Minted Reviews

Reset
3.8
Minted Founder & CEO Mariam Naficy
Mariam Naficy

Pros
  • I enjoy Minted's culture and admire the senior management team (in 5 reviews)

• Most people are very nice and it's a nice location (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero chance of full-time opportunities (in 6 reviews)

• As a temp Holiday season hire, your schedule is like Jury Duty (in 6 reviews)

Fun place to work!

I have been working at Minted full-time

Pros

Minted is a fast-growing company that's innovative and disruptive in a pretty unique way compared to other silicon valley technology companies. We're not just building a software product or software platform, we're a marketplace for independent artists and we handle customization and fulfillment. We have a lot of creative people here and continue to expand our marketplace in new verticals. The company is committed to building out a world-class management team and organization to enable the business to continue to grow. Employees have an opportunity to make key contributions and build the company. Last but not least, we just renovated our space in SF and it's a fantastic environment highlighting our design savvy.

Cons

Like any young, high-growth company, Minted has its challenges. The company is still continuing to define itself so certain roles and business practices can be fluid.

Design Associate

Former Contractor - Design Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Design Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Minted as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, fun group, good snacks.

Cons

Work instructions conflict with the way the job is actually supposed to be performed. Every season, permanent staff is overwhelmed by the influx of temporary employees, and there are tons of glitches in everything from setting up email accounts to getting paid. ONE CRAPPY 3-STALL LADIES ROOM for 500 employees! They could at least pipe some music in so it feels less like you're sitting in each other's laps.

Advice to Management

The trainers tell designers one thing, and the supervisors tell designers the exact opposite, especially for issues of typography and special effects. Unify instructions. Also, don't "bribe" seasonal temps with the christmas office party since you know you're going to be letting everyone go the week before and they won't be attending! Music in the ladies' room would make the room less close and the experience less awkward.

Excellent place to work

I have been working at Minted full-time

Pros

Good work environment that encourages continuous learning. There is a strong sense of community throughout the office. Management is passionate about the company's vision and it shows.

Cons

Need to provide better 401k options

Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Design Associate and Quality Control in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Design Associate and Quality Control in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I worked at Minted full-time for close to two years. It helped me advance my career because I learned a lot. it was a great foot in the door to the design world and a great addition to my resume. The managers were all super caring and helpful.

Cons

The design positions are NOT creative roles. They are production roles. There is little room for growth. The work became extremely monotonous. Most people there are hipsters with snobby attitudes. There is an aura of depression amongst all the designers since they long to have "real" design jobs. While I was grateful to have a "design job," I would often say Minted is where dreams go to die. Fortunately, I was able to move on upward after leaving the company. The pay is also pathetically low. Also, you most likely won't have regular weekends. The days off are spread out throughout the week. After being there a while, I got a semi regular weekend with Friday Saturday off.

Advice to Management

Employees definitely need to be paid more.

6. Solid career growth opportunities and excellent culture

Current Employee - Director, Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted (Less than a year)

Pros

Minted is experiencing terrific growth, which has generated tremendous career growth opportunities in all functions. It is very much a collaborative environment where everyone does their best to create and perfect best-in-class and innovative products and services. The company makes every effort to foster a healthy culture of trust and transparency. The offices are teeming with inspiring colleagues and bursting with creativity. The executive leadership is impressive and engaging. Oh, and Minted HQ is, by far, the most beautiful place I’ve worked.

Cons

The road of uncharted territory that comes with a growing company can be a bit rocky at times. Not every process and procedure has been refined, so sometimes you have to go with the flow.

Advice to Management

Minted is an excellent company. Do everything you can to preserve the culture. People are generally very happy, and that’s priceless. The little things matter, so keep on doing what you’re doing. Keep sharing wins, recognizing dedication and hard work, and promoting from within. You’ve got a great thing going.

Director, Customer Operations Programs

Current Employee - Director of Customer Operations Programs in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top-notch executives High employee caliber Beautifully designed products Kind and helpful teammates Fast growing company Ability to make an impact

Cons

Expected growing pains from rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to be a workplace where it is a meritocracy and people's opinions are valued and heard.

Cool company, growing pains

Current Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young artists, very cool people and low stress. Breaks, coffee, and an oreo jar. Great experience, essentially a paid internship.

Cons

very inconsistent work hours, your are essentially highly replaceable. You don't get sick days so if you are sick they are unexcused and then they send you emails about it. Really don't feel valued at all.

Advice to Management

you waste tons of money on training people and don't put any effort into retaining already trained people. There is no real incentive to do better than average. Inconsistent training and info sharing across teams.

9. Great place to work!!

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Loved working here...Work was fun and had a lot of opportunity in designing. Th e people here are really very good, supportive and helpful.

Cons

Some of the days go really very slow and the system sometime have a lot of issues.

Minted is still in start-up mode' after 7 years

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Bagel" Mondays, free healthy snacks, Yoga on Fridays, catered lunch on Thursdays, food trucks nearby every M-W-F. Some friendly people. Great engineer team.

Cons

"Open" workspace, very small desk space, long rows of tables for desks, including small ikea tables for some unfortunate people, constant renovation work, meetings never start on time, always 'fixing problems' and the CEO is very involved which causes bottlenecks. High turnover throughout the year on various teams.

Advice to Management

Better 401k options

Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Minted full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool product mix. Hardworking employees.

Cons

The CEO is very involved in marketing approvals which causes A LOT of delays and turn.

RSS Feed </> Embed