MindShare

MindShare Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

MindShare CEO Nick Emery

Nick Emery

Pros
  • Great company, great people, interesting clients and enthusiastic young people(in 10 reviews)

• it was a truly wonderful work environment with a fun and accepting team(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary, long hours, poor work life balance, under appreciated by superiors, over worked and over scoped across multiple areas(in 5 reviews)

• Long hours, stressed, tight deadlines and demanding clients(in 5 reviews)

At forefront of innovation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, great resources, actively trying to improve their offering

ConsHiring practices, left jobs open for too long

Good people, Below average work place

Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosnone really, I've realized now that every office has its share of great people, so that is never a reason to work anywhere in my honest opinion. Didn't really learn anything apart from the entry level basics for media data sources, which you would have to learn anywhere.

ConsWork hours were really poor, I had to work with a media team in L.A and about 90% of the time they didn't care that I was 3 hours ahead of them, so getting a request at 6:00 pm (even Friday) was pretty normal, which would lead to a post 8:00 pm departure. I was working on contract but was not allowed to file more than 40 hours (as I was told initially), however I found out other people in my situation actually were getting paid overtime. When I asked for some form of compensation for 300+ hours of overtime, I was given a week where I could do 20 hours and still get paid for 40. In simpler terms, they gave me 20 free hours which is worth about 13 overtime hours, so they compensated me for about 4% of my time, despite having logs of my time sheets.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one is going to value the "learning curve" when they can work part time anywhere else and earn more, you have to step into the shoes of a recent graduate, it doesn't make the experience worth it, I'm sure it's a great place to be once you've made your way up the ladder, but once I left for another firm, I realized how much better the structure is to actually go up. My advice to people looking to start out, work at a smaller firm and really learn your work.

Spread thin, under appreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLax environment, company perks, events.

ConsLow salary, long hours, poor work life balance, under appreciated by superiors, over worked and over scoped across multiple areas

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work life balance and retain talent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I Interned at Mindshare in Chicago last summer and loved the people and culture. Their intern program was amazing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere are some very knowledgeable individuals at Mindshare who are willing to share pass along their expertise to those they work with. Fun and upbeat culture.

ConsWould have liked to see more cross-functional team work on a day-to-day basis to ensure a more cohesive client strategy.

No Growth Structure in Place

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat, friendly, people
    Ability to talk to and work with people on all levels
    Prestigious Clients

ConsNo structure for career growth (mentors, set review times, pay for performance, promotion, salary, or bonus schedule)
    Under appreciated & overworked
    Work 9 to 11 hours regularly
    No real skills to learn and increase knowledge base
    Open office leads to high school style drama (noisy, gossipy, distracting)
    Super High turnover (because they dont pay $$$)
    Can make more money in food service industry

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in compensation structure. Even if you pay peanuts, there should be set up times for reviews, promotions (either you get one or you don't but your told every x months/years), raises.

Nice work/life balance, low pay, cliquey

Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- nice life / work balance for entry level
    - perks (parties, events, goodies, food) are nice

Cons- cliquey
    - pay is too low for someone to survive in a city like NY
    - no growth opportunities
    - transferring to other departments is difficult
    - happy to have entry level people at the same level

Advice to Senior Management- needs to put in place a training program for specific accounts, instead of having a general "know the company" training.
    - needs to foster a more collaborative environment within different teams

Great company, very low starting salary

Associate, Digital Analytics (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company, great people, interesting clients and enthusiastic young people.

Consvery low pay, lots of hours

Great Internship

Consumer Insights Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWell structured program with very knowledgable mentors

ConsNone that I can think of

Great experience, subpar pay

Senior Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAmazing teams that's genuinely work great together
    Cool office atmosphere and decorations, named best in Atlanta
    Fantastic start to career in media

ConsPay is sub par, therefore a lot of good talent ends up leaving for money elsewhere
    Have to speak up for promotions, work might not get recognized otherwise

Advice to Senior ManagementCompliment your teams when a great job is done. A little goes a long way.
    Make sure to offer better deals to best talent to prevent them from going elsewhere, don't d it once they already have another offer.

Welcoming Environment

ProsEasy to get adjusted and industry leader in media, especially with their focus on digital and analytics.

ConsLow starting salary makes leaving the company easy for starting employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the future of your company with higher starting salaries.

Worked for MindShare? Contribute to the Community!