Miraca Life Sciences

Miraca Life Sciences Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Frank Basile

Specialty Pathology Services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosforward thinking, technologically advanced and oriented.

Conshard sell to new accounts.

Growing company

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has solid values that management exemplifies. Company is forward thinking and looks to grow in over the next 5 years.

ConsBenefits are not as good as they use to be and teams tend to run lean causing staffing shortages. HR is not on site very often.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush more employee appreciation and get paths and sales to support the lab teams.

Honest review

Histotech (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsMonthly birthday sweets, monthly townhall meetings that provide entertainment, work out room, free coffee. Most enjoyable part of the job is the unity between the coworkers, the environment is fun.
    If you are a veteran and you're looking to only do one thing, (whether it's cutting or embedding) and you are not looking to do all of the duties that a tech generally does (gross, special stains, immunos, etc) then this is the place for you.

ConsManagement, 30 min lunches, serious favoritism from upper management, benefits, lack of training and variety. If you are looking for a place that will provide growth, mental stimulation (zero mental stimulation. no exaggeration), and variety, then Miraca is not a place for you to be. It will be frustrating in the long run. This is not an ideal place to learn and grow as a tech. (I would not recommend this place to new techs). The main thing that I have learned from working at Miraca, is to trust no one (especially those in leadership). Words mean nothing, and action is everything. This place is centered around false promises with no action to back it up (policy, training, advancement..talk of ideas 24/7 with no execution). The company is currently in a cost savings mode, therefore they are cheap about everything, including benefits (the benefits were good before miraca took over. this place was formerly caris life sciences). They'll suck you dry, and kick you to the curb when they are done with you. The rules change with the wind. No consistency. Expect odd hours (3pm-11pm, 4-1230am, etc). 30 min lunch. HIgh turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe the change that you would like to see. Stand by what you say and follow through. Be proactive and preventative so that disasters won't occur. Try to be more transparent with your employees so that effective communication can take place.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Irving, TX

ProsFor those who want to work for healthcare company where patient care is the priority, this is great place to be. There are many opportunities for professional growth and innovation, not to mention being part of a successful and growing company. The leadership team is strong and forward-thinking and committed to teammates, patients, and clients. Benefits are also very competitive.

ConsThe company has experienced much change over the past two years and is in a period of transformation - which is great for those who want to be part of it; harder for those who don't. Some of the old culture still exists in certain pockets, but that is changing for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Keep sharing information and involving teammates in solutions.

Great opportunity to learn and grow in my career path!

Irving, TX

ProsIt is exciting to be a part of a growing company with a tremendous amount of top talentin every department. Everyone's ideas and oppinions are heard, even by senior management, which is a breath of fresh air.

ConsNot all policies and procedures are set into place yet, but are currently being finalized and implemented.

Refreshing place to work!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsVery nice facilities, great culture, great employee morale, free onsite gym, free cappuccino's, plenty of parking...what else could you ask for? (Benefits are good as well.)

ConsNot as much working from home as other companies...a little less time off than others, no covered parking (although there is plenty of it and nice size parking spots).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

every day is just like yesterday and the day before.

Histotech (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

Prosgood benefits, good pay and if you want to learn about a different area then if you go to your supervisor and maybe, just maybe he will make that happen for you.

ConsManagment , leads, all speak with the same words. Reach out...it is what it is...thats good to know...
    It's like they turn into a robot when they get a promotion. Not much human in this group.
    They sound like some kind of robots always repeating the same thing over, and over and over. OK enough, I GOT it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you really know who you have working under you? really?

Unprofessional management!!!!

Histo Tech (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsNo comment! Daytime supervisor and management is so unprofessional!!!

ConsUneasy to work there!! Schedule will be change in at anytime.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional with your employees!!

Newton Management needs to go

Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee)
    Newton, MA

ProsThe employees and their ability to excel without effective leadership.

ConsThe employee's here are top notch for a crew that lacks leadership. The morning meetings are akin to a Walmart Pep Rally which is a slap in the face of professionals of this caliber. Supervisors are only interested in advancing their careers at the expense of the employees contributions. Human Resources is located in Irving and does not pursue any requests to examine the leadership style at this facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy Advice to Upper Management is to replace the entire Leadership Team at this Facility.

Refreshing to work with passionate individuals!

Pros* Culture - the passion and drive that everyone has here is enjoyable and I love the sense of urgency to get things done.
    * Benefits - Great package, PTO is fantastic, takes care of all employees, all employees are able to bonus in some capacity.
    * Location - Easy to get to it seems from all areas.
    * Career growth - I know people here that are on track to management and they work with you to get to where you want to be in your career (classes and leadership courses available). But I know people that love doing that one job they do and that is fine too. It fits all types of career minded people.
    * Management - Seems like a lot is being done to communicate more with employees and many can see that, and that is good.

ConsPeople in the cubicles can get loud, maybe to compensate for other conversations happening around them. But there are many of them who probably should be behind closed doors - from a noise level and maybe the type of job they have. There are not a lot of meeting places or conference rooms, usually because people are in visiting and we are limited on space right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe communication is great. We have not had that much before so it is really nice to feel more a part of something.

Worked for Miraca Life Sciences? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Miraca Life Sciences reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Miraca Life Sciences CEO Frank Basile. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Miraca Life Sciences employees.