Minneapolis Community & Technical College

Minneapolis Community & Technical College Reviews

Updated Feb 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

This college is a place that has honed my skills as a vibrant, creative, and student centered instructor.

Adjunct Teacher (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Minneapolis Community & Technical College part-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome of the best reasons to work at MCTC are the diverse student body, the location, and the flexibility.

ConsAs an adjunct instructor, I have sought the full time status to no avail. I have been there so long, that I wish that my part-time status might be transformed into a full time one.

A great place for a blue-collar worker.

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Minneapolis Community & Technical College full-time

ProsUnion respresentation. Excellent benefits when compared to non-State work.

ConsMost of my co-workers were not able to "climb the ladder" without leaving the school, or State employment all together.

Proud of the work done but long term employment at MCTC or MNSCU results in below average compensation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Minneapolis Community & Technical College full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProud to be working with the students that might not be college students at all if not for the efforts of the people at MCTC

ConsHard to work with a low student graduation/success ratio, low compensation via MN State oversight of wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease efforts to keep quality employees who are simply dissatisfied with the below average compensation packages, increase efforts to remove disgruntled employees from the work force.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big High School

Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at Minneapolis Community & Technical College full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is a very diverse culture. The physical surroundings are pleasant

ConsThe president is more concerned about appearances than quality of education. The nursing program needs much improvement. Administration has adversarial relationship with faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the faculty. Make an effort to understand their point of view.

Worked for Minneapolis Community & Technical College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Minneapolis Community & Technical College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Minneapolis Community & Technical College employees.