MindLeaders

Add Photos

MindLeaders CEO Brendan O'Sullivan

Brendan O'Sullivan

Great People

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThe people were great to work with

ConsDevelopment cycle length of getting new product to market

Advice to Senior Managementenjoy the journey

Great work hard, play hard mentality!

Dublin, OH

ProsEveryone is dedicated and involved in their jobs and the overall culture of the company. Company and team retreats on a frequent basis. Entertaining parties and competitions for special occasions/holidays. Good benefits. Great people to work for/with. Challenging and stimulating environment. Flexible hours. Work from home opportunities.

ConsThe pay is low relative to similar companies in the area, but the atmosphere and benefits compensate for the low pay. The company was acquired and disbanded in 2012.

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment, caring people, lots of fun

ConsWell... getting bought by Skillsoft

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were the best part of the company. Hard working and willing to help one another. Some amazing work was completed. Customers were treated well and the staff went out of their way to assist them in any way they could.

ConsThe company had continued to fall behind and more was continually done with less. As the team size shrunk, the amount of work continued at the previous pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementMindLeaders is gone, but remember the lessons learned.

Although they have been acquired by another company, MindLeaders was a superb place to work.

Dublin, OH

ProsThe company, culture, and management were amazing.

ConsThe salary was a bit below average, but the experience and culture made up for everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice! This company was the best company I've ever worked with.

Great Company; Great Culture

Dublin, OH

ProsTeam environment of employees and work and play hard. Very relaxed culture, in terms of dress code and room for creativity. Talented and drive people. Most members of upper management seem to genuinely care about employees.

ConsEmphasis on getting projects done quickly, but not always effectively. Tendency to chase new products and features, without giving proper attention to existing products and features. Enjoyed working for the company, until I was put under management of an individual with no management experience and poor relational leadership skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't hire anymore manager that don't have experience and, if you do, make sure they have someone to properly coach them. Focus on improving or fixing existing products, in addition to pursuing or developing new products.

Loved the work and my co-workers, but the manager and leads in the courseware department are not up to the job.

Text Developer (Former Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsThe casual work culture is great, the work is interesting, most of the people are wonderful, decent money.

ConsWhen it comes to text development, you are judged solely on how fast you turn courses around; the quality of your work is meaningless to these people. The manager, some of the leads, and the editor in the department are rude and insulting to others and frankly, are not cut out for supervisory positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease base decisions on who to put into supervisory/lead positions on professionalism, proven supervisory success and emotional maturity.

Great place to work

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsGreat environment and fun place to work. Work hard play hard mentality. Flexible with schedules and values family but expects you to do your job by working it in. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Consnone that I can think of.

Great small company to work for if you're not looking to break the bank

Sales (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsA great, close-knit happy group of people to work with. Also, they made remote reps really feel like part of the culture. Events were fun, top performers were made to feel like superstars.

ConsMoney. This is a sales job where you are selling large, multi-year deals and the compensation is A. weak, and B. not distinguished enough between the people who do well and those who don't. Plus, I felt like when they hired me they exaggerated the numbers more than every sales job I had...as in, most people sell X. Shame on me for not checking it out myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your reps best interestes in mind when you make decisions, not your own.

A great company

Uxbridge, England (UK)

ProsGreat people and lots of fun

ConsInternal politics could be challenging

Worked for MindLeaders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MindLeaders reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MindLeaders CEO Brendan O'Sullivan . All 14 reviews posted anonymously by MindLeaders employees.