Minnesota Vein Center Reviews

Primepares G. Pal

Love this job

Current Employee - BS/RVT in North Oaks, MN
    Current Employee - BS/RVT in North Oaks, MN

I have been working at Minnesota Vein Center part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy, tight knit, hardworking staff. I'm surrounded by professionals who believe in academic achievement and who reward it in their staff. Patients overall are healthy, most are athletic and educated.
    Work environment is awesome. I really like my mix of procedure asst. and RVT / studies.

Cons

One site and I live north and drive is long.

Advice to Management

Your very busy....start a clinic up north (near me.)

2. This place is a revolving door of unhappy employees leaving at every opportunity.

Former Employee - Receptionist in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Minnesota Vein Center

Pros

The pay was good and its a nicely decorated office.

Cons

Micromanaging and focus on unimportant trivial items even while training epitimizes this place. E.g. addressing envelopes in bold fonts is more important than ANYTHING confidential being shredded. It is so bad that it is a common occurance for people to leave after a couple of days of working there. Training is a nightmare because expectations of new people are too high. You are told things like, "I believe I explained that to you in your interview" ( How to perform a task, etc.). Screaming at employees is commonplace. They encounter so many problems with employees that when they hire you they tell the next runner up to call after a week or two to see if they are now interested in them. Run...don't accept their offer. 6 mos. is about the maximum employees will stay.

Advice to Management

Employees are the key to growing your business. You need to treat them right in order to succeed. The employees are not the cause of your growing problems. You are. Plus your patients notice the revolving door of employees. Your worrying about "looking flakey" is mostly due to you and your constantly having to train new people.

Great experience, helped my career.

Former Employee - Office Assistant
    Former Employee - Office Assistant

I worked at Minnesota Vein Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the back office 5 years assisting with data base, chart audit, quality assurance and financial/insurance issues. Multiple off-site continuing education seminars and learning opportunities. Loved working with the staff and the patients. Nice environment and up-to-date equipment, great benefits/pay.

Cons

Big learning curve. You have to love multi-tasking and being very busy. I had to learn medical terminology, all new computer applications. Had to learn Electronic Medical Records and helping scan for EMR and working out the 'kinks' of EMR. A big process, while doing my other tasks, but very interesting.

Advice to Management

Provide sweaters, AC on during procedures. Continuing education paid was very helpful.