Miracle Ear

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cold Calling Residential Setting Appointments,Sales

Appointment Setter, Sales (Former Employee) Bloomfield Hills, MI

ProsIt was a fun job I feel and made Sales and quota for the day.

ConsMaking about 200 Calls a day and setting appointments for senior citizens. Some with dymensia.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust wish things were better within company. Financially and could have stayed ther for a longer period of time.

Phony Job

ProsIts 10-5:30 pm and that really it.

ConsThe consultants wear fake hearing aids

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want someone to do 3 jobs in one, compensate for it and do not be slave drivers.

Appreciate Office Administrators keeping office open/organized and functional in all situations.

Office Administrator Branch Office (Former Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsEmployment and enjoy working with patients.

ConsCo policies inconsistent at times. Some hearing techs abuse company and/or patient's faith.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep raise review and performance reviews on schedule. Don't allow hearing techs to verbally abuse FOAs. When certification is achieved provide certificate to FOA (Front Office Administrators) Be respectful. Allow lunch breaks and compensate FOA for errand running. Offices don't run themselves!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company cares more about selling than helping.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Albany, NY

ProsHearing aids work and one can help change a life for the better.

ConsOwners are basically good guys but they care more about making sales than changing the life of someone in need. Sales will come if you treat people right.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to deal with people/employees. They're farm boys that have a hard time communicating in a positive approach.

Sadly disappointing

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsMaking a difference in a persons every day life is so important. The people you deal with on a day to day basis are generally amazing. My co-workers (in office only) were awesome. We were all new, and ready to make our mark in this career!

ConsWhere do I start. I have NEVER worked for a company that has an openly closed-door policy. I actually was told NOT to ask questions to the owner of the company, I was also told not to talk to him at all unless I was in dire need. I was hired on as a "marketing coordinator".. This title needs to simply say receptionist. It was a total bait and switch. I don't mind doing receptionist/administrative tasks, but don't sell one thing, and give another. I gave a marketing idea, and it was blown off and I was immediately told everything I was doing wrong. I worked here for a whole 1 1/2 months, and although I LOVED my job, I absolutely hated the nit picking, the SUPER micro management, the impersonal nature, and extreme ego of these people. One last thing... Calling offices and hanging up on people just to see how they are going to answer the phone is NOT the right way to do things. After awhile, it is just a bit over kill. On a final note, at my location, not a single piece of information is ever shredded. Very personal information does get thrown away....

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off a little, STREAMLINE processes, don't talk to people like they are stupid or ignorant when they ask a question, be honest about what the job will be, and train properly. There are so many things to learn, that it is difficult to look it up on the website.. TRAIN PROPERLY and you will have much happier staff.

Very much a sales position

Hearing Aid Dealer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

Prosgood opportunity to make commission on sales

Conssome dishonest business practices in upper management

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest with your employees

It was a pleasure to have worked with such a nice group of employee's including our corporate staff.

Office Care Administrator (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsI enjoyed working with the clients. It was in a very convenient location and my boss was very nice although at times he could be very, very stubborn. But a pleasure to have been associated with him. Also, enjoyed the benefits and monthly bonuses.

ConsOnce that the business became a franchise, it would not have any benefits and the hourly rate would be cut back drastically. Such a shame. Also, telemarketing was not the real way to attract a potential client.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust show your respect and reward them as you deem appropriate.

Better people running this company compared to it's local competition

Consultant (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGood Product, Trusted Brand, Effective Marketing all play a part in allowing you to make a decent salary. Only working with one manufacturer is much preferred over multiple lines also.

ConsProduct training needs work. M.E. staffs a national corporate office...they are not as well versed on product/software details as they should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional Training Reps to work one on one with Consultants in their offices. Too many details to learn all that's necessary from a bi annual, four hour training session.

Undertrained and Micro managed

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGrowing Market. Has branded name recognition.

ConsMin training. Set presentation with high pressure close. Have you posing as a MD with no back ground. Straight Commission that was over sold at interview. Over saturated offices in this market with limited opportunity to generate commissonable sales

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the office camera's and learn how to treat employee's as humans. Limited training hinders growth and consultants ability to sale. Hire trainers from industry to help program aids

I have really enjoyed it

Front Office Associate (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMy boss is reasonably and it is easy. It was a great place to get started back working again. Love working with the customers.

ConsNo where to move up really. No benefits with my employer. No more room for raise. Not enough to keep me busy.

Worked for Miracle Ear? Contribute to the Community!