Minuteman Parking Reviews

Updated June 3, 2014
Updated June 3, 2014

3.1

Christopher Fox

one who has a good personality.

Former Employee - Parking Attendant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Parking Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time for more than a year

Pros

easy to get alone with the other that work with him.

Cons

just moving from place to place.

they are experience worker.

Once you have enough experience working here quit and get a better valet job

Former Employee - Valet  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Valet in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours
    Tips
    Friendly environment among co-workers

Cons

Hourly pay
    Answering to incompetent management

Quit

Valet Jobs are abundant, I would suggest working somewhere else.

Current Employee - Valet, Shuttle Driver  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Valet, Shuttle Driver in Portland, OR

I have been working at Minuteman Parking part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job.
    -There are no positive aspects of working for this company. They are a company that is contracted for parking services. They offer low prices for there services by cutting wages and removing benefits.

Cons

-Do not receive mandatory break periods.
    -Not appreciated
    -Management will never help or make position easier for staff.
    -Make money by going into existing business and taking over transportation and valet service and cutting the wage and removing benefits from the positions.
    -ugliest uniforms possible
    -Advertised as a tipped position, but tips are stolen from the employees and given to the hospital as a donation.
    -Dress code for the minuteman is stricter than the hospital staff. No facial hair, no visible tattoos,
    no piercing, which does not apply to any of the hospital employees. To make matters worse you are required to wear a uniform that is more appropriate to wear a fine dinning restaurant than a hospital.

-Because the horrible working conditions employee turnover is horrible. Many employees quit there first day. Is not a typical valet job (no tips). The constant turnover makes an already horrible job worse. The constant turnover creates a very unorganized chaotic culture.

Remember that employees are part of the business. It would be nice to do one thing to make this job not horrible.
    -give employees there mandatory paid breaks
    -Get rid of the demeaning uniforms
    -Do not let companies steal valet employees tips by putting out a donation box as an alternative.

JUST DO SOMETHING FOR EMPLOYEES

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place for a student.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Minuteman Parking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many varied properties to work out throughout the company (Hospitals,Hotels,etc).
    Tips, Good teamwork and community, Loyalty, Respect, From my experience the top level management really tries to bring the company''s core values down to the workers who are on the front lines. The company really changed my view of the parking industry, primarily by making me see there is an industry and it is not just back alley parking lot owners somewhere downtown.

If you work hard then you will see the benefits. You will also feel a boost in self worth for going ablove and beyond when you are assisting your guests. Good life lessons!

Cons

Any job has its ups and downs. I have had my fair share of both. Ultimately I cannot fault the company itself, there may be someone here are there that can be hard to deal with, but just get your act together and you can go far.

Some properties and positions can be really demanding. Usually everything works out fine, but there are times when everyone can get put into a bing and being a team you just need to do your part and work through it.

I feel like there is room for more pay.

I think you have a really good thing going. I am actually proud to work for this company and I just want to see you guys hold the course.

Good starter jobs for managers - great part time jobs for college students

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  County Side, LA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in County Side, LA

I worked at Minuteman Parking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good upward mobility and supervisory and management starter jobs for college grads if you want to get into management and they like you and you are consistently good at your job. You must start as a valet though. Get great experience and training. Good top management for the most part, cares about employees more than other valet companies but could do more there. They have employee discount programs and some optioinal benefits for valets

Cons

Business depends on tips for valet employees which are limited at some locations so turnover is high. Most employees are part time which contirubutes to turnover. No real benefits until you get into management. Beneits there are average for management jobs. Pay for management jobs could be higher. Managers are expected to jump when asked to work anywhere no matter how many hours they worked that week. Some favortism seen among themanagement group.

The company has great values for customer service. Extend some of that to employees in raise opportunities and benefits for full time employees including valets, which may reduce turnover which is a problem due to mostly part time employees

I learned more working for this company, than I have ever learned in my daily life

Former Employee - Courier & Valet  in  Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Courier & Valet in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Minuteman Parking part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, Great perks, They care about their employees, they make it a point to take care of their contracts, and are always great people

Cons

Very hot work days, not always offered the necessities, hired within the company, It was not easy to actually get this job and it took me 6 months

Make it a point to take care of all of your employees no matter how insignificant you think they are, because at the end of the day they are the ones on the front lines giving your company its name.

I park cars

Current Employee - Driveway Ambassador  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Driveway Ambassador in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Minuteman Parking

Pros

You get tips which are tax free, and it also means that you can take home cash every night instead of waiting for a paycheck

Cons

Well, you are parking cars, and some of them are nasty inside. People can be pretty dirty. Also, not everyone tips and as with every service industry, people can be rude

We used to run with very few employees/valets on at any one time. However, we have recently been over staffing which affects our ability to make tips.

Worked for Minuteman Parking? Contribute to the Community!