Miovision Technologies

Miovision Technologies Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kurtis McBride

Good people, introspective company.

Pros- Most people who work here buy in to what the company is doing, and are motivated to get things right.
    - The are no 'walls' in the org structure. If you have a question you can bug anyone about it.
    - Culture is important.

Cons- Sometimes lessons have been learned the hard way. A little more foresight + being aware of the big picture would go a long way.
    - Clumsy processes and tools are used in more than a few cases across the company. Doing things by the book doesn't always work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSound engineering judgement trumps intuition every time and in almost all things. Short term, long term, whatever.

Media Processing Specialist

Media Processing Specialist (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

ProsGood enviroment, free snacks and coffee/tea

Consnever got promotion
    company is not well organized, tools using for the business is not optimised, many bugs with the software.

Advice to Senior Managementaccept innovative advice.

Avoid if possible

(Current Employee)

ProsInformal dress code, lots of responsibility, variety of tasks, free coffee

ConsSadly, it is not the place for anyone to make a career, no matter how talented you are.

Top management lacks integrity and general common sense. Senior managers are unprofessional and very inexperienced, and it shows.

Chaos reigns. There are few processes and those that exist are very often ignored.

Hard work is neither respected nor rewarded. Hours are very long and salaries are pitiful.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate transparency and trust throughout all levels of the company. This is the only way to survive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good atmosphere, surrounded by people who care

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Non monetary perks
    -laid back atmosphere
    -no dress code
    -talented workforce
    -flexible hours

Cons-several employees put in long hours meaning that you feel bad leaving early

A fun & innovated place to work, with enormous growth opportunities.

Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Pros- This company will be the next big thing. The Leaders of Miovision don’t want to just make it in the traffic industry, they want to dominate it! and they’re developing the structure (in people and systems) that can do it. Everyone here, in every department, is motivated, driven, and passionate about their work. It’s part of our culture and it’s one of the things that make this company great.

- You won’t ever find people pointing fingers when things go wrong, you’ll only find them pointing to solutions.

Cons- This company is still growing and we don’t have processes in place for everything. When situations arise you may need to innovate your own solutions, rather than following a standard procedure. Some people may find this a con, although for most of the people at Miovision, it’s the challenges that drive us.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep doing what you’re doing. Invest in your people and make sure they clearly understand your vision. We’ll unblock the obstacles as they arise, as long as we know where we’re heading.

Just the challenge I was looking for

Software Developer (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Pros- Getting to work with a broad range of technologies, and as a dev, getting to work on everything from database, to server and client code
    - Some amazing people to work with, who are willing to share their knowledge
    - Lots of technical challenge, exactly what's needed to continue learning

Cons- Sometimes too much change due to rapid growth
    - More training is always appreciated

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got good people with good intentions, but they probably need some guidance / training.

Being a part of the next big thing!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

ProsMiovision is a fast paced, high growth tech success. There is a ton to learn, and there are a few growing pains, but the team is smart, motivated, passionate and the culture is amazing. The team syncs well and spends a lot of time together personally and professionally. Earning potential and learning potential continues to grow with the business. Lots of career advancement opportunities as the business grows. Management has all of their blood sweat and tears into the business and cares about their team and are extremely talented and great to work with. Flexible work environment and open discussions all around.

ConsMany things are self learned/taught, there aren't a lot of experienced veterans teaching leaders how to lead and contributors how to contribute. You have to seek out professional development and learn outside of the office sometimes, although the company is very supportive of this and wants everyone to grow professionally. Frequent directional changes sometimes cut productivity or success of projects, although they always seem to be for good reason and make sense for the better of everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus. Shelter yourself from the noise and put some top guns with motivational and execution experience in place to help smooth out some of the growth challenges and not have to learn it yourself.

Fantastic learning environment and solid career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

ProsLot's of learning opportunities.
    Growing rapidly allowing for career opportunities
    Opportunity to provide your input and influence the organization. A chance to see your work have an impact!

ConsMore structure is needed in the day-to-day operations
    More communication vertically in the organization would better align the team

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few more people that have been there, done that.

Awesome

ProsAmazing Culture
    Strong Short Term & Long Term Vision
    Intelligent group of peers
    Company cares about employees
    Opportunity to work on exciting projects
    Ability to carve out your own path
    Employee input is valued at management level

ConsRe-shuffling of roles leads to some confusion
    Growing pains

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to realize the importance of a strong company culture as Miiovision transitions from start-up to larger organization

researcher

Researcher (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Prosgreat place to work, free coffee

Conssmall team size, lack of experience

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Miovision Technologies? Contribute to the Community!