willing to talk & help one another
    Great company and office culture- Professional but relaxed
    Everyone loves the work they do and enjoys a challenge
    Employees are given independence to work on what they need
    Management is always helpful and available without micromanaging

Cons

I haven't seen any problems here. It seems as if problems do arise, the management team would be completely open to talking about it and fixing it.

Great Development Environment

Current Employee - Developer in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Developer in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Mind Over Machines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the type of work environment I had hoped to be in when considering a career as a web developer. The other employees are interested in their work and new technologies. Management is interested in seeing their employees progress. I learned a lot. The location is great. The facilities are nice. Great work-life balance.

Cons

I had a very good experience with my time at Mind Over Machines and I am a better developer for it.

Continue to offer your employees opportunities based on their interests and experience outside of their current position.

Forward thinking energetic exciting work place

I have been working at Mind Over Machines full-time

Pros

Invests in employees
    Willing to try new things
    Interesting projects
    Great work life balance
    Long history
    Willing to fail and evolve to move on
    Constantly trying to improve

Cons

The entrepreneurial spirit requires one to be very self-starting.
    Those wishing only to be cogs may find their jobs are not so narrowly defined.
    The diversity of projects requires constant learning of new technologies and methodologies

Terrific culture and interesting work!

I worked at Mind Over Machines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment, great people, interesting work, managers are engaged with employees and truly care about your experience. "Open door" policy - managers solicit your feedback and act upon it.

Cons

I am leaving Mind Over Machines with a very positive vibe. I cannot think of a negative expereince to share. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Big head laden with small mind

I have been working at Mind Over Machines

Pros

good location
    good office facilities
    flexibility regarding personal matters
    occasional interesting project

Cons

The headline summarizes it - bloated management layer with narrow vision. Makes one wonder if there's anyone among the management whose interests extend beyond their own advantage. Lack of respect and lack of competent leadership provides for the environment that is often insulting to a professional. They will spend hours preaching the semantics of words such as value and quality, but in the end they will suppress any initiative from within that would suggest improvement thereof, as if threatened by it.

Take a long thorough look at where the company is headed and start relying on decisions of those whom you hire to do the job. If you can't tolerate the initiative from people who knows how to do things right, then junior personnel is the only material that you can work with, but for that you don't have anyone to lead them in the right direction.

Management heavy (handed)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Mind Over Machines

Pros

As work place this company has a very diverse team and can have some potentially interesting projects. The energy of the workplace can at time be exhilarating.

Cons

The ratio employees managers is rather low, making it very top heavy company. Some managers display no respect whatsoever towards their employees and place their own personal gain before the company's. The company's energy comes mostly from the hard work of the employees but creativity is not encouraged leading to many senior employees leaving the company.

Listen your employees: they are the ones actually doing the work and more often than not have wonderful ideas that could increase your customer base.

Company Experience

Current Employee - Database Administrator
    Current Employee - Database Administrator

I have been working at Mind Over Machines

Pros

-Good holidays
    -Good people to work around
    -Good environment. Employees are good and cooperative with each other. So finding good friends.

Cons

-Pay raise problems as it always
    -Negotiation in starting
    -Implementing new offers and bonuses are pending. So would be better to improve these.

-Average salary would make employees happy in their life. Below average would make an employee stressful in his or her life.

Mind Over Machines Photos