Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute

7 reviews filtered by
1.6
Mitchell G. Kaye
1 Rating

1. I love working here. The staff and Providers really care about patients. I feel fortunate to be a part of this organi

Current Contractor - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Contractor - Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

I'm given freedom to create and bring forward new ideas. The people with whom I work are very fun good people.

Cons

It's a busy group of clinics. Lots and lots to do. Although, I like working hard so this isn't as much a con to me as it might to someone else.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. Work overtime without pay, on salary. Some of the doctors are very egocentric. Never received a raise after 4 yrs.

Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work long hours for no pay, and put up with some very egocentric doctors.

Cons

Not appreciated by the staff, putting in unpaid extra hours, very busy environment.

Advice to Management

Need to listen to people working for them in the clinic.

3. Run for the hills!

I worked at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute

Pros

I loved my coworkers. They were like family. We worked seamlessly as a team. Pay was decent, but not as much as I could have earned elsewhere.

Cons

Management is terrible. Our manager picked favorites and granted favors to them. He refused to answer other employee questions, or was just completely inaccessible. Management does not discuss issues, they send threats, and tell you to keep your mouth shut if you try to address anything. No meetings and poor communication abound. HR is definitely not on your side, and don't forget it.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your employees. If they try to bring up an issue, take it as a compliment that they trust you enough to raise a question. Don't make them feel like they are expendable liabilities.

5. I have never witnessed anything like it!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

We always have the weekend to look forward to because we are closed. 5 o'clock eventually comes everyday.

Cons

The management is disrespectful towards employees and patients. Management are complete bullies that remind employees they are completely expendable. Everyone is over worked and underpaid and valued. Micro management to the max. Employees are told who they can eat lunch with and not to be friendly outside of work. Management fights amongst departments and pass that on to employees who are encouraged not to help each other. It does not matter what is best for employees, patients or the business management wants to prove a point at any cost.

Advice to Management

If they took the time to speak with the employees 90% of us would say the same name and the same things.

6. Run to the nearest exit

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any. The cons so far outweigh the pros. There is just no benefit to working here. It is such a toxic and negative environment. Except for one or two doctors who they themselves seem perplexed abut how things are run.

Cons

The worst work environment I have ever experienced. Wouldn't recomment this place to my worst enemy. The Management is an embarassment. Rules by intimidation and ridicule. Constant stress. Backstabbing and back biting are not only encouraged but rewarded.

Advice to Management

What management? This isn't management. This is the worst run business I have ever seen and I've been in this line of work for some time now. I have never seen such suspicious and negative environment fostered by management, Actively seeking elsewhere as are the majority I work with. Turnover is astounding.

7. Good doctors, poor management

I have been working at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

if you need a job just to get by until you find a good job, this place might be what you're looking for.

Cons

very little chance for promotion, extremely high turn over of employees, poor moral, hostile and harrassing environment, interdepartmental fighting, teamwork discouraged,elitist management style ( do as i say, not as i do), treats employees as commodities instead of assets, i have been told several times that i am replaceable, verbally abusing manage and coworkers. they are not family friendly heaven forbid you have a family crisis or need to change your schedule to accommodate your family's needs.

Advice to Management

you know what the problem is but you refuse to fix it to the deyriment of the patients and the company.

8. Dire Need of Leadership Changes

I worked at Minnesota Lung Center and Sleep Institute full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Physicians. The doctors are good.

Cons

Leadership is is sorely lacking. Very negative work environment and a lot of unhappy staff. Moral is extremely low. The mentality that is prevalent is negative behavior is rewarded and telling on others is encouraged. Staff are not encouraged to be happy and get along.

Advice to Management

Stop the finger pointing mentality. Treat staff better. Hang onto and stop firing good staff and managers. Seriously needs new Leadership.