Ministry of the Attorney General

Not yet rated.

Ministry of the Attorney General Attorney General Madeleine Meilleur

Madeleine Meilleur

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

as a freelance court interpreter: I get booked once a blue moon

Court Interpreter (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosas a court interpreter, with 20 years of experience I get booked for assignments only once in a blue moon. For example, at 1000 Finch Ave West, my home base court, I get booked 3 -4 times per year.
    From the other criminal courts: 3-6times per year ( 3-6 times per year including all the following :2201 Finch, Old City Hall and Scarborough). Even the best interpreter, if she/he does not use it, she/he loses it. Luckily, I take my time to review now and then, even if there is no work for many days each month.

Consyou depend on interpreter's coordinators to give you assignments.
    They suppose to distribute work among the interpreters, but it is not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a Quality Assurance Supervisor for freelance court interpreters, but not for interpreters coordinators. No one is supervising court interpreter's coordinators, thus, if they like you, they will call you. this is valid for matters such as : to set a date, bail hearings, to be spoken to, pre-trials, and other.

Worked for Ministry of the Attorney General? Contribute to the Community!