Mindlance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Vikram Kalra

Pros
  • Very fair when it comes to work/life balance and even working remotely when necessary (in 3 reviews)

• Great work culture & flexibility (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No get-together or parties arranged for full time employees during Christmas holiday season (in 3 reviews)

• Health Insurance cost for employee is very high especially since last 2-3 years (in 3 reviews)

Big on teamwork & Fantastic coworkers

Current Employee - Office Staff in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Office Staff in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mindlance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accessible and friendly leadership. Everyone always works together as a team. Input is valued from all levels. The company is growing quickly, which provides a sense of security. Mindlance has a great team of friendly and hardworking employees. Flexibility when it comes to work/life balance. Very fair management.

Cons

Compensation is on the lower end for internal administrative positions, especially when considering the effort and caliber of work which is put out frequently. Since the company has been growing at such an exponential rate, it is hard to keep up in terms of changes, policies, procedures, etc.

Advice to Management

More focus on branding and marketing would be great, but otherwise- keep up the good work!

Payroll service...little more.

Current Contractor - Staff IT Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Staff IT Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mindlance as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to get a foot in the door at Qualcomm, Mindlance is one of the preferred contract houses along with Manpower. They provide decent healthcare provider (AETNA) and usually pay ontime.

Cons

Little sense of company pride/team, virtually no communications from corporate beyond onboarding process. They tried to low-ball me on rate---yeah, thanks for my 2 years of service only 3 months prior. Any communication with corporate disappears into a black hole. If your contract ends, you're on your own.

Advice to Management

To her credit, Jennifer in SD tried to make Manpower feel more like they cared/valued contractors. I'm guessing corporate thwarted this effort. Mindlance is in it for the money, which is their right.

FYI - Mindlance, Inc. has filed 294 labor condition applications for H1B visa and 29 labor certifications for green card from fiscal year 2011 to 2013. Mindlance was ranked 480 among all visa sponsors. Please note that 9 LCA for H1B Visa and 9 LC for green card have been denied or withdrawn during the same period.

Mindlance Response

Dec 10, 2014Human Resource

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our employees, past or present, about their experience with us. If you would care to share more information about your experience or ... More

Not a good recruiter , not a good follow up , not a good company

Current Contractor - Server Architect in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Server Architect in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mindlance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

they call and give you a sense of a top job, top pay , and promise you heaven.

Cons

once they gather all the personal information and waste your time, they disappear and wont even reply to my inquiry.

Advice to Management

get better English speaking reps , train them on following up, train them to read the resume first before contacting candidates.

Mindlance Response

Aug 28, 2014Human Resource

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback regarding your experience with Mindlance. My name is Athena Rodriguez and I work in the HR Department based out of our San Diego office.

As a
    ... More

5. Quickly growing staffing agency- lots of room to grow

Current Employee - Office Worker in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Office Worker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mindlance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is lots of autonomy and management allows you to take initiative and expand your role/duties. Very fair when it comes to work/life balance and even working remotely when necessary. Benefits are provided and PTO for me, is good. Lots of U.S. locations and coworkers are very friendly, welcoming & a diverse group of people

Cons

Training is difficult since processes depend on clients and is different for everyone. Cubicle office environment which sometimes feels like a fish bowl since we can hear everyone. Company is growing so rapidly that they need to reinvest (people/process) to accommodate and make sure to keep quality staff.

Advice to Management

The business has been focused on clients, I think it's time to focus on employees and creating a great company culture.

6. Good Consulting company to work with

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mindlance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sponsor H1B visa. Employee friendly.

Cons

Not much benefits. Very less number of clients.

7. Good company to work for

Current Contractor - Software Engineer Test in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer Test in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mindlance as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Professional Company, with no hassles

Cons

Most jobs are Contract jobs with the client company

RSS Feed </> Embed