Mindshare Reviews

Reset
3.8
Mindshare CEO Nick Emery
Nick Emery

Pros
  • The work environment was very professional definitely way above average, one of the best (in 13 reviews)

• Great people to work with, real visionaries (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • last minutes project and long hours (in 9 reviews)

• Low salary, long hours, poor work life balance, under appreciated by superiors, over worked and over scoped across multiple areas (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Progressive, leading media agency.

Former Employee - Digital Media Planner in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Digital Media Planner in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mindshare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to start early on in your career, or straight out of school. Clear career progression. Easy to move up ladder quickly if you do well. Great opportunities for working abroad as well.

Cons

May be a challenge for more mature or older persons, due to the youth culture dominating the agency. Introverts may also have a hard time. It's a place where the bold and extroverted have a leg up.

Advice to Management

Not too much to improve. Curb the cliques and favoritism. Lota of cery young people becoming managers who've never managed before. Management training is essential.

Apr 7, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Agree that we are a company where we want people with an opinion and people that fit to our culture of teamwork, speed and provocation. Also agree with your ... More

2. Data Bytes Internship Program

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Friendly, energetic, professional, room to improve, good environment

Cons

slow at times, too relaxed, hard to get noticed, hours

Advice to Management

Good job as managers, internship is still growing so has a few rooms for improvement

Aug 28, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

Thanks for this review. This internship program is important to us, so appreciate your comments. Hope you have shared with the program team as well so we can make the next Data Bytes even better.

3. Great Company

I have been working at Mindshare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros: Culture, Work/Life Balance, Management

Cons

none that come to mind

Jul 19, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

Thanks for your review of us. Seems we are doing a good job for you :-) Anyway, let us know if you can think of anything we can do better along your career.

5. Media Manager

I have been working at Mindshare full-time

Pros

First agency with a work life balance I have ever worked at

Cons

Often put in a box

Jul 19, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

It was good you take the time to review Mindshare. Great you will find a good place to work and let us know if you can think of anything we need to change or add to make us even better.

6. A fantastic place to start out

Current Employee - Manager in London, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in London, OH

I have been working at Mindshare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes it feels like you are still at university since they put so much emphasis on your development and training, I think that is a really a fortunate position to be in when starting out. It is also a really nice place to work, I've never had a negative encounter with anybody across the entire network. It's the first place I've worked in media but I get the feeling it's a special place.

Cons

I understand the salaries at Mindshare aren't the best in the industry, but when you're starting out the access to training and a nice working environment and culture are far more important.

Advice to Management

Junior members of the company could be moved around accounts more frequently - it would improve development and keep us motivated!

Jul 19, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

Thanks for the review and good to hear your positive comments and advice to the us. That is spot on and the talent community is working on some initiatives to stimulate mobility across the network ... More

Associate

Pros

The people who i work with are amazing

Cons

Everything is wonderful, just hard to meet other teams not on your floor

Jul 20, 2015 – Global Talent Leader

Thanks for writing this review. Helpful and understand the challenge of teamwork and even a floor can be a challenge, and for sure when we have to work with our 7000 people in more than ... More

8. Okay, definitely room for improvement.

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Mindshare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Generous time off (holidays, vacation, sick, Summer Frydays, week between Christmas and New Years). * Ability to work with some great brands * Free coffee/cappuccino/latte machines (when they work). * Leftover food from meetings are constantly available.

Cons

* Office space is crammed, however soon to change when all GroupM companies move to WTC. * Promotions and raises are a challenge to get approved to reward your staff leading to valuable team members jumping ship. * "Office Politics" can be a common challenge depending on the account and team. * Some offices outside of NYC can be difficult depending on the account. * Tons of turnover no matter the account, team or division. * Salaries are LOW for Associates/Sr. Associates. * Open office concept and lack of physical offices/meeting rooms make impromptu team meetings and/or privacy a challenge.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain the best talent, push changes at the GroupM/WPP level to ensure promotions and raises are readily available without having to jump through hoops. Otherwise, be prepared to lose solid employees to competitors or just better opportunities.

9. Global network

Current Employee - Head of Department in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Head of Department in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mindshare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well connected worldwide, good interaction and teamwork spirit.

Cons

The top management is really smart and visionary

Advice to Management

Add more agility, pay better to talent and integrate more tools to help employees be more efficient

10. Work flow is a roller coaster, but good people

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mindshare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership who is moving the company in the right direction challenging employees to be smarter in buying, more efficient, and always pushing the limits to go beyond industry standards.

Cons

Long hours and heavy workload will occasionally feel like the teams are understaffed. Also, workload doesn't feel completely compensated relative to pay

11. Wonderful Opportunity/Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Planner, Digital in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Planner, Digital in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mindshare full-time

Pros

-Great co-workers -Great career growth potential - Fun and laid back environment -Constant training sessions -Nice office -Fun work -Work in teams -Lots of free lunches and work events -Great benefits/perks Everyone is open to help and give advice. Very friendly and professional environment, Many career opportunities. Company cares about the happiness of their employees.

Cons

Compensation is slightly below average for some positions

RSS Feed </> Embed