Mintz Group

www.mintzgroup.com

Mintz Group Reviews

4.0

Jim Mintz

Very satisfied former employee.

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Mintz Group as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

A truly elite investigative services firm, the Mintz Group offered a top notch pedigree of coworker (most coworkers either held degrees from an Ivy League or comparable school). Industry knowledge was of the highest level and if not for other life opportunities (Left to continue my education) I definitely would have stayed at the firm indefinitely. Great work environment, friendly staff. Excellent upper-level management that has overseen the growth of the company into a central player in the investigative and corporate intelligence space.

Cons

While not specific to the Mintz Group, the investigative/consulting industry is both time and energy intensive. A passion for investigations and an underlying curious streak are definitely necessary if considering working at a firm like the James Mintz Group.

Interesting work, low pay

I have been working at Mintz Group full-time

Pros

Interesting work, colleagues with diverse professional backgrounds

Cons

low pay, little room for advancement

invest in developing your employees and upping the retention rate. The amount that is spent on training new hires because entry level people leave after a few years is far too high - it would be more worth your time to compensate and train the employees you already have such that they feel it is actually advantageous to their career to stick around (in many cases this isn't currently true.)

very good remuneration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Mintz Group as a contractor

Pros

effective management
    interesting confidential projects

Cons

no cons that i experienced

Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Mintz Group

Pros

They often hire contractors to help with their work and they compensate well and treat everyone well also. They firm works on very high end and exciting work. If I could have stayed, I wuld have strongly considered it.

Cons

It is extremely difficult to know what others are doing based on the nature of the business - employees rarely discuss the inner workings of things, and for good reason, its extremely confidential, but atthe same time for professional growth it would be helpful to know things

I have none, as they were very respectful, and compensated well and established good goals for their contractors working on special projects.