Mindspeed

www.mindspeed.com

Mindspeed Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2014
Mindspeed – Newport Beach – “Mindspeed East Tower”

Mindspeed – Newport Beach – “Mindspeed East Tower”

Mindspeed CEO and Director Raouf Y. Halim

Raouf Y. Halim

Good working environment

Intern (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFriendly working environment. Flexible working hours.

ConsToo lay-back. Not sure how it is after acquired by Macom.

"Go nohwere company"

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsPay and benefit were OK and really nice and bright people worked there

ConsPoor management: very short term driven and obvious lack of interest in people

Advice to Senior ManagementGood technologies and reach IP portfolio. Latest buy out is good opportunity for remaining people, products and IP

Started off well until they started closing offices, laying off personnel and give the remaining personnel more work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt first it looked that Mindspeed had some really great technologies and the people to work with all worked hard and got along.

ConsUpper management did not have a good plan for the future of the company but they continued to give them selves large raises, bonuses and stock options.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more for the company for the long term plan.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsQuality people and culture, dedicated management team.

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you

No advancement opportunities

Engineer (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsThe only pros are some (not all) good people that work there and the work environment

ConsLong hours, no advancement opportunities of any kind, bad management, no vision, low morale among the employees, no incentives other then stock options that are worthless, everyone just does the minimum that's required, no sense of community.The majority of company was sold MACOM, hopefully they will do a better job on the above mentioned points for the remaining of the employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen, build goodwill and profit sharing for everyone not just yourselves! example: If you say WE need to start cutting expenses don't give yourselves a bonus. Treat your core employees better then your VPs because if wasn't for them there wouldn't be any products to sell!

Zombie land - no quality control, no methodology, and nobody cared.

ASIC Engineer (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsThere were some descent, competent employees working at Mindspeed.

ConsThe ASIC development team was completely directionless and disorganized. Shocking lack of attention to detail. Management is stuck in the past. No methodology. Management lacks understanding of the complexities of modern 100+ million gate chip design and verification. They believe that you can build a complex chip with a skeleton team and no methodology. Utilization of entry level engineers in India.

Advice to Senior ManagementPointless to offer advice. They wouldn't listen.

Horrific Management, No one has any trust whatsoever

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsGood benefits, great healthcare plan

ConsCronic layoffs, abusive treatment, layoff threats, only one merit increase every 3-5 years, no stock or bonuses (only for upper management)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds a total management makeover but the cash burn makes this unlikely

Worst CEO and BoD imaginable; Pervasive 1%/99% Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsGood folks in worker-bee roles.

ConsCulture of threats and bullying.
    Miracles are demanded yet resources are abysmal.
    New ideas don't get implemented due to budget constraints
    No transparency if you are not CEO staff
    Zero regard for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementResign...

Execution Challenges

ProsA group of talented engineers who can work on product execution and issue resolution

Consstrategy not proper and limited resource

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest properly on right markets per its limited resource

Tragic waste of potential, squandered by appalling management

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsGreat technology
    The people "in the trenches" are very friendly & smart
    The weather in NPB is lovely
    Relatively little politiucs amongst peers

ConsAbsolutely appalling management, among the worst I have ever encountered.
    Complete absence of strategy and minimal plans. As a result a lot of confusion, random changes of direction and very stressful sudden urgent deadlines.
    A strong culture of blame, shouting and bullying from the top down.
    Very poor communication.
    Shareprice, revenue & profit all declining.
    No co-operation or communication between groups: they might as well be different companies. No product line synergy or coherent planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of the shareholders: retire & hire better replacements

Worked for Mindspeed? Contribute to the Community!