Mintz Levin Financial Advisor

MLFA Review

Current Employee - Investment Operations Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Investment Operations Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mintz Levin Financial Advisor

Pros

It is a talented and smart group of individuals. Everyone is willing to help you out. I am always learning about new things everyday from my coworkers. They inform you much about their own experience especially about the Certificate of Financial Planning classes. The job in itself is very applicable to your life. They try to give unique bonuses like getting your birthday off. They understand if you have some event that came up and are flexible to your schedule as long as you give an explanation. Many of the group share resources and knowledge. There is a bonus for passing the CFP examination.

Cons

Upper management still keeps certain issues hidden from the rest of the group even though we are a small company. This lack of communication hurts the company. I've learned that after you reach a certain point in your career, there is difficulty since many people stick with the company instead of leaving. They are currently working with consultant to come up with a strategic structure for all of the Financial Advisors for the future. I still think there is no motivation to help the company grow because there is no commission if you gain your own book of clients.

Allow people to grow and the company will realize all the potential that is dormant right now.

The job itself is tedious with no hope of a quick promotion.

Former Employee - Investment Operations Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Investment Operations Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Mintz Levin Financial Advisor

Pros

My co-workers were the only highlight of this position, they helped get me through!

Cons

I found that almost nothing that was promised at the interview came to fruition, salary is also low.

1) Work on employee morale. 2) Set expectation accordingly at the interview process.

Worked for Mintz Levin Financial Advisor? Contribute to the Community!