Mint Clothing and Accessories

Amazing First Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Mint Clothing and Accessories

Pros

Perfect job for a hardworking teen, Awesome if interested in part time, Great feedback is given by management if a job is well done, extremely flexible schedule and employees willing to cover a shift last minute.

Cons

Don't expect to pay the bills with the paycheck, must be good at sales- hours are given based on sales, must be efficient at problem solving.

Mint use to be a fun place to work at, now it sucks.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Mint Clothing and Accessories

Pros

The hours were super flexible. Management was great at what they did. Everyone was nice and helped me when I had a problem with something. Sometimes we would have a dressup day where we tried on new clothing so that everyone could learn about the clothing. which helped us sell the clothing and accessories better.

Cons

Sometimes you would be stuck with a friday and saturday closing shift every week. Schedules were made too far in advance. I never knew what days I needed off. We needed to sell to get shifts. High sellers got more hours. Pay is near minimum wage. New management took over when I was working there. They ended up letting everyone go without reason. What use to be 4 4 great stores, there are now only 2 left. I guess management is doing great!!!

Do not let go your best employees who sell the most. Your pricing is too expensive. Your sales do not attract people into the store. Learn how to run your business better. Learn how to communicate. Changing store huors will not help your bankruptcy problems.

The good and the bad

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Houston, TX

I worked at Mint Clothing and Accessories

Pros

The Middle management is excellent and the clothes sell themselves. They are usually very accommodating to employees schedule.

Cons

The pay is very low compared to the amount of responsibilities expected from the position.
    Employees are constantly secret-shopped by management.There is a weird passive-aggressive environment.

Employees need better compensation in order to make up for all the responsibilities expected of them

Worked for Mint Clothing and Accessories? Contribute to the Community!