Mindtree

Mindtree Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Mindtree CEO & Managing Director Krishnakumar Natarajan

Krishnakumar Natarajan

Pros
  • work life balance work life balancework life balancework life balance(in 118 reviews)

• Good opportunities, Good projects and a good work culture(in 86 reviews)

Cons
  • Your take home will be so less compared to other companies(in 43 reviews)

• very very less salary compared to Industry standards(in 37 reviews)

Good Work Environment, Poor Upper-Level Management and Salary

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsModern Scrum approach to projects. Great environment, especially with the brainstorming dry-erase walls. All of the technical employees were a pleasure to work with. Good place start as an entry-level employee.

ConsSome upper-level management does not have the necessary technical background to manage projects in a competitive tech market. Too many restrictive corporate rules. Compensation is too low and refuse to compete with wages if told that the potential hire has a counter-offer from a different company.

Clients...Stay away from Mindtree

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

Prosyou get to interface with multiple clients and customers but that's expected for companies that work in consulting.

ConsThey has no consideration for people with family. They aren't flexible and they are lacking in knowledge base. Very dishonest company and i would stay away from doing business with them. I dont like how they treat their clients.

Advice to Senior Managementhire experienced individuals and stop lying to the clients about mindtree employees skills and qualifications. The only reason i'm still working here is because there isn't much IT work around my area.

Not Suitable for working professionals with family

ProsGood for only freshers

ConsNot Suitable for working professionals with family
    Not flexible working hours
    very less salary and hikes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was good learning curve

ProsBest for interns as we can get a lot to learn

ConsNot flexible working environment there

Good Place to work

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood projects, training, and policies

ConsSo many managers. Pyramid shape is not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the unwanted managers. or hire lot of freshers to improve the shape. (growing older and doing the same work will not make a manager)

Great Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeam is made up of engineers having different exp

ConsAllocation of projects may become late

Not much opportunity and not Employee friendly as heard about it 2 years back

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat work culture, one can have better work-life balance,

ConsSalary, not much opportunity, longer bench period, no suitable roles which is an impediment to the career progression

Advice to Senior ManagementReducing salary will not generate revenues or profits, think long term and have stronger Sales and Business Managers. If Managers are not able to get revenues, please do not try to take away or reduce benefits to compensate those. That only aggravate the situation.

Test Specialist

Test Specialist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsTop management cares for your professional development if you are honest with your work.Open to feedback.

ConsYou feel a bit disconnected with the organization at onsite .

Mindtree is an Indian company, only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Technical staff, lots of opportunity

ConsVery poor management. inexperienced and immature managers promoted over senior 20+year professionals from US. Company clearly biased toward employees of Indian heritage. Company hires senior, experienced US based talent to improve both internal practices, grow business, and improve management skills, but consistently drives experienced hires out of the company....I have witnessed 3 generations of this behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop discriminatory practices, LISTEN to your employees,

Ok-dokie

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to learn, and friendly folks (esp. the ones who have been there long)

ConsWith the opening of US development center, a lot of work being done in Bangalore is being sold as done in Gainesville. This has led to taking away credit from the good employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to avoid unnecessary competition within company

Worked for Mindtree? Contribute to the Community!